Clarins Liquid Bronze

Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.1

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

This is my favourite facial fake tan! I've been using it for years as it's the only one i've found that doesn't break me out, isn't too dark, orange, yellow, patchy, muddy, streaky etc.

I'm 34 and I have very fair sensitive, acne-prone, highly allergic skin but I have no problem with this product. To prep I exfoliate with a cream cleanser and a konjac sponge, rinse with water and pat dry. I wipe the tanner onto bare skin with a cotton pad going over several times to spread it out evenly, then wipe over my eyebrows, hairline and around my eyes with a dry pad. If I want a darker colour I wait for it to dry then go over it again if I'm feeling impatient, or for a better result repeat the next day.

It does smell quite strong but I've never found a fake tanner that doesn't smell weird and I've tried a lot of them. I just apply it at night and wash off thoroughly the next morning. I do find it develops more the next day even after washing it off.

It's not the cheapest fake tanner but for me it's the best and I like the straightforward packaging.

As far as face self-tanners go, this is top-notch. The packaging is quite convenient. The product's consistency is milky.
Importantly: the product does not have or develop the horrible scent that is so frequently associated with self-tanner.
The colour develops very nicely, and incredibly naturally.

I bought this, in part because "InStyle" magazine chose this as the best facial self-tanner for 2013. I have to say application is easy. Put some on a cotton ball, swab it evenly around your face, and wait. The color that develops is a believable bronze. A keeper.

on 9/28/2012 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HG material!
BUT, it only works on me when I am already slightly tanned! I use it everytime after a beach vacation to give my tan an extra kick. It gives a super natural color not only on the face.Because it is very liquid, no problems with streaks.

HG status. I am a pale/medium complected with a fair amount of redness and a pink birthmark between my brows. I apply this with my fingers to face, neck and chest. It is easy to apply evenly due to the watery texture and creates a nice bronzey glow, it's more of a gradual self tanner, no super brown pop but i can definitely see the difference. I ise 2-3x a week in the summer. Perfection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update February 2015: This is still my absolute favorite facial self tanner many years later. It's fantastic and gentle. In fact, I recently developed rosacea and this is the only product I haven't had to replace because it is so gentle. Love it!***

Yet another one of my HG products for years that I've somehow forgotten to review.

I apply this white, runny self tanner with a cotton round after I get out of the shower and enjoy watching it "develop" over the course of the next hour or two afterwards into a nice, healthy bronze "glow." This does not have a strong smell and does not break me out (I have some pretty picky sensitive skin). The only thing is that I wished the color stayed longer than a day or two, also the price is slightly high for the amount of product you get and I find that it is somewhat less effective toward the bottom of the bottle.

I've been using this on my face and L'Oreal Sublime Glow lotion in medium on my body - I tried the Clarins Gelee Auto-Bronzante Express Self Tanning Gel but it twas just too orange on my poor pasty legs. It's a good match for my skin tone and wallet since the L'Oreal is less than $10 and lasts a long time.

Overall, a great product that I've repurchased many times over the years.

This is the best self tanner I've found for my face. It gives me a nice glow and evens out my skin tone without being irritating. I usually only use it one or two days in a row because after that it can start to look yellow.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hope I am in the right Clarins category, I am reviewing the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for the Face and Decollete'.

I love this product! I am so pale and even more-so now after using Obagi products that bleach and even-out my skin tone. Though I didn't think it was possible my face is even more pale than before! I love how easy this product is to apply and how goof-proof it is. It does not streak or clump anywhere so I don't have to be super-careful when applying it. It absorbs and dries quickly so I can continue on with my skin routine.

I use it after I wash and apply my Obagi products and before I apply my sunscreen. Within hours it gradually gives me the light color I need without being too stark or fake. It's just a subtle "sun kissed" even color for my fair skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product solely for my face alongside the Delicious self-tanner for my body. It has never once made me break out, nor has it turned me orange. I apply it with my fingers like I would a moisturizer, then vigorously wash my has as it has stained my nails before, and it looks gross! I make sure this is dry then I sleep with it on & rinse it off in the morning. It's never streaked or splotched, and always leaves a brilliant, real-looking bronze behind. It is expensive, but I'd rather look naturally tanned than orange!

on 6/14/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect face tanner & I have trialed many of them over the years with this one coming out tops every time. Can't ask for more: it tans up quite nicely (looks natural to me), does not irritate nor sting my sensitive skin and moisturises my dry face all at the same time. I don't really even need to add extra moisturiser during the day (and that's saying something with my very dry skin). The only place I don't apply it is near my eyes, there I apply a Day/Night or Eye cream, always. When I also apply makeup ontop of it, the foundation goes on smoothly with no pilling. :). Has a mild tanning-product scent and a full sized 125ml bottle lasts and lasts. Only need to use a little every few days in Winter, and perhaps once a day in Summer. Product weight is like a lotion, but not too runny, it's easy to apply. It actually saves me on Day moisturiser when I use it. I've used this both day & night after cleansing with no problems. When I use it at night, I wait a while after application to allow it to settle in and then apply a Night cream over the top. No streaking on my skin either but I exfoliate once a week. Not oily or greasy - like I said: perfect! 5/5