3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

My hair is baby-fine and stressed from thyroid meds, aging, menopause, color treating....I've been experiencing heavy shedding for the past six years and so I want to hang on to what I've got left. I like this shampoo (used it in conjunction with conditioner) for cleaning my hair without excessively weighing it down, and not overdrying it. I still have to use a leave in treatment for the brittle sections closest to my face, but I like this brand. Fragrance wasn't great but it didn't gross me out,either.

About reviewer (445 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This shampoo's effectiveness was fine. My hair felt soft and I had no irritation. But that SMELL. YUCK!! I find most Redken shampoos are very mildly fragranced (sometimes TOO mild), but this one is over-the-top old lady smell. Very synthetically perfumy - I can't think of anything in nature to describe that fragrance, it's just bad.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

This is the absolute worst shampoo & conditioner. Made my scalp & face burn like fire. As I sit here writing this review my scalp is literally on fire.. I cannot wait to wash my hair to remove what residue is left on my scalp from this product.. terrible! Will be returning both shampoo & conditioner

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

Hair type: Fine, color treated, slight natural wave I'm not a fan of this shampoo. It's too rich (heavy) for my hair and by the next day I had to re-wash it. Plus my hair felt sticky. I would not repurchase. It costs around $20-23 Canadian

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

2 years ago

This is not a terrible shampoo. It cleans my haIr nicely and my hair color has lasted longer than anticipated. I never thought I'd rate a product down (way down) due to packaging, but here you go. (If I could give the packaging a zero I would.) This bottle cap cannot be removed without breaking it. Seriously. I tried to wrench it loose at one point and broke the lid-part, cutting my finger on the rough edge. Now, maybe you're not one of those folks who wants to remove a shampoo bottle lid, but it can be very handy to be able to do so. Why would Redken do this? Oh, yeah... if you can't get all the shampoo out, you'll buy another bottle sooner. Or, in my case, never again.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

This made my scalp burn, it dried my hair out, and it my hair sticky while it was wet. It does create suds and lathers well. I really felt my scalp on fire, and irritated, and will never buy again. At first I thought it was the conditioner, which was also my first time using. The second time, I tried with another conditioner and again, same burning on my scalp and it felt very dried out. The smell is okay, clean, and light. The bottles are same old redken, not the best but not the worst. I wish I could return it.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

First recommended by my hair dresser, I am addicted to the Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner line. I always look for sales for the big bottles and I can usually find them at Ulta Beauty Supply. Its been one of the only shampoos/conditioners to protect my hair color without over drying or leaving residue. It smells phenomenal and leaves my hair feeling SO hydrated.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I'm a licensed cosmetologist and I love trying out different hair care brands. I have hard water and a pretty oily scalp/skin. I always wash my hair twice. Not just because I have an oily scalp, but the first time will get rid of your hair products and what not, the second go around will leave your hair truly clean. So people who say this makes their hair feel "dirtier" try washing twice. It makes a big difference. This leaves my hair shiny and soft root to tip. I love it. And it's great for someone that has to keep on their color too. No complaints other than I wish it had a lingering smell. It kind of smells like a bad attempt at fruit with chemicals. but it doesn't last on your hair. Leaves my hair very soft which makes me have to work harder at teasing it

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

from

4 years ago

I'm surprised at the low rating. I have normal to oily dark straight hair and usually can get away with inexpensive shampoos but after getting balayage I needed something bigger and better for my dry brittle ends . Initially I purchased the Kenra Color Maintenance Shampoo but I was not impressed since it made my hair look flat, dull and did nothing to maintain the color. After getting my hair tone down I purchased the Redken Color Extend Shampoo. When I used this for the first time, I almost came to the verdict that I hate this stuff since my hair looked as if it was not washed. Eventually after styling my hair and letting it sit for few hours, my hair looked pretty good. The next morning my husband commented that my hair looks really healthy and shiny. This is my second time trying a Redken product, the first was Redken All Soft line, although it made my hair soft and silky, I was not a fan since it made my hair look really flat and thin. So far I really like this shampoo, makes my hair look healthy and shiny without making it look sticky, oily, flat or thin. I will not comment on the color extend factor yet since I've use this a few times and it's too early to come to a conclusion. However, I did notice after getting my hair toned and roots darker I used a drug store shampoo and saw a lot of dark hair dye wash off from my hair while shampooing. The second time around I used this shampoo and did not see any color wash off.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

This was a weird formula to me. It didn't ever lather up nicely and my hair never felt really clean :(

About reviewer (1040 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair