Clarins Liquid Bronze

Filtered by skin type : Other
Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.2

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

It's fine, but it just doesn't make much of a difference with my skin tone. Certainly not a $40 difference, or however expensive it was. The pro is that it is subtle and doesn't have the bad smell of most self-tanners. The con is that I never even notice that I've used it.

on 4/22/2013 6:45:00 AM

Was in two minds about this (hence the 3 star rating). I use the Clarins self-tanning milk and really like it as its so natural (tho smells a bit). I thought this might work better for my face. I am as pale as a ghost. Whilst you could argue this is very natural, its also gives barely any color, i can put it on and still be as pale as a ghost :S ... However, instead of throwing my money down the drain, I used it by putting on with my hands reasonably generously without moisturiser underneath and found it turned out quite well. Gives a nice glow without looking like you have been tangoed.

on 10/16/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product every night for a week. For the first application i applied in the afternoon, then didn't take it off until morning the next day (at least 18 hours). At first i was so disappointed, and was ready to return it, thinking it was a waste of money and time. Basically no colour had come up at all, and this is not marketed as a gradual tanner!!

However, in about another 5 hours some colour developed out of nowhere. Nothing dark, just a golden colour.

I have continued to use it every night since, and the golden colour has remained, without becoming orange, or unnaturally dark.
I personally think it probably gets you to what your natural ability to tan would bring up in your skin - I've come to this conclusion because I once spent 2 months in the tropics on holiday, in the sun everyday (btw tanning naturally is almost impossible for me) and all I ever developed was a light golden colour. Clarins Liquid Bronze is a bit more coloured than that :)

Possibly would go orange on others who are able to tan easier ?

I would buy again, it's a little bit greasy, but a lot better than other facial tanners I've tried, and my skin hasn't had any reaction :)

Don't bother with it if you want an intense tan. There are plenty of other products on the market that will achieve that for you. This is just for slight colour.

HG status. I am a pale/medium complected with a fair amount of redness and a pink birthmark between my brows. I apply this with my fingers to face, neck and chest. It is easy to apply evenly due to the watery texture and creates a nice bronzey glow, it's more of a gradual self tanner, no super brown pop but i can definitely see the difference. I ise 2-3x a week in the summer. Perfection.

Being a pale male I wanted something natural as I could get. I have used self tanning lotion for over 10 years now so know how to apply well to achieve an even application. I heard so many good reviews from many sites about clarins liquid bronze for face and decollete so I ordered some.
First time I used, I exfoliate applying before bed time waiting a hour or so before getting into bed.. waking up the next morning looking pretty bronze but also quite a bit orange! I have now realized to mix with moisturizer I get the best results making it look a lot less fake, as the formula is darker than i expected.
Personally I think it is good stuff but not as good as some people rave about it being the perfect tan but a lot depends on your skin tone to begin with. So i suggest if you are pale want more control over the product mix harf with moisturizer and figure how much you need to apply over your hole face to get a good result. I still don't need much even mixed with moisturizer and the bonus is you don't use it up to quickly while also giving yourface some extra moisturizer.

on 11/12/2009 8:35:00 PM

I have used this product since its inception in 2005, and have repurchased many, many times since. This is one of the few products I will always repurchase and stay faithful- not in the slightest bit tempted to stray!

The reason? I'm quite pale, and this does not impart a scary, obvious colour- in fact, for me, it lifts the whiteness and gives me a glow, but you would never know I had a tanner on. Thats in the Winter.

In the Summer, it complements whatever bit of sun you've got, and brings up any colour even more- again, without looking fake or obvious, just sunkissed. So it truly is a year round product.

If I haven't used this in a while, I feel pale and pasty, but feel right as rain once I re-apply! Exfoliation is key, and a good moisturiser- allow it to sink in first, of course. The packaging advises using your finger or a cotton pad, the cotton pad is best for fool proof application.

This is one product I hope I never have to be without.

on 9/4/2007 4:44:00 AM

This is an extremely gentle self-tanner. It doesn't have an overpowering smell, which is a huge plus. It's effective in that you can still the results within hours of first application, but subtle enough that no one can honestly tell whether you've gone out and gotten a tan - all they see is a healthy, natural looking sun-kissed glow!! This product is definitely worth every penny! Try it!

on 6/25/2007 8:11:00 PM

Wow, finally a self-tanner that doesn't have a horrible smell - although it does have a smell. I think self-tanners have to have some smell - if anyone can find one that doesn't, would love to hear about it. Liquid Bronze tans very well, and it leaves my skin moisturized. I found it here, and tried it after reading the reviews. Thanks, everybody!

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! Simply the best face tanner out there in my opinion. I also use Clarins Pure Radiance Gel for the face every day, which I really like, but it doesn't provide much color, as it is meant to be a moisturizer too. I can use Liquid Bronze 3 times a week along with the Pure Radiance, and it keeps me with a glowing tan. LOVE IT!!!

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! it's the only self tanner that actually works on my face, my face is usually really pale whilst the rest of my body is quite tanned and i've tried so many self tanners for my face but they just don't work. i was amazed with this product,the first time i used it i put it on before going to bed and when i woke up in the morning i looked as though i'd been on vacation!! but it's also very natural looking, not orange at all.

I love the texture of it, and how easy it is to apply with cotton wool, and it really moisterises and sort of makes your skin look & feel radiant as soon as you apply it.
You can use it alone as a moisteriser or apply your usual moisteriser right over the top immediately after applying!
I've been using a sample size and it has lasted me about 6 months as you really onli need a tiny amount. i've just ran out and i'm going to buy some more tomorrow.
I will use this product FOREVER!!!