MAC Frost - Vex

MAC Frost - Vex
Frost - VexFrost - VexFrost - VexFrost - VexFrost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 10/21/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So gorgeous and perfect for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes or under the brow bone. No streakiness or fading either when used with a primer over the lid. I have even used a bit on my cheek bones as well and it looked nice.

on 6/24/2016 12:37:00 AM

I just recently purchased Vex after falling in lust with the swatch photos online. The duo-chrome green and pink shimmers weaved through the deceptive light grey eyeshadow really caught my eyes. However I was at a lost after I got it because I didn't really know how to play with it until I discovered how beautifully it matches with Satin Taupe (another favorite). The complexity going through Vex and Satin Taupe on the eyes makes me so happy! It was thanks to Jen from From Head to Toe that I figured out how to pair Vex =)

To Read all 371 Reviews, Login or Join

So, Vex has been reviewed a lot and I just want to add that it is excellent, unique and very good for my coolish skin tone. So many eyeshadows end up too bronzy or reddish or even orange (yuck!) and Vex does not. Also not too sparkly even though it falls under frost - and I am careful with sparkle as it doesn't work well with wrinkles! Pair with a taupy-purple crease color and a bit of Pfloof in the inner corner and it is gorgeous. Would buy again and again. I doubt that it is very dupe-able as there are all sorts of colors going on this baby.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

One of my favourite eyeshadows. Its beautiful and it has a shimmery moon like appearance. Not only is this eyeshadow great on its own if you are wearing a bold lip but it is very good to use in conjunction with a varity of different eyeshadows. It works well placed over browns coppers dark greys and it is nicely pigmented. Its versatile and it is a unique shade and its one of the first mac shadows Ill hit pan on

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a lovely opalescent shadow and I don't think there are dupes for this one. I tried it on the lid and used Deep Truth as a liner with Soft Brown in the crease. This combination is beautiful on my brown eyes, but I could see it working with a deep purple or even forest green eyeliner or something like Aquadisiac or Swimming. It brightens my eyes. A frost in the wrong color (Satin Taupe) deadens my eyes, but Vex is full of light and the subtle shifts in color depending on the lighting are intriguing. I would have thought this would be too silver for my C4/5 skin. However, the chromatic effects, the green and blue, somehow make this work. This works even on my 60 something eyelids. A keeper.

on 2/18/2015 11:05:00 AM

I really like Vex a lot. I'm cool toned and very fair NW20, blonde hair, green eyes and this makes a great lid shade for me. I like to use Satin Taupe in the crease a little Shroom and Brule and it makes a great daytime look for me. What's cool about this colour Is that it can transform a shadow like brown I throw a little Vex over it and it looks so cool. I also do it with black because blacks can look too stark on my skin. It just looks really nice alone or over shadows. This shade I cannot find a dupe for it seems to be a very unique shadow. It's grey with pinks and green it's almost hard to describe but it's such a great colour and it's so easy to work with. It's very easy to blend and has a nice buttery texture. This one is a total repurchase and I prefer to buy the single and put it in a palette. Vex is one of my favorite shades from MAC and it's a work horse of a colour as you can do so much with it. I love it! Recommended!

on 12/22/2014 2:25:00 PM

I only have myself to blame for not discovering this shade sooner. I'd heard things about it, but didn't love plain pink duochrome eyeshadows, which Vex is not. There is a slight opal pink sheen, but it's not the star of the shadow in my opinion.

The star of this is the fact that it's a sheer, wearable, lovely opalescent grey, with underlayers of other tones shot through it. However, on my lids, and my skintone (NC15) it does serve as a lid color. For those that are darker in skintone, this may be a lovely highlight.

This may be the only grey I will ever wear on my eyes. I dislike cool greys, and very harsh greys, and find myself leaning more towards dark brown, taupe for smokiness rather than silvers, and Vex is just a very welcomed shade to my palette of light eyeshadows.

Vex is one of my favourite mac eyeshadows. A light wash all over the lid makes me look fresh and awake. I also love wearing it with satin taupe or fig 1. Also, since it has a pink/green duochrome it pairs well with tons of shadows, from purples to greens to neutrals. If I apply too much it can look a bit stark on me (NC40) but other than that I love it.

on 12/3/2013 4:12:00 PM

I think this is one of the more underrated MAC eyeshadows so I though I should do a review on it just to get it some more attention. This is probably one of the more unique eyeshadows I've ever seen and I have nothing like this, nor have I come across anything even similar. It's a mix between white and gold and has a golden/silver duochrome to it(although it's very subtle) that looks absolutely amazing placed in the inner tearduct or in the center of the lid. The texture of this eyeshadow is VERY buttery and smooth and has minimal fallout. It also makes a great browbone highlight and you could also use it as a face highlight on the nose, cheekbones, etc.

I definitely think this should be a signature MAC eyeshadow! So gorgeous, and like I said, I have not found anything even close to this color ever.

on 11/23/2013 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When I first got this eyeshadow I was disappointed as it didn't do much for me, but after playing around with it i realised that my first impression was so wrong!

Its great for the inner corners, and looks wonderful layered over other colours to give them a duotone effect. I've not tried this myself yet, but saw a swatch of vex over carbon, and it looks fabulous - that'll be the next look I try... :)