Kanebo Kate Curl Memory Mascara Waterproof

No Image

3.7

on 7/30/2008 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Only got this mascara once it was offered at half-price, as it was a bit expensive compared to other drugstore brands. It's kind of hard to get used to, the consistency is very runny for a waterproof mascara, and it doesn't really help with curling. However, it does coat lashes well (once you're used to the runny consistency - I smudged around quite a bit during my first few applications), and the lengthening, volumizing effect is pretty good. Funny how it doesn't really do as its namesake says. Makes your eyelashes nice, minus all the va-voom.

on 4/21/2008 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Got this at my local Mitsuwa and although it's pretty cheap in Japan, all the costs associated in importing here make it pretty pricey. Anyways, I have super straight Asian lashes so after I take so much time curling them, it's a major disappointment when a mascara ruins all the work I put in. This mascara is too watery and uncurls what I had taken so long to get to curl. Ironic that it's called Curl Memory. If you don't have my problem, then this mascara might work for you. Big thick brush, and decent waterproof-ness. Doesn't thicken or lengthen at all. Only good thing is that it doesn't smear as much as American mascaras seem to on me.

on 6/18/2007 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This reminds me completely of Shu's basic mascara, but without the hefty price tag. Like the Shu, it's lightweight so doesn't weigh curls down, and gives a very natural look. If you want luscious lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I'd say it's pretty good value for money if you like the Shu, but frankly, I've had other mascaras hold curls better. Hence four lippies.

on 3/1/2007 11:30:00 PM

My lashes are very stubborn and despite trying out several brands of mascara.
This one holds my curls really well. The problem with my lashes is that it will become straighten easily if the mascara weights down my lashes.
And this is the first mascara and the first one from kate(i've not tried out the others yet) that doesn't weight down my lashes ans therefore make them curl.

The only problem is that my lashes are quite sparse. And it doesn't volumise very well.

I'll be trying out the other ones from Kate.

on 11/25/2005 3:52:00 AM

i bought this product recently and it reallie works. i like kate stuff since i bought their eyebrow pencil and fell in love w it. but this mascara reallie lengthens my eyelash and i have really little eyelash. it also doesn't smudge and contrary to what people say, i found that it was easy to take off. I used use the makeup remover wipes from Ponds and it came rite off. i would definitely buy it again

I have straight pointed downwards asian lashes. was so hopeful this would maintain my curl and not smudge...well, it smudged and it did not maintain the curls i got from my shu curler. was so disappointed!

I am on the constant lookout for a mascara that works for me. i have typical asian lashes that are sparse, short & are pointed straight down. Since i wear contacts, i cant stand fibres so thats something i avoid in my mascara & cos i wear contacts & use eye drops, i need something that is smudge proof. So am looking for a mascara that is smudgeproof, non flaking, does not contain fibres, gives volume & holds the curl created by my curler and/or curls my lashes are what i need.

Drusgstore --> Almay - Bright eyes mascara, Amazing Lash Mascara. CG - Triple Lashes, Multiplying, Fantastic Lash. Fasio - Power stay mascara 3D+ Curl Volume. Kate - Curl mascara. L'Oreal - Voluminous, Double Extend, Intensifique, Lash Architect, Panoramic Curl.MF - 2000 Calorie Aqualash, Strech & separate, Lash Lift. MM - Separate Lash. Maybelline - Great Lash, Full & Soft, Lash Discovery, Lash Expansion, Volum' Express, Sky High Curves. Rimmel -100% Waterproof Mascara, Extreme Volume Mascara, Extreme Definition, Waterproof Volume Flash.

Dept Store --> Benefit - Bad Gal, Plush Mascara. Chanel - Extracils. Lancome-Definicils, Ampicils. Dior - Show, MaximEyes. EA - Definition Mascara. Giorgio Armani - Softlash, Starlash. LM - thickening mascara. Shu Uemura - Basic. Shiseido - Advance Volume, Distinguish, Lasting Lift. MAC - Fiber Rich. Px - False Plush.

P.S: Please, if anyone is reading this & has found a mascara that works, please page me! Huge thanks! continued >>

I usually shy away from waterproof mascaras since itīs a pain to remove them and they dry out my lashes. Kateīs mascara is really great. I am generally a fan of Kate products, they are of great quality for a very good price and look cute so I decided I needed to try one of their mascaras. Curl Memory is really holding my curl well and gives me well defined dark lashes with a feather-y finish, i.e. that my lashes donīt stick together. Itīs waterproof but I can remove most of it with my FancL MCO and wipe the rest off with a bit of eye makeup remover. The result is not as dramatic as I usually go for but still my lashes are very pretty when I wear this mascara.

love this! i have oily skin and most mascaras smudge on me but this really doesn't even after a long day at work. makes my lashes look more prominent and holds a curl pretty well too. price is around drugstore pricing so changing every 3 mths is not a problem =p highly recommended!

I use this with Kate's mascara base (which works very very well!) Anyway this kate's memory curl mascara is very good at holding curls i must agree. Not much lengthening effects on its own, and it does smudge a little at the end of the day as my lids gets oily. Great if you want curls to stay. To prevent smudging, can always try a top coat from other brands such as Shiseido's Dramatical Mascara Top Coat.

on 3/25/2005 7:55:00 AM

I bought the black colour mascara. It doesn't clump and application is very smooth. It lengthens my lashes and doesn't weigh them down. It doesn't smudge too. I can even sleep with it. However at the end of the day when my eyelids are oily, it smudges a bit. It's abit difficult to remove thoroughly because I always find that there are some leftovers..