CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.1

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

on 8/28/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This pains be to say, as I absolutely LOVED this upon my first few applications, but it breaks out my combination skin. SO sad to say that because this is such a beautifully natural self-tanner. Being fair skinned it's hard to get a natural tan colour, so I was very excited when I saw the amazing glow I had waking up the next day after a night-time application. One thing seemed off, I had a pimple in the middle of my forehead...I shrugged this off as being a hormonal thing, however maybe I was just too blindly in love to admit it! After the third application I had to throw in the towel, as my skin was acting up like crazy. I've been dealing with the reproductions for two weeks now, as my skincare products are purging out all the crappy stuff that clogged my pores.

I should note, I had light acne for years until recently where I found a good regime and have had completely clear skin since. I decided it was time to add a product that I thought I would never be able to use before, however it seems that my skin just can't tolerate it. Granted, I'd rather have clear skin than tanned skin, but it still is a bummer. I really wanted this to work. If you have normal skin, this is a keeper. BEAUTIFUL colour and so natural.

If you have problem skin please don't stray away from trying, as most people with acne prone skin swear it doesn't break them out. I'd recommend getting a sample to see how your skin will react if you are concerned.

on 9/17/2012 9:22:00 PM

This product just didn't work for me. I read all the reviews, and seeing as they were, for the most part, all positive i decided to buy it. What a waste. Im very pale, and this does nothing for me. The first time i used it my skin was a little less ghostly white but i wasn't 'tan' and my face didn't look any darker. I've been using this for months on my face at night after exfoliating, but no color at all shows up. I wish i could return it for the bronzer by clarins that is actually supposed to make you face 'really tan'. Unfortunately i can't and i don't know what to do with it since it doesn't work.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hope I am in the right Clarins category, I am reviewing the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for the Face and Decollete'.

I love this product! I am so pale and even more-so now after using Obagi products that bleach and even-out my skin tone. Though I didn't think it was possible my face is even more pale than before! I love how easy this product is to apply and how goof-proof it is. It does not streak or clump anywhere so I don't have to be super-careful when applying it. It absorbs and dries quickly so I can continue on with my skin routine.

I use it after I wash and apply my Obagi products and before I apply my sunscreen. Within hours it gradually gives me the light color I need without being too stark or fake. It's just a subtle "sun kissed" even color for my fair skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product solely for my face alongside the Delicious self-tanner for my body. It has never once made me break out, nor has it turned me orange. I apply it with my fingers like I would a moisturizer, then vigorously wash my has as it has stained my nails before, and it looks gross! I make sure this is dry then I sleep with it on & rinse it off in the morning. It's never streaked or splotched, and always leaves a brilliant, real-looking bronze behind. It is expensive, but I'd rather look naturally tanned than orange!

on 6/17/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this self tanner because I wanted a nice brown colour to my skin.
This self tanner is NOT brown the way I saw it. This self tanner to me has more of that burned look that you get from the sun, which is still beautiful, look's like naturally slightly burned/tanned skin. However I'm not sure it flatters me that well because I have naturally pink undertones to my skin and this self tanner slightly accentuates them making me appear just a bit more pink/red then I like to look, so I don't think it's for me. This self tanner has a bit of a red/orange-y tint to it which gives it that color. It's not noticeable but I do see it.
It does look very natural, like your own skin. It's not streaky at all no matter how uneven you apply it because it just dissolves into your skin, there's no way of messing up. It comes out white, but I found it very hard to mess up, almost impossible.
Another thing, I found that it is not very long lasting :(
I apply this to my face/neck/chest area and I do wash my face..but when I didn't wash my neck for like 2 days I found that this self tanner just kind of disappeared on it's own..
which is not what it's supposed to do..in my experience anyway. I'v never had a self tanner just disappear on me without me washing it away, not that fast anyway, and when I did wash my face I found a lot of it came off very quickly just after one wash :(

Another plus is you only need a little bit, and you will get a nice, dark color. It does not break me out. It smells really nice, kind of like a light floral/milky smell. No self tanner smell that I noticed.

The packaging is ok..but I would prefer a sqeeze tube of some sort because this product is very watery/thin ..so it comes out very fast.
overall $40 is not worth it in my opinion. I would not purchase it again, but I think it's just my skin tone, if I saw this self tanner on someone else it would look beautiful.
I will stick with my Neostrata self tanner. for $25 that has a green base and brown color.

on 6/14/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect face tanner & I have trialed many of them over the years with this one coming out tops every time. Can't ask for more: it tans up quite nicely (looks natural to me), does not irritate nor sting my sensitive skin and moisturises my dry face all at the same time. I don't really even need to add extra moisturiser during the day (and that's saying something with my very dry skin). The only place I don't apply it is near my eyes, there I apply a Day/Night or Eye cream, always. When I also apply makeup ontop of it, the foundation goes on smoothly with no pilling. :). Has a mild tanning-product scent and a full sized 125ml bottle lasts and lasts. Only need to use a little every few days in Winter, and perhaps once a day in Summer. Product weight is like a lotion, but not too runny, it's easy to apply. It actually saves me on Day moisturiser when I use it. I've used this both day & night after cleansing with no problems. When I use it at night, I wait a while after application to allow it to settle in and then apply a Night cream over the top. No streaking on my skin either but I exfoliate once a week. Not oily or greasy - like I said: perfect! 5/5

on 1/23/2010 8:01:00 AM

I bought this for my face and neck since sadly I cannot tan my face anymore- I got a dark spot (thankfully went away) from the damaging rays of UV tanning... With my being blonde, I prefer some color... the color goes on naturally, with a wonderful tint that you can layer which I like. It does tend to streak a little, especially around my neck area even after scrubbing! And makes my skin a bit oily which is why I only gave it four lippies. It does take some practice to applying, I use cotton pads... but well worth it over damaging your skin! This is SO much better than the spray tanners you get at the drugstore! However it only lasts until I wash my face- so definitely not long lasting. For the price, I spent around 30.00 at Sephora which is worth it to me because it does not take much and a little goes a long way. I would definitely buy this again, even with the few drawbacks.

on 11/28/2009 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first self tanner! Love it because it applies so easy, leaves no traces and makes me look healthy.

on 10/13/2008 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After reading the great reviews for this I decided to go get a sample from the clarins counter at my mall. Thank God I didn't actually buy this stuff! I applied just a tiny bit of it to my face last night and then went to bed. In the morning I woke up, took a shower, and then looked in the mirror expecting to have a natural glowy looking tan; however, it was exactly the opposite! My face looked orange and very unnatural! Thankfully it didn't break me out! Then I would be orange and covered it zits :(

I just got this the other day and I love the color it gave me. I applied twice to my face and I have the perfect glow right now. I don't even have to use my NARS bronzer. I will definetly be buying this again.
Update: I changed the rating because just the other day I was told how my face was looking rather orange. I guess I just didn't notice until it was pointed out. I am returning this today.