CLARINS Liquid Bronze

CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.1

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

Let me start off by explaining my self tanning ritual. First thing i do is bathe really well the night before. I whip out my loofah and as many exfoliating products i can find and proceed to scrub away until my skin is back to its pale, pale white-ness (new word) and quite red from the harsh scrubbing. I would then go to bed to awake at 6:30am the next morning to set up "camp" in my living room (a bath towel, a heater, moisturising cream, coppertone ST and Olay revivor skin - or whatever it is called) Okay, i'm sure you're thinking - heater? what the heck? Well first off, its cold at 6:30am in the morning at my house and second, i heat up my ST before applying it to my skin. Soo anyway, i'd Self tan my body - let myself dry for about an hour (the heater helps speed that up) and then dress. By then, my tan had already halfway developed. I don't know if its the heater or if its just Coppertone but i always liked how i could be tan so quick! :) Unfortunately when i would dress, i'd always have to wear a button up blouse or something black because the bronzer would get over EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! Even if i was super careful. Throughout my working day i would see the scales on my hands appear dark (i always moisturized the heck out of my hands - particularly the fingers) and my neck would get all streaky and funky looking. I knew this was only temporary because it would always clean up after a shower, but i hated going through the working day looking like some kind of smelly, bronzed girl in the middle of winter!! I know you're probably all thinking "why the heck didn't you just do it before bed?" well, my husband hates self tanner all over the bed sheets, and also, ST doesn't taste good if your husband is giving you a kiss!! :):) Okay to cut a long story short - I was on MUA browsing the ST section because i got sick of this. I had one bad neck episode and i was surprised no one at work had asked what kind of disease i had. I stumbled across Clairns Self Tanner and thought .. why not? i'd considered it before but never got around to it. So that night I drove out to the store and to get a bottle. Unfortunately it only came in a pack ($57!!!) but i was determined,so i got it anyway. I got a cute orange smelling face exfoliant and a bottle of the self tanning gel so it wasn't like a complete waste even though i wasn't planning on $57 lol. I got home and did my usual ritual (bath before bed) and up again at 6:30am to lather up on ST. First thing i noticed with this, was the smell.. it wasn't great, but not foul either. Hmm, i can live with this! I lathered it up and rubbed it in good and was pleased to discover it dried within 10mins.. sweet!! I proceeded to dress (i even threw on a sweater .. NOT button up shirt!) and went to work. Throughout the day i could smell the lingering DHA smell, but nothing too offensive that anyone else (i assume) could detect. A quick look at my arm and i was pleased to see a nice golden color. When i got home i took off my shirt and inspected the results.. NO STREAKS!! Wow. And even better??? Hardly ANY residue on my clothes.. AWESOME!! I was grinning ear to ear on that fact alone! The colour wasn't too light and it wasn't too dark for the winter either. You could tell i was tan but not so tan that i was fake looking. My face.. wow.. my face just glowed with this product. Normally my face never tanned well (i would look like i scrubbed dirt on my skin) but i just glowed. I could probably have worn a little blush and no makeup!! (that is a big no no in my book normally for me!) This is just an awesome product. Left my skin so smooth too. I jumped in the shower that night and lightly exflotiated and moisturized my skin and this morning (the second day) i swear i think the tan has developed even more and i havn't even applied more ST. I love this product! I recomment it to everyone!! My HG search is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws confetti and congratulates anyone who made it through my long spiel*

on 5/9/2005 3:43:00 PM

*Liquid Bronze* is THE BEST facial tanner EVER! I love it! So happy I bought this because it's going to be such a staple for me.

Clarins describes Liquid Bronze: "As refreshing as water and gentle as a milk, this scientifically advanced formula sweeps onto skin like a whisper with either a cotton pad or fingertips for an amazingly, natural-looking tan every time. Color shows smoothly and quickly and never turns streaky, so skin looks remarkably radiant for days."

...How do I love thee?...Let me count the ways...

1) Most gorgeous, streak-free, glowy bronze color, EVER! It's a totally natural glow on my PPP skin with just one application, it looks like I've been in the sun all day. It's buildable so you can get darker. So subtle and natural, yet bronzey and glowy.

2) The smell is amazing! It's a light floral that reminds me of a faint perfume rather than a disgusting self-tanner. I have never smelled a self-tanner that smells so good - not chemically at all. If this is the future of self-tanners, I'm happy.

3) You can apply it with a cotton pad! Just squeeze it onto the pad and run it over your skin. Perfect color! I did this last night and I barely paid attention to the application – but there is no streaking or uneven color – just a gorgeous bronze glow. You can also apply it with your bare fingers, too.

4) It really does last for days unlike most self-tanners that fade within a day or two, this seems to last at least 5 days.

5) I can apply moisturizer and makeup immediately after this! No more waiting around for the tan to develop. And because the fragrance is beautiful, I can use this in the morning and not have to worry about stinking like self-tanner.

6) It's not greasy or gross! It feels so lightweight, like I’ve applied a light moisturizer. No more greasy, stinky mess.

7) It's buildable, so you can get darker the more you use it.

8) Beautiful bottle – and a bargain at $28 for 4.2oz.

9) Gentle and natural ingredients. [Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.]

