CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by hair type : Curly
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

3.5

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

on 6/17/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased this self tanner because I wanted a nice brown colour to my skin.
This self tanner is NOT brown the way I saw it. This self tanner to me has more of that burned look that you get from the sun, which is still beautiful, look's like naturally slightly burned/tanned skin. However I'm not sure it flatters me that well because I have naturally pink undertones to my skin and this self tanner slightly accentuates them making me appear just a bit more pink/red then I like to look, so I don't think it's for me. This self tanner has a bit of a red/orange-y tint to it which gives it that color. It's not noticeable but I do see it.
It does look very natural, like your own skin. It's not streaky at all no matter how uneven you apply it because it just dissolves into your skin, there's no way of messing up. It comes out white, but I found it very hard to mess up, almost impossible.
Another thing, I found that it is not very long lasting :(
I apply this to my face/neck/chest area and I do wash my face..but when I didn't wash my neck for like 2 days I found that this self tanner just kind of disappeared on it's own..
which is not what it's supposed to do..in my experience anyway. I'v never had a self tanner just disappear on me without me washing it away, not that fast anyway, and when I did wash my face I found a lot of it came off very quickly just after one wash :(

Another plus is you only need a little bit, and you will get a nice, dark color. It does not break me out. It smells really nice, kind of like a light floral/milky smell. No self tanner smell that I noticed.

The packaging is ok..but I would prefer a sqeeze tube of some sort because this product is very watery/thin ..so it comes out very fast.
overall $40 is not worth it in my opinion. I would not purchase it again, but I think it's just my skin tone, if I saw this self tanner on someone else it would look beautiful.
I will stick with my Neostrata self tanner. for $25 that has a green base and brown color.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

*LOVE*LOVE*LOVE* this product! OMGoodness! This is my favorite self-tanner for the face! I'm comparing it against Clarins other facial self-tanners--they make the best self tanners period! This stuff is amazing. I put it on last night because I've been a bit sick and I'm pale, red nose, watery eyes, etc. Today I still feel sickly, but I look fabulous! I have a golden glow all over my face, my eyes look nice & bright (against the rest of my skin) and the redness is gone! What really surprised me about this is that my skin is extremely sensitive right now, because of this cold Ohio winter and from me blowing my nose and itching my eyes...but all I put on last night was Clarins Line Smoothing Eye Mask and a thin layer of the Liquid Bronze! It was moisturizing enough for my skin, but not too heavy! I love this stuff! I used a thin layer all over my face & neck. When that dried, I added a tiny bit to my cheekbones, bridge of the nose, temple area & forehead, anywhere the sun usually hits. It's looks more natural this way, like you actually had a bit of sun. This is a product you want to use if you only have about six or seven hours to put it on, sleep and wake up to wash your face and go. It doesn't have "immediate gratification" because there's no tint to it, but it works fast! I'm working off of a sample of it and when I run out, I'm definitely buying a full size!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like the other reviewers mentioned, do not buy this if you want your skin to look darker. However, if you want to look a little less pale and more golden, like you've spent a day in the sun, it's good. It's a bit pricey though, and I don't think the bottle will last long.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this a lot - one application: been in the sun for a day, two applications - been abroad. Streak-free, definitely worth a shot! The only negative is that it sometimes seems to be a bit yellow/orange (1 lippie off for that), but that's mostly when I've applied too much. Oh, yeah - smells great, too!

on 8/13/2005 12:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was extremely dissapointed in this product. Like the girl who posted before me, I purchased the liquid bronze after reading everyone's reviews on here, and after 6 days of applying it day and night, my skin barely looks tanned. I have extremely pale skin to the point where I look ill if I don't wear tanner or bronzer, and I am shocked that I haven't seen more results. Normally I use Neostrata tanner and bronzer 2 in 1, which smells better, costs less (half the price), gives my face sheen from the bronzer, doesn't streak, AND actually works after one application! I would caution everyone before buying the liquid bronze, and if at all possible, get a sample first to see if it will work with your skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a free sample of this at gloss.com, and was very sceptical~But I tried it and I love this stuff! It looks totally natrual, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I would definatly buy this again!