Milani Heavenly Pink

Not tested on animals

on 2/6/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This a shadow was very chalky and did not show up on my lids and very well .I decided to use this soft pink color as a brow bone highlight but the color looks ashy. The color blends okay on the lid but it does flake even with a eyeshadow primer. The color payoff is lacking in this product. The packaging is playing for a drugstore product but I would not purchase this product again. Total waste of money.

on 12/13/2010 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I got this shadow recently because I am a sucker for pink/sparkly things and this shade stood out so much that I had to get it. Plus I also have the same shadow in black and really like it.

I have never used it wet so not sure how it performs that way. I use it dry with a eyeshadow brush (not the applicator that comes with it as those are never very good) to brighten up my eye lids and it looks great. The color is a soft pink with subtle sparkles. The shadow appears very glittery at first, but most of the sparkles are just on top, so the shadow underneath is matte, which is a little bit strange since the one I have in black has sparkles throughout.

It's pigmented just the right amount, stays on all day, and does not crease. It can be used by itself or as a base for another shadow. I have the L'Oreal HIP shadow in Fiery (highly pigmented bright pink), and think that the two mixed together would work really well (have yet to try this).
I really like it and plan on repurchasing more if I find colors that I like. Apparently this shadow tends to sell out of most shades relatively quickly because ever time I stop by to check out what they have at the drug store, they usually only have a few left, and they're typically shades that I wouldn't wear.

I have yet to try it wet, but am impressed with the way that it works. Great product for the price and I will repurchase it in different colors since I don't see myself running out of the two that I have any time soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Sorry to ruin a run of decent reviews..I always hate doing that but I was unimpressed by this shadow. It may not be completely matte, but enough so to be completely boring. A very pale unimpressive pink that barely shows up on my lids. I really haven't much of a use for it except maybe on top of my shadow base to start other colors on or maybe using it to blend other shades once in a while. I have a feeling this will end up in my giveaway box.

I suppose this could be a 'basic' or staple type shade for a lot of people, but not for me. Milani's other pink shades are way better and more in depth than this. What you see is what you get. continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have many Milani shadows...this one was a bit of a disappointment. I am a cool toned ppp so this should have been great on me, but it doesn't show up enough...I would have preferred it to be a little darker (which I thought it was). Makes a pretty much invisible base coat on me.

on 2/18/2006 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very light matte soft pink. The texture is wonderful, and for being such a light color this has great pigmentation. It lasts all day with no creasing. Can be worn alone as a wash or paired with other colors. Looks really pretty blended with and used as a highlighter with purple shadows. Worth much more than its $3 price tag!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have every Milani shadow that I have been able to purchase at Walgreens or CVS and this is probably my least favorite shadow. The color could be pretty, but it hardly shows up on my lids, even wet. Taffy, on the other hand, is a gorgeous pink.

on 9/21/2005 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not typically a fan of pink eyeshadows, but this goes on light and matte enough on me as not to clash with my medium-fair oliveish skintone. Not one of my favorite Milani shadows, but it does work nicely across the lid to bring out deeper-set eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A very pretty, girly matte light pink, this looks great paired with deeper pinks, plums, taupes, and bronzes in the crease. Sheerer than some other Milani shadows, this still looks great and goes on smoothly w/o any creasing. A lookalike of MAC Yogurt, this is a winner for only 3 bucks!

on 8/30/2005 8:50:00 AM

This is really not one of Milani's pigmented shimmery shades........this is true matte yogurty pink. I think this would do great as a base on the lid or a highlight on the crease. Awesome with plum/pink shades or even some browns. I just love Milani and every shade has its awesome points. This shade applies smoothly and has a slight plus to your run-of-the-mill matte pink.

on 8/27/2005 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is another Milani shadow that surprised me. I almost never wear pink eyeshadow. I just don't like the way it looks on me. So why did I buy this? Well, it's Milani, and it's $3, and I didn't have a light pink matte shadow (maybe because I don't like the way it looks on me?)... Yeah, I'm an addict.

Anyway, Heavenly Pink is another great YLBB shadow. It has a lovely satin, not matte, texture. It's just lovely as a wash all by itself. Gives a little dimension to your face without drawing attention to itself. I will wear this one often.