CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

3.8

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

If you're looking for a self-tanner that will make you look like you just spent 2 weeks in the Caribbean, this isn't the right product for you. I have olive skin that gets quite pale during winter, and this product gives me a slight tint and very subtle glow. I don't look tan after using it; but I certainly look a lot less vampire-ish. Actually, since I tried St Tropez Dark Mousse on my face (what an awful, awful mistake) I'm even more in love with the Liquid Bronze. I guess I'm more comfortable with a gradual, subtle tint, especially on my face. If you want a deeper color, just reapply the next day or every other day until you achieve the right color. Color wise, on me it doesn't look orange. It fades naturally too. As for the smell... It smells awful after 2-3 hours of application. Since I apply it at night, I'm not too bothered. Plus, when I wash my face in the morning the fake-tan smell vanishes completely. As instructed, I apply it with a cotton-pad. The color is milky-white, so don't expect a guide color. Just make sure you spread it as evenly as possible. It doesn't dry too quickly, you'll have just enough time to work it.
Usually I don't repurchase because I love trying new things, but in this case I'm settling for the Liquid Bronze.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

SIGH. I really wanted this product to work. The product ITSELF is fantastic as far as evenness, very VERY light feeling, not greasy in the slightest, no lingering odor (actually there is a faint smell but it is very pretty, no word of a lie,even my husband thought it was nice).

BUT... there is literally NO colour to be had from this! I used it for 2 weeks now, and one time i was like "ok lets just put MORE on in case I'm not applying enough product" annnnnnd ORANGE. There is no middle ground here. SO unfortunate as I love everything else about it, super fast drying, so so lightweight, like unbelievably lightweight, and didnt break me out one iota.

On to try the next product, I hate this guessing game crap! And so does my bank account

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! it's the only self tanner that actually works on my face, my face is usually really pale whilst the rest of my body is quite tanned and i've tried so many self tanners for my face but they just don't work. i was amazed with this product,the first time i used it i put it on before going to bed and when i woke up in the morning i looked as though i'd been on vacation!! but it's also very natural looking, not orange at all.

I love the texture of it, and how easy it is to apply with cotton wool, and it really moisterises and sort of makes your skin look & feel radiant as soon as you apply it.
You can use it alone as a moisteriser or apply your usual moisteriser right over the top immediately after applying!
I've been using a sample size and it has lasted me about 6 months as you really onli need a tiny amount. i've just ran out and i'm going to buy some more tomorrow.
I will use this product FOREVER!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product is great. It doesn't stink, it smooths on evenly, absorbs quickly, and gives a natural glow. The results from this product are very subtle and natural-looking. I apply it with my fingertips and then just wash my hands - I've never had any streaking or orange-palm issues. I apply it once every three days or so for a slight bit of color; you could put it on more often for a darker look. This is the best self-tanner for face I've ever used, just because of how natural and subtle the results are.

on 8/18/2005 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So after reading all the rave reviews on this product, I went out and bought it for myself.
I don't know..I REALLY want to like this product, but it's just a so-so product for me. I have a light oliveish undertone to my skin, and if I keep out of the sun for a while, I get a sallowish color going on. Liquid bronze did quite a good job of brightening up my face after 2 application, but it didn't really give me the effect I wanted and expected. I will use it for another few weeks and update my review. continued >>