Clarins Liquid Bronze

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.2

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This morning I had ran out of my ordinary moisturiser and I had a small sample tube of this lying about so I quickly rubbed it on my face, put my normal foundation on and forgot about it. At the end of the day when my makeup had faded I looked in the mirror and my face was a gorgeous tanned shade, so natural like I've just come off holiday. I'm so impressed and I'm going to buy a full bottle! Took a lippy off for the smell - typical biscuity fake tan smell but I think this is because I applied it with my hands and I could smell it on them all day. I'll use a cotton pad tomorrow!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

It's fine, but it just doesn't make much of a difference with my skin tone. Certainly not a $40 difference, or however expensive it was. The pro is that it is subtle and doesn't have the bad smell of most self-tanners. The con is that I never even notice that I've used it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

If you're looking for a self-tanner that will make you look like you just spent 2 weeks in the Caribbean, this isn't the right product for you. I have olive skin that gets quite pale during winter, and this product gives me a slight tint and very subtle glow. I don't look tan after using it; but I certainly look a lot less vampire-ish. Actually, since I tried St Tropez Dark Mousse on my face (what an awful, awful mistake) I'm even more in love with the Liquid Bronze. I guess I'm more comfortable with a gradual, subtle tint, especially on my face. If you want a deeper color, just reapply the next day or every other day until you achieve the right color. Color wise, on me it doesn't look orange. It fades naturally too. As for the smell... It smells awful after 2-3 hours of application. Since I apply it at night, I'm not too bothered. Plus, when I wash my face in the morning the fake-tan smell vanishes completely. As instructed, I apply it with a cotton-pad. The color is milky-white, so don't expect a guide color. Just make sure you spread it as evenly as possible. It doesn't dry too quickly, you'll have just enough time to work it.
Usually I don't repurchase because I love trying new things, but in this case I'm settling for the Liquid Bronze.

As far as face self-tanners go, this is top-notch. The packaging is quite convenient. The product's consistency is milky.
Importantly: the product does not have or develop the horrible scent that is so frequently associated with self-tanner.
The colour develops very nicely, and incredibly naturally.

Very excited to try. Living in Alaska I just want to look like part of the living without using a tanning bed on my face. It applied nicely, no noticable odor. The next day I noticed some color.... But I got pimples ? Hmm tried it again one week later and ops broke out again. I will have to return this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update February 2015: This is still my absolute favorite facial self tanner many years later. It's fantastic and gentle. In fact, I recently developed rosacea and this is the only product I haven't had to replace because it is so gentle. Love it!***

Yet another one of my HG products for years that I've somehow forgotten to review.

I apply this white, runny self tanner with a cotton round after I get out of the shower and enjoy watching it "develop" over the course of the next hour or two afterwards into a nice, healthy bronze "glow." This does not have a strong smell and does not break me out (I have some pretty picky sensitive skin). The only thing is that I wished the color stayed longer than a day or two, also the price is slightly high for the amount of product you get and I find that it is somewhat less effective toward the bottom of the bottle.

I've been using this on my face and L'Oreal Sublime Glow lotion in medium on my body - I tried the Clarins Gelee Auto-Bronzante Express Self Tanning Gel but it twas just too orange on my poor pasty legs. It's a good match for my skin tone and wallet since the L'Oreal is less than $10 and lasts a long time.

Overall, a great product that I've repurchased many times over the years.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

SIGH. I really wanted this product to work. The product ITSELF is fantastic as far as evenness, very VERY light feeling, not greasy in the slightest, no lingering odor (actually there is a faint smell but it is very pretty, no word of a lie,even my husband thought it was nice).

BUT... there is literally NO colour to be had from this! I used it for 2 weeks now, and one time i was like "ok lets just put MORE on in case I'm not applying enough product" annnnnnd ORANGE. There is no middle ground here. SO unfortunate as I love everything else about it, super fast drying, so so lightweight, like unbelievably lightweight, and didnt break me out one iota.

On to try the next product, I hate this guessing game crap! And so does my bank account

on 1/23/2009 5:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this product !! It provides a very natural looking colour and is buildable. The smell is not at all offensive. I am 1st generation Canadian, but of Italian descent so my skin tone is olive and it gives me a great, natural looking tan. I did not break out at all. I am faithful to this self tanner. Just a reminder, exfoliate before using a self tanner for more even, natural results.

on 12/23/2008 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great self tanners, i always get compliment from this one, no one think that it was fake. i have pale asian/ chinese skin. goes on easily. not a mess, no hassle. just use it with cotton sponge, it last about 2-3 days, if you want darker, just keep on adding it. no parabens also. love love it!

on 11/19/2008 7:27:00 PM

I have been using this Clarins Liquid Bronze for years.
When using it to make it look believable, I put it on my ears, neck and also a little on my hands. It builds a believable color that when used under makeup it holds your make-up all day. I live in Buffalo and by the time February rolls around, most women are beginning to look
so pale, but not me!