Redken Color Extend Shampoo

Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

AQUA/WATER/EAU, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL, BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, AMODIMETHICONE, PPG-5-CETEH-20, SODIUM BENZOATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SALICYLIC ACID, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, TRIDECETH-6, CARBOMER, COCAMIDE MIPA, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, LINALOOL, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) SEED OIL, ARGININE, 2-OLEAMIDO-1, 3-OCTADECANEDIOL, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, BENZO-PHENONE-4, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, METHYL COCOATE, SODIUM COCOATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID (D46209/2)

on 5/8/2018 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Hair type: Fine, color treated, slight natural wave

I'm not a fan of this shampoo. It's too rich (heavy) for my hair and by the next day I had to re-wash it. Plus my hair felt sticky. I would not repurchase. It costs around $20-23 Canadian

on 4/26/2018 4:37:00 PM

This is not a terrible shampoo. It cleans my haIr nicely and my hair color has lasted longer than anticipated.

I never thought I'd rate a product down (way down) due to packaging, but here you go. (If I could give the packaging a zero I would.) This bottle cap cannot be removed without breaking it. Seriously. I tried to wrench it loose at one point and broke the lid-part, cutting my finger on the rough edge.

Now, maybe you're not one of those folks who wants to remove a shampoo bottle lid, but it can be very handy to be able to do so.

Why would Redken do this? Oh, yeah... if you can't get all the shampoo out, you'll buy another bottle sooner.

Or, in my case, never again.

on 11/3/2017 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This made my scalp burn, it dried my hair out, and it my hair sticky while it was wet. It does create suds and lathers well. I really felt my scalp on fire, and irritated, and will never buy again. At first I thought it was the conditioner, which was also my first time using. The second time, I tried with another conditioner and again, same burning on my scalp and it felt very dried out. The smell is okay, clean, and light. The bottles are same old redken, not the best but not the worst. I wish I could return it.

First recommended by my hair dresser, I am addicted to the Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner line. I always look for sales for the big bottles and I can usually find them at Ulta Beauty Supply. Its been one of the only shampoos/conditioners to protect my hair color without over drying or leaving residue. It smells phenomenal and leaves my hair feeling SO hydrated.

I'm a licensed cosmetologist and I love trying out different hair care brands.

I have hard water and a pretty oily scalp/skin.

I always wash my hair twice. Not just because I have an oily scalp, but the first time will get rid of your hair products and what not, the second go around will leave your hair truly clean. So people who say this makes their hair feel "dirtier" try washing twice. It makes a big difference.

This leaves my hair shiny and soft root to tip. I love it. And it's great for someone that has to keep on their color too.

No complaints other than I wish it had a lingering smell. It kind of smells like a bad attempt at fruit with chemicals. but it doesn't last on your hair.
Leaves my hair very soft which makes me have to work harder at teasing it

on 10/18/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm surprised at the low rating. I have normal to oily dark straight hair and usually can get away with inexpensive shampoos but after getting balayage I needed something bigger and better for my dry brittle ends . Initially I purchased the Kenra Color Maintenance Shampoo but I was not impressed since it made my hair look flat, dull and did nothing to maintain the color. After getting my hair tone down I purchased the Redken Color Extend Shampoo. When I used this for the first time, I almost came to the verdict that I hate this stuff since my hair looked as if it was not washed. Eventually after styling my hair and letting it sit for few hours, my hair looked pretty good. The next morning my husband commented that my hair looks really healthy and shiny. This is my second time trying a Redken product, the first was Redken All Soft line, although it made my hair soft and silky, I was not a fan since it made my hair look really flat and thin. So far I really like this shampoo, makes my hair look healthy and shiny without making it look sticky, oily, flat or thin. I will not comment on the color extend factor yet since I've use this a few times and it's too early to come to a conclusion. However, I did notice after getting my hair toned and roots darker I used a drug store shampoo and saw a lot of dark hair dye wash off from my hair while shampooing. The second time around I used this shampoo and did not see any color wash off.

This was a weird formula to me. It didn't ever lather up nicely and my hair never felt really clean :(

on 1/4/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this at the drugstore, in my rural town, when it was available at sale prices, because the pharmacy was trying to evaluate what their customers might want other than usual drugstore brands. I have used Redken products off and on for years, and have seldom been disappointed.

I love this, for my fine, color-treated, hard-to-hold-onto color (red). It does seem to help my color last, and my hair doesn't feel either dry or heavy, after using shampoo. I use it with the conditioner, and both products are great, for my hair.

Since I moved to rural Saskatchewan, I have noticed my needs in shampoos and conditioners have changed. I have always suspected the local water supply wherever I have lived, and I always thought this was true when I lived in California, where, just like here, the water source changes during the winter months. I know this because I worked in photolithography processing in California, and our water filtration needs changed during the winter, because of the water source change. In my rural town now, our water well is changed over during the winter, and the water IS different. Laundry care also changes. So I am not surprised that hair care requiring water needs to change. I have read elsewhere that color loss is more dependent on how much water your color-treated hair is exposed to than either shampoo or conditioner, other than heat and UV protection factors. I believe it. However, I have not noticed this shampoo stripping my color, or drying my hair, even in winter.

I love the cranberry scent, and it dissipates after my hair dries, so it does not remain a factor if I choose to use other scented products. Moreover, my husband likes the scent of my freshly washed hair.

on 10/16/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Loved this product for many years but now I find that it leaves my hair flatter and unmanageable during the day. Takes too much hairspray to keep a reasonable do all day unless there is no wind. Looking for a replacement. Think I found it in Avalon Rosemary shampoo but it makes my scalp flaky and a bit itchy around the hairline.

on 7/26/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually use drug store products like Suave on my hair and it works great! Recently while I was in Ulta a beauty store near where I live I decided to try a nicer salon brand shampoo. I first tried Redken allsoft because I heard a lot of great things about it... It felt nice while I was washing my hair and brushing it out but when my hair dried it looked like I hadn't even washed my hair. My roots felt sticky and looked oily. So I went back to Ulta to return it and got store credit. So I decided to try a different Redken product which was the Extend Color shampoo. The employee working while I made the exchange even said that this shampoo worked great and wouldn't leave it oily... So I tried it out and it made my hair just as gross as the allsoft.. My hair felt disgusting after using both of Redkens products..I don't know if it is just me that this brand does this too it could be hormones... But after trying two of their products I would not recommend Redkens products.