Moschino Cheap and Chic I Love Love [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
Moschino Cheap and Chic I Love Love [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

TOP: Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Red CurrantHEART: Bulrush, Cinnamon Leaves, Lily-of-the-Valley, Tea RoseBASE: Cedar, Musk, Tanaka Wood

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love I Love Love. Okay, okay. I really do. It starts off being a sweetish citrus cocktail with the lemon, orange and grapefruit blending together really well, so that none is screaming dominance. From there it moves into a walk among citrus trees with the smells of earth and wood blowing your way and finally you sit down on a fragrant wood bench in the sun. Smells like Sandalwood at the bottom, but it isn't - its 'tanaka' wood, musk and cedarwood. Yum.

Here are the notes: Top Notes: Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Red Currant. Middle Notes: Rush, Lily of the Valley, Tea Rose, Cinnamon Leaves. Base Notes: Tanaka Wood, Musk, Cedar Wood.

The bottle is just so cheerful - I had to buy it. Right now, in the US, its only at Saks.

I just tried this and agree with other reviewers, it smells like Light Blue by D&G only better. I think it smells a tad stronger. Very citrusy, fresh, fruity. I will buy this again sometime later. I like to buy a new scent every month so I'll wait for a couple of months before I purchase another bottle. Was at the grocery store and someone stopped me and asked what I was wearing, she commented it smelled wonderful and loved it. My sister could not stop commenting on how good I smell. My husband loves it too and he is not fond of colognes/perfumes, etc. I reapply my cologne often throughtout the day so that is why I think the smell stays.

I *W I L L* buy this ! ...for my 11 year old. We tried it at the mall yesterday. She smells so good in it and she adores the crazy bottle. I think anyone at any age could love this if grapefruit notes don't bother you. I didn't sense any rotting grapefruit, just lovely fresh citrus notes. It will be a great Christmas gift for her next winter, well for us, because I love being around "I Love Love" when it's on her skinny little arms. Notes: Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Redcurrant, Tea Rose, Lily of the Valley, Cinnamon Leaves, Musk, Cedar, Tonka Wood.

The candid name, the bright, cheerful colors and the goofy, easy to hold, Olive Oyl shaped bottle are very appropriate for this fun, flirty fragrance. I Love Love by Moschino is so sparkling and happy that it could just as well have been named Joie de Vivre. I wouldnít say that this eau de toilette is my signature scent, at least not yet; I just got it about a month ago. Actually, I havenít had a signature scent for quite a while; I donít know why. My first was Zen by Shiseido, the original one in the elegant, shapely black bottle with the striking gold leaves I will never forget. Then came a few others, mostly spicy or citrusy; during those years, I often preferred menís fragrances over womenís. In the past decade, I have enjoyed quite a few of the new fruity-floral fragrances but sadly have not fallen for one yet; I find most to be too sweet. So far, I am pleased with this one. I find it easy-going, playful, uncomplicated, and somehow it stands out without being overpowering. I would recommend trying some on if energizing, clean, citrusy notes appeal to you. This one is a little sweet yet refreshing and invigorating, like a Tom Collins on a crazy-hot summer night.

UPDATE October 18, 2006: 1 - The uplifted heart-shaped collar just under the pump head comes in very handy for spraying I Love Love behind the knees by simply slipping the middle and index fingers underneath the collar and pressing down on the pump head with the thumb. Itís so easy! I LOVE that! Thank you, Moschino people! 2 - An advantage that the I Love Love bottle has over the original red and black Cheap and Chic bottle is the transparency of Olive Oylís skirt which allows me to see how much eau remains in the container. Unfortunately, the eau, being yellow, gives the beautiful frosted blue glass a greenish tinge. IMHO, if the eau was clear or light blue, it would give the bottle an even fresher look.

2nd Update November 22, 2006: 1 - I am not enjoying this fragrance as much as I originally did. And it feels more like a splash now than an eau de toilette. Could be it is just more appropriate for summer. Could also be my ever changing body chemistry. 2 - I heard that the sun reacts with lemon containing fragrances and darkens the skin where they are applied. I guess I had better be careful with this one then. continued >>

It morphed into a summer Fav for me, Love it and can buy it quite cheap on the net! Light Blue NEVER worked for me, it was total Lemon Pledge, but 'ILL' is Citrus, juicy, woodsy perfection!

Good golly, this is one gorgeous grapefruit--bursting fresh from the peel (even though we know it is synthetic.) It lasts for hours, it stays perfectly true. Underneath is spice, listed as cinnamon leaves, but it comes across as something green and lovely like basil. This gets my hightest marks for a citrus scent. Truly fabulous.

I really love this sent, it reminds me of a Caribbean holiday, roaming the beach, trying to catch the eye of the cute boy over there, flirting for the first time , the smell of gorgeous citrus and flowers. The smell of youth, innocents and being naive. It smells like your first love, warm, sweet, honest and unforgettable. A bottle of happiness :)

Eww! After reading all the glowing reviews, I purchased this online looking for a citrus scent that might hang around longer than my favorite Fresh scents. As soon as I opened the bottle I knew that it wasn't going to work for me. Where exactly are the citrus notes? I smell cheap perfume with a cloying drydown that is hard to wash off. Skip this ladies if you are looking for a true citrus. It just isn't in this bottle!

Someone said that this reminded them of Light Blue and OMG it does me too! I love both scents so that is a plus. This is very citrusy and clean. A fun fragrance to wear for any occasion.

Will buy again! Love the Moschino entire line of scents!

I had a sample of this perfume in my desk at work -- who knows how I got it. It was there months and months before I ever put some on. The day that I did put some on, almost everyone who walked in my office said "wow, what's that scent you're wearing?" or "it smells wonderful in here!". So, after wearing it from the sample a couple of times, I ordered a full bottle. I really do love this scent and I get more compliments when I wear it.