CLARINS Liquid Bronze

Filtered by age: 30-35
CLARINS Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.3

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

This is my favourite facial fake tan! I've been using it for years as it's the only one i've found that doesn't break me out, isn't too dark, orange, yellow, patchy, muddy, streaky etc.

I'm 34 and I have very fair sensitive, acne-prone, highly allergic skin but I have no problem with this product. To prep I exfoliate with a cream cleanser and a konjac sponge, rinse with water and pat dry. I wipe the tanner onto bare skin with a cotton pad going over several times to spread it out evenly, then wipe over my eyebrows, hairline and around my eyes with a dry pad. If I want a darker colour I wait for it to dry then go over it again if I'm feeling impatient, or for a better result repeat the next day.

It does smell quite strong but I've never found a fake tanner that doesn't smell weird and I've tried a lot of them. I just apply it at night and wash off thoroughly the next morning. I do find it develops more the next day even after washing it off.

It's not the cheapest fake tanner but for me it's the best and I like the straightforward packaging.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

It's fine, but it just doesn't make much of a difference with my skin tone. Certainly not a $40 difference, or however expensive it was. The pro is that it is subtle and doesn't have the bad smell of most self-tanners. The con is that I never even notice that I've used it.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! Hardly any colour after 4 days of use! every morning when i cleanse my face I'm back to pale me!!! Not worth the money!! Although smell is not bad but not the best...

on 1/3/2013 8:57:00 PM

This is the first self tanning product I've ever used, so I was a bit nervous before purchasing it, but so many people love this, that I decided to give it a try. First of all I found directions for use very confusing. On the box it says "use on clean, dry skin", on the bottle it says "use after your moisturizer" (or maybe the other way round), and on Clarins website they recommend to moisturize before application...Anyway, I used it on the top om my night cream, and then decided that it must've been a misteake as nothing happened for another 4 hours. Next morning I've noticed a very very slight tint on my face. Not yellow, not orange, just a bit warmer skin tone. I washed my face and applied some more of this product and almost immediately my face started to look darker. As I have nothing to compare it with, I can only judge by my first impression, and I have to say, that I will continue to use this product. The color looks very natural after 2 applications, although it looks a bit as if u just been sunbathing, tiny redish I would say, but still nice and I am very fussy when it comes to any artificial beauty improvements. No streaks, very even coverage, my skin just looks healthier. Would recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update February 2015: This is still my absolute favorite facial self tanner many years later. It's fantastic and gentle. In fact, I recently developed rosacea and this is the only product I haven't had to replace because it is so gentle. Love it!***

Yet another one of my HG products for years that I've somehow forgotten to review.

I apply this white, runny self tanner with a cotton round after I get out of the shower and enjoy watching it "develop" over the course of the next hour or two afterwards into a nice, healthy bronze "glow." This does not have a strong smell and does not break me out (I have some pretty picky sensitive skin). The only thing is that I wished the color stayed longer than a day or two, also the price is slightly high for the amount of product you get and I find that it is somewhat less effective toward the bottom of the bottle.

I've been using this on my face and L'Oreal Sublime Glow lotion in medium on my body - I tried the Clarins Gelee Auto-Bronzante Express Self Tanning Gel but it twas just too orange on my poor pasty legs. It's a good match for my skin tone and wallet since the L'Oreal is less than $10 and lasts a long time.

Overall, a great product that I've repurchased many times over the years.

Hate this bronzer. I tried to replace my Kanebo, but this was a huge failure.
I had to use it several times to see a result - very orange with streaks.
I am very disappointed. But I tried to use it on my legs and it seems to be o.k. for the legs.
Will try the Chanel self-tanner. Definitely not buying it again.

on 6/11/2010 6:49:00 AM

Excellent product. Really natural colour, could almost be a little darker. I put it on at night, its very moisturising and you have a great colour in the morning.

on 12/23/2008 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great self tanners, i always get compliment from this one, no one think that it was fake. i have pale asian/ chinese skin. goes on easily. not a mess, no hassle. just use it with cotton sponge, it last about 2-3 days, if you want darker, just keep on adding it. no parabens also. love love it!

I just recently purchased my third bottle of this product; I’ve been using it every day or every other day for about two years. Given that I keep repurchasing it, clearly I do like this product, but my only gripe is that I don’t really so much look “tanned”—just much less pale than I ordinarily do—so I do wish that it provided more color. I have been reading the Clarins Crème Delicieuse reviews here, and so I plan to try that product soon to see if it will give me more color (although I must say that I’m a teensy bit hesitant to try it given my absolutely disasterous experience with Clarins Intense Bronze Self-Tanning Tint, but what the heck, it’s worth a shot, right??) I have used this before on my “décolleté”/chest area (as the product indicates it is formulated to be used on), but that’s where I really notice that I need more color, so I use a different product, Xen-Tan, on my chest area, and this on my face and neck only. I don’t see an orange tinge with this product or anything—again, it more just makes me look less ghostly than anything. And I do have a fairly oily T-zone, but I don’t have any problem with this product making me oilier. I do wish that this product did have an added SPF. All of that said, this is my go-to product for face until I can find something that gives me more color….

This is my most favorite self tanner - it's not perfect but for me the best in the bunch.
PRO's:
- first and most important: NO self tanner smell! normaly i can't use self tanners at all cause i can't stand the smell, but this one even smells nice
- doesn't streak
- doesn't turn orange or obviously self-tanner-ish :)
- i like the application with the cotton pad, that way you don't mess up your hands and nails

CON's
- in fact there only one: a bit too light for me, if i really want it to show as a visible tan, i have to use it a few days in a row. applied once, it gives me that fresh kinda-glow

have already repurchased a few times