Clarins Liquid Bronze

Filtered by age: 25-29
Clarins Liquid Bronze
Liquid Bronze

4.4

4.2 oz: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, C14-22 Alcohols, Erythrulose, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Squalene, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, BHT, Sodium Benzoate.

As far as face self-tanners go, this is top-notch. The packaging is quite convenient. The product's consistency is milky.
Importantly: the product does not have or develop the horrible scent that is so frequently associated with self-tanner.
The colour develops very nicely, and incredibly naturally.

on 10/16/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product every night for a week. For the first application i applied in the afternoon, then didn't take it off until morning the next day (at least 18 hours). At first i was so disappointed, and was ready to return it, thinking it was a waste of money and time. Basically no colour had come up at all, and this is not marketed as a gradual tanner!!

However, in about another 5 hours some colour developed out of nowhere. Nothing dark, just a golden colour.

I have continued to use it every night since, and the golden colour has remained, without becoming orange, or unnaturally dark.
I personally think it probably gets you to what your natural ability to tan would bring up in your skin - I've come to this conclusion because I once spent 2 months in the tropics on holiday, in the sun everyday (btw tanning naturally is almost impossible for me) and all I ever developed was a light golden colour. Clarins Liquid Bronze is a bit more coloured than that :)

Possibly would go orange on others who are able to tan easier ?

I would buy again, it's a little bit greasy, but a lot better than other facial tanners I've tried, and my skin hasn't had any reaction :)

Don't bother with it if you want an intense tan. There are plenty of other products on the market that will achieve that for you. This is just for slight colour.

HG status. I am a pale/medium complected with a fair amount of redness and a pink birthmark between my brows. I apply this with my fingers to face, neck and chest. It is easy to apply evenly due to the watery texture and creates a nice bronzey glow, it's more of a gradual self tanner, no super brown pop but i can definitely see the difference. I ise 2-3x a week in the summer. Perfection.

on 6/1/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

SMELL: Light, one of the lightest scented tanner products out there. Pleasantly surprised. ...
FEEL: Light milky liquid lotion. A little goes a long way. Glides on. Stays moist and dewy through the day. Can be greasy if too much applied (Can blot with tissue). ...
COLOR: Sheer difference after first use. Noticeable glow after the second or third day. More matte tan after day 4. A little tad more orange than my olive-toned tan on the rest of my body... but a lovely color on me. (Jergens works faster though)
USE:.. I received a sample from Sephora, and tried it on my face for a week. The sales lady told me NOT to exfoliate, however I have dry patches that developed more color. It was easy to correct by putting more on the lighter spots, as the tanner is so gradual. It also lasted about 2 days after I stopped using it. I could use it every second day after I achieved the color I wanted.
CONS: A benefit was that the tanner brought more circulation to my face for a rosy glow on my cheeks. The con was it irritated my skin after day 3 or 4.
** I might buy this again, but I'm currently trying Perricone's No Sun Tanner first.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

SIGH. I really wanted this product to work. The product ITSELF is fantastic as far as evenness, very VERY light feeling, not greasy in the slightest, no lingering odor (actually there is a faint smell but it is very pretty, no word of a lie,even my husband thought it was nice).

BUT... there is literally NO colour to be had from this! I used it for 2 weeks now, and one time i was like "ok lets just put MORE on in case I'm not applying enough product" annnnnnd ORANGE. There is no middle ground here. SO unfortunate as I love everything else about it, super fast drying, so so lightweight, like unbelievably lightweight, and didnt break me out one iota.

On to try the next product, I hate this guessing game crap! And so does my bank account

Being a pale male I wanted something natural as I could get. I have used self tanning lotion for over 10 years now so know how to apply well to achieve an even application. I heard so many good reviews from many sites about clarins liquid bronze for face and decollete so I ordered some.
First time I used, I exfoliate applying before bed time waiting a hour or so before getting into bed.. waking up the next morning looking pretty bronze but also quite a bit orange! I have now realized to mix with moisturizer I get the best results making it look a lot less fake, as the formula is darker than i expected.
Personally I think it is good stuff but not as good as some people rave about it being the perfect tan but a lot depends on your skin tone to begin with. So i suggest if you are pale want more control over the product mix harf with moisturizer and figure how much you need to apply over your hole face to get a good result. I still don't need much even mixed with moisturizer and the bonus is you don't use it up to quickly while also giving yourface some extra moisturizer.

on 11/28/2009 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first self tanner! Love it because it applies so easy, leaves no traces and makes me look healthy.

on 11/12/2009 8:35:00 PM

I have used this product since its inception in 2005, and have repurchased many, many times since. This is one of the few products I will always repurchase and stay faithful- not in the slightest bit tempted to stray!

The reason? I'm quite pale, and this does not impart a scary, obvious colour- in fact, for me, it lifts the whiteness and gives me a glow, but you would never know I had a tanner on. Thats in the Winter.

In the Summer, it complements whatever bit of sun you've got, and brings up any colour even more- again, without looking fake or obvious, just sunkissed. So it truly is a year round product.

If I haven't used this in a while, I feel pale and pasty, but feel right as rain once I re-apply! Exfoliation is key, and a good moisturiser- allow it to sink in first, of course. The packaging advises using your finger or a cotton pad, the cotton pad is best for fool proof application.

This is one product I hope I never have to be without.

on 9/25/2008 9:43:00 AM

I just started using this product so maybe I haven't given it enought time but it doesn't seem to have a deep bronzing effect. I'm applying it once a day though. It smells nice and light. I will try using more than once a day in hopes for darker results. However, I would repurchase again since it leaves a nice glow and has a nice light texture.

on 8/17/2008 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I used this throughout the summer and it has served me well. I have really pale skin that burns easily and it's quite difficult for me to tan, (surprisingly I don't have a lot of freckles, maybe five or so). I absolutely love this stuff. It's amazingly easy to apply and does not go on streaky or fake. It could do without the scent, but I've had worse experiences. And it does tingle a tiny bit when I apply it, especially on the face (I hate to admit that I have sensitive skin, dammit!), but it goes away as it dries. A great alternative to the real deal.