Sally Hansen Diamond Strength - Sunrise Sunset

Diamond Strength - Sunrise Sunset

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

What is up with the new formula? The nail polish won't last a DAY on my nails, the old formula the nail polish used to last THREE WEEKS! WTF!

on 8/29/2012 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was a joke. Chipped within 2 days.

on 4/2/2009 2:12:00 AM

I was so shocked by the positive reviews. I am very fair skinned, and found the colour very gory and way too bright. I also found it difficult to apply the polish perfectly, as the brush was too thin. I did not like the finish at all.

on 6/11/2010 9:41:00 AM

This is a very lovely color, shimmery coral with a hint of green in certain lights. I do prefer brighter colors for my toes (I only wear polish on my toenails) but this is very nice. I doubt I would buy again as there are so many pretty colors to try, but this is very nice. As with all of the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength range, this does last very well and I have only had one chip in the two weeks that I have been wearing this. Would recommend! continued >>

on 4/30/2009 8:03:00 PM

I'm wearing it right now. I have had it a while, but as others have noted, it's more of a warm weather color. As I am DESPERATE for some warm, springy, sunny weather I went ahead and got it out. I remember why I liked it so well last summer! I am very fair myself and I don't have a problem with the color being too bright whatsoever. But I am the type that really likes wearing neon colors on my toes during the full-on summer, so I may not be the best judge. Otherwise, I have many many of the Diamond Strength colors, they're my favorite brand next to OPI. You can't go wrong with them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sally Halsen Diamond Strength Nail Polish in Sunrise Sunset is a beautiful shade of shimmery muted tomato orange with a slight green flash. I'm not usually one for orange polish but this shade is toned down enough that the orange is not garish in any way and the green flash just makes it interesting but not weird. I'm a sucker for great packaging and I just love the shape of these bottles and the added rhinestone. The application was smooth and opaque in two coats. I took off one lippie because it did take a little longer to dry. However, I was able to get a week of wear out of this with only minor crazing/cracking at day six. I'd definitely buy this one again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

One of the best names I've ever seen for a polish. Sunrise, Sunset (Sally Hansen) is a lovely coral base with green shimmer that surprisingly really does call forth what a sunrise and a sunset would be if they were mashed up together. What an absolutely awesome combination; in fact, it kinda looks like a duochrome when the light works it right.

The formula is good as befits a shimmer and applied with no issues though it took three coats for the above. It's from their Diamond Strength "no chip" line but I can tell you right now, the no chip thing isn't quite legit. Sunrise, Sunset makes a pretty orangey coral though and application was great, so it's not a bad buy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is probably my new favorite nail polish! I think most of the polishes I own make my hands look green in comparison to the color. This looks oddly natural. It isn't a shocking color, instead it's muted down by the gold/green shimmer.

I own mostly corals, oranges, reds and this is definitely the best. A must have if you have olive or yellow skin tones!

on 6/27/2010 11:49:00 AM

Unique color - coral/salmon/orange shimmer with a gold and very slight green flash. This description may make it seem like a garish shade, but it isn't at all. It's very flattering, especially for those with warmer complexions. Application is smooth and easy. Two coats is fine but you really need 3 coats for opaque coverage, which is my only minor gripe with this polish. I'm very hard on my nails and I am amazed at how long this polish lasts with no chips, peeling, crazing or shrinkage. One of the longest wearing polishes I've ever used!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

i also nabbed this polish at CVS for 75% off--impulse buy! but i am so pleased; i love the beautiful tangerine-coral colour and the hint of green shine. the formula is great and it was very flattering against my skin despite being so vibrant. one of my favourite polishes, and not just among my drug store polishes.