Like I said, I love it! And I will probably think of more and more reasons why I love it, as I keep using it! Best. Stuff. Ever!!! continued >>

on 7/10/2007 9:37:00 AM

One word - Amazing!! Run, run, run to your local Clarins counter and buy this immediately. If you have been searching for the perfect self-tanner for your face, your search has ended. This is it! I am normally pale - a C3 in MAC. This self-tanner gives me the perfect golden color...I truly glow. It's fool-proof to apply...simply put on a cotton round and blend all over face and neck. It hydrates and does not break out my already acne-prone skin. Why are you still reading this??? Run.....

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

If you're looking for a self-tanner that will make you look like you just spent 2 weeks in the Caribbean, this isn't the right product for you. I have olive skin that gets quite pale during winter, and this product gives me a slight tint and very subtle glow. I don't look tan after using it; but I certainly look a lot less vampire-ish. Actually, since I tried St Tropez Dark Mousse on my face (what an awful, awful mistake) I'm even more in love with the Liquid Bronze. I guess I'm more comfortable with a gradual, subtle tint, especially on my face. If you want a deeper color, just reapply the next day or every other day until you achieve the right color. Color wise, on me it doesn't look orange. It fades naturally too. As for the smell... It smells awful after 2-3 hours of application. Since I apply it at night, I'm not too bothered. Plus, when I wash my face in the morning the fake-tan smell vanishes completely. As instructed, I apply it with a cotton-pad. The color is milky-white, so don't expect a guide color. Just make sure you spread it as evenly as possible. It doesn't dry too quickly, you'll have just enough time to work it.
Usually I don't repurchase because I love trying new things, but in this case I'm settling for the Liquid Bronze.

on 8/28/2013 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This pains be to say, as I absolutely LOVED this upon my first few applications, but it breaks out my combination skin. SO sad to say that because this is such a beautifully natural self-tanner. Being fair skinned it's hard to get a natural tan colour, so I was very excited when I saw the amazing glow I had waking up the next day after a night-time application. One thing seemed off, I had a pimple in the middle of my forehead...I shrugged this off as being a hormonal thing, however maybe I was just too blindly in love to admit it! After the third application I had to throw in the towel, as my skin was acting up like crazy. I've been dealing with the reproductions for two weeks now, as my skincare products are purging out all the crappy stuff that clogged my pores.

I should note, I had light acne for years until recently where I found a good regime and have had completely clear skin since. I decided it was time to add a product that I thought I would never be able to use before, however it seems that my skin just can't tolerate it. Granted, I'd rather have clear skin than tanned skin, but it still is a bummer. I really wanted this to work. If you have normal skin, this is a keeper. BEAUTIFUL colour and so natural.

If you have problem skin please don't stray away from trying, as most people with acne prone skin swear it doesn't break them out. I'd recommend getting a sample to see how your skin will react if you are concerned.

I bought this, in part because "InStyle" magazine chose this as the best facial self-tanner for 2013. I have to say application is easy. Put some on a cotton ball, swab it evenly around your face, and wait. The color that develops is a believable bronze. A keeper.

on 6/16/2014 1:38:00 AM

Beautiful subtle glow that does take 2-3 days of applications. My only complaint is I wish it would build to be darker if needed. However I must praise Clarins because this did not bother or break out my incredibly sensitive skin! I recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hope I am in the right Clarins category, I am reviewing the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for the Face and Decollete'.

I love this product! I am so pale and even more-so now after using Obagi products that bleach and even-out my skin tone. Though I didn't think it was possible my face is even more pale than before! I love how easy this product is to apply and how goof-proof it is. It does not streak or clump anywhere so I don't have to be super-careful when applying it. It absorbs and dries quickly so I can continue on with my skin routine.

I use it after I wash and apply my Obagi products and before I apply my sunscreen. Within hours it gradually gives me the light color I need without being too stark or fake. It's just a subtle "sun kissed" even color for my fair skin.

on 6/14/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect face tanner & I have trialed many of them over the years with this one coming out tops every time. Can't ask for more: it tans up quite nicely (looks natural to me), does not irritate nor sting my sensitive skin and moisturises my dry face all at the same time. I don't really even need to add extra moisturiser during the day (and that's saying something with my very dry skin). The only place I don't apply it is near my eyes, there I apply a Day/Night or Eye cream, always. When I also apply makeup ontop of it, the foundation goes on smoothly with no pilling. :). Has a mild tanning-product scent and a full sized 125ml bottle lasts and lasts. Only need to use a little every few days in Winter, and perhaps once a day in Summer. Product weight is like a lotion, but not too runny, it's easy to apply. It actually saves me on Day moisturiser when I use it. I've used this both day & night after cleansing with no problems. When I use it at night, I wait a while after application to allow it to settle in and then apply a Night cream over the top. No streaking on my skin either but I exfoliate once a week. Not oily or greasy - like I said: perfect! 5/5

on 12/23/2008 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great self tanners, i always get compliment from this one, no one think that it was fake. i have pale asian/ chinese skin. goes on easily. not a mess, no hassle. just use it with cotton sponge, it last about 2-3 days, if you want darker, just keep on adding it. no parabens also. love love it!