Clarins Liquid Bronze

Filtered by hair type : Other
Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

3.9

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

on 1/3/2013 8:57:00 PM

This is the first self tanning product I've ever used, so I was a bit nervous before purchasing it, but so many people love this, that I decided to give it a try. First of all I found directions for use very confusing. On the box it says "use on clean, dry skin", on the bottle it says "use after your moisturizer" (or maybe the other way round), and on Clarins website they recommend to moisturize before application...Anyway, I used it on the top om my night cream, and then decided that it must've been a misteake as nothing happened for another 4 hours. Next morning I've noticed a very very slight tint on my face. Not yellow, not orange, just a bit warmer skin tone. I washed my face and applied some more of this product and almost immediately my face started to look darker. As I have nothing to compare it with, I can only judge by my first impression, and I have to say, that I will continue to use this product. The color looks very natural after 2 applications, although it looks a bit as if u just been sunbathing, tiny redish I would say, but still nice and I am very fussy when it comes to any artificial beauty improvements. No streaks, very even coverage, my skin just looks healthier. Would recommend.

This is the best self tanner I've found for my face. It gives me a nice glow and evens out my skin tone without being irritating. I usually only use it one or two days in a row because after that it can start to look yellow.

on 2/23/2011 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I really liked this bronzer! when I used it the first time I did not wake up a lot tanner, but when I compared my face to my hand I could see that my face had gone a darker colour. don't use it more than once a day, it will start looking orange when you use too much or use it too frequently.

ok: updated, I was wrong, I looked at myself in better lighting and my face had an orange glow. Too bad, I thought I had found the perfect tanner for my face. (It might work nicer on people who have medium, more than nc20 or something, skin. Give them a summery glow but for my very fair skin it looked wrong.)

on 1/23/2010 8:01:00 AM

I bought this for my face and neck since sadly I cannot tan my face anymore- I got a dark spot (thankfully went away) from the damaging rays of UV tanning... With my being blonde, I prefer some color... the color goes on naturally, with a wonderful tint that you can layer which I like. It does tend to streak a little, especially around my neck area even after scrubbing! And makes my skin a bit oily which is why I only gave it four lippies. It does take some practice to applying, I use cotton pads... but well worth it over damaging your skin! This is SO much better than the spray tanners you get at the drugstore! However it only lasts until I wash my face- so definitely not long lasting. For the price, I spent around 30.00 at Sephora which is worth it to me because it does not take much and a little goes a long way. I would definitely buy this again, even with the few drawbacks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Did next to nothing fo rme in terms of color. Smelled nice, but that was about it. For $30.00 a bottle, it better do more than smell like flowers. This went back to Macy's toot-sweet.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I finally found the perfect self tanner!This is it!It gives my skin an even glow without being streaky or looking carrot-like. I apply it in the mornings whenever I think I need a boost for my face. It gives such a nice glow!I'm totally in love with this. I apply it with my fingers and also love the texture!Great self tanner. I will definitely repurchase again!

on 10/16/2006 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Nice going on, does not cause breakouts, but as far as color goes, not much at all. I tried for 4 days now, twice a day, I did get kind of a "glow" but no real tan to speak of, and I am fairly fair skinned. If it gave more color, it would be near perfect, had no real odor as far as I could detect, and didn't make my break out prone skin worse. Guess I'll be trying something else!!

on 8/24/2005 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent idea, when it comes to improving the usability of a self tanner. The great advantage is the application process. It's a liquid milky formla that you apply with a cotton pad almost like a lotion making the application really easy. It's fast, no staining on hands, dries immediately, (you can apply moisturizer and make up almost instantly), and it gives a streakfree result. This is really self tanning for dummies, (such as myself who have been found weeping after many a hideous self tanning attempts). But there are downsides... Like I said this is really the idea or even the ideal idea of how a self tanner should work, but the end result leaves some things to be desired. The color is very subtle and unless you are very pale I doubt you will be satisfied with it's tanning effect. (I haven't however tried the bottle shaking suggested earlier here among the reviews, will do though...). It does build up if you apply it several times waiting a few minutes in between, but I doubt it will ever give a tan comparable to a day spent in the sun. And having to apply the product over and over again to get a desired result, sort of dampens the impression of this otherwise neat and simple application process.
However, if evening out your skintone and adding a subtle veil of non orange color is what you are looking for, this is a good choice. The size of the bottle is also pleasingly large, and the smell is bearable, even though after about an hour when the product is starting to react with the skin, the well recognized smell among self tanning aficionados, the one that reminds me of fried bacon does show it's ugly face even though it's a touch less noticable compared to many other brands. But Clarins; keep moving in this direction just add a little more color and the liquid bronze may very well reach the hall of fame of self tanners.

on 8/23/2005 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best self tanner ever used. I can compare to La Prairie, and a bunch of others. Cheap (17 euro's in Belgium) and effective. Streekles and hasn't the annoying drying time or smell like the most self tanners. Perfection! (Sorry for bad English, but i do normally speak Dutch and French- Belgium)
EDIT: More orange then i thought!

on 6/21/2005 10:20:00 AM

I never thought I'd love a facial self tanner but that was before I met Clarins Liquid Bronze. It looks *so* realistic, plus it's buildable and sheer so you can get really dark in two days or just use it once in a while for a little glow. This is like Jergens Natural Glow but formulated for the face and with less scent (it's still there, but it doesn't smell as much like old socks).
Bonus: The Clarins counters are really liberal with the samples. Try it out if you need some color, and then when you do buy it, it's $28 for 4.2 ounces which will last you a year. continued >>