CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

3.8

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

This is my favourite facial fake tan! I've been using it for years as it's the only one i've found that doesn't break me out, isn't too dark, orange, yellow, patchy, muddy, streaky etc.

I'm 34 and I have very fair sensitive, acne-prone, highly allergic skin but I have no problem with this product. To prep I exfoliate with a cream cleanser and a konjac sponge, rinse with water and pat dry. I wipe the tanner onto bare skin with a cotton pad going over several times to spread it out evenly, then wipe over my eyebrows, hairline and around my eyes with a dry pad. If I want a darker colour I wait for it to dry then go over it again if I'm feeling impatient, or for a better result repeat the next day.

It does smell quite strong but I've never found a fake tanner that doesn't smell weird and I've tried a lot of them. I just apply it at night and wash off thoroughly the next morning. I do find it develops more the next day even after washing it off.

It's not the cheapest fake tanner but for me it's the best and I like the straightforward packaging.

on 8/1/2012 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

When I started to use this self tan product I was impressed. It left my face a beautiful bronze colour and covered up any existing imperfections, meaning I could wear less makeup.

However, these initial positive effects were hugely outweighed when I started to develop a few huge, sore, red, shiny spots - the likes of which I have never experienced before (and my skin is by no means perfect). Not only were they unnaturally severe compared to what I am used to, but they also developed on areas of my skin that I have never had any problems with before. After a month I guessed the culprit of my new skin nightmares, and stopped using Clarins Liquid Bronze. Never again have those vile red lumps resurfaced. Although I am still trying to get rid of a little red scar which remains to remind me of the horrible product that caused me so much trouble.

'Do not buy me'.

I don't get it, are you all being paid?? I bought this cause of the reviews on here and it's awful. I am very pale, but not shockingly so. I put this on once it doesn't show up, twice and I look orange. I'm normally very level headed about reviews, but honestly its terrible. I've tried again and again convinced I'm doing something wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. It's uneven as well... st tropez is better, still not amazing though. Don't buy it, please!

This is the best self tanner I've found for my face. It gives me a nice glow and evens out my skin tone without being irritating. I usually only use it one or two days in a row because after that it can start to look yellow.

on 9/25/2008 9:43:00 AM

I just started using this product so maybe I haven't given it enought time but it doesn't seem to have a deep bronzing effect. I'm applying it once a day though. It smells nice and light. I will try using more than once a day in hopes for darker results. However, I would repurchase again since it leaves a nice glow and has a nice light texture.

on 4/28/2008 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a great product. Just received it a few days ago and have used it every morning since. Gives me a natural glow and basically replaces my bronzer (I still use a little on my cheeks, forehead and chin). This is actually the first sunless face tanner I've used that doesn't wash off at night with my makeup. I can see that my face is still a tad darker the next morning!

The Liquid Bronze has a light, milky consistency that makes it easy to blend but dries very quickly. I apply it right after washing my face, wait about 30 seconds and then apply my tinted moisturizer. Yes, this is pretty pricey but for a gorgeous complexion I'm willing to shell out the $$$. This bottle will last for months.

on 7/25/2007 12:28:00 PM

it lasts forever...its not creamy...its like putting a toner on...i dont use a pad i just wipe it on my face and it loosk amazing.....non greasy.....long lasting....and a fantastic tan!

on 10/16/2006 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Nice going on, does not cause breakouts, but as far as color goes, not much at all. I tried for 4 days now, twice a day, I did get kind of a "glow" but no real tan to speak of, and I am fairly fair skinned. If it gave more color, it would be near perfect, had no real odor as far as I could detect, and didn't make my break out prone skin worse. Guess I'll be trying something else!!

on 6/16/2006 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was about to give up on the hopes that I could find a self tanner for face that: Didn't make me break out; didn't smell terrible, was easy to use and provided an even natural color. Application is very easy; and a little product goes a long way. Plus this fits within my regular route without any added hassles vs. other self tanners - so I am able to easily maintain my color. My husband always notices when I use a tanner...he didn't even notice this one! It has that lovely clarins scent. I didn't expect much from this product; but have been pleasantly suprised. To apply, I tried the cotton ball option; worked but find it was much more effective to use my finger tips; didn't waste any product. I use this daily under makeup and have a summer glow. I have a medium complection; and this gives me plenty of color. I would say that I don't look like I have a deep dark tan; so if that is your goal this may not be the best option for you. My skin is healthy, without any blemishes; which is much better than BEFORE I tried the product! Better yet, a friend commented on how wonderful I looked! The price is a little high; but I feel it met all my criteria - and beat my expectations so that makes it worthwhile. I am hooked on this product and plan to keep this as my new daily mosturizer for good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like the other reviewers mentioned, do not buy this if you want your skin to look darker. However, if you want to look a little less pale and more golden, like you've spent a day in the sun, it's good. It's a bit pricey though, and I don't think the bottle will last long.