GAP Beauty Scent Editions Perfume Oils

No Image

3.9

I got one of these as a gift a few years ago- in Shimmering Currant. I think it was a limited edition for the holidays. Anyway, I didn't start using it until recently- and now I really wish I would have tried it earlier so I could have purchased more of it. It's such a wonderful scent, warm, delicious, but unobtrusive- and you can't smell it from a mile away, like some oils. I use it all the time and it's lasting very well, and absorbs quickly into my skin- no greasy residue. Great product, can't wait to try more of them. Lovely.

on 7/6/2006 10:44:00 AM

I wear the smooth sandalwood and I can't stop wearing it! I mean, I try to buy other perfumes that will last a little longer, but I keep going back to this. It smells just wonderful. I reminds me of sandalwood, musk, and some mint mixed in. It smells clean and fresh, and quite a few people have stopped me to ask what I'm wearing, which hasn't happened in a long time. I keep an oil in my makeup bag in case, and then at home I layer the body butter, spray, and oil. The oil smells the best, though, so in the summer, I put it everywhere skin is showing.
GAP, don't stop making these! I think sandalwood is intensely popular, because it's hit or miss at the stores when I try to buy some more.
Love it!
Shelle

on 6/20/2006 11:08:00 PM

My top favorites are "Sueded Musk" and "Delicate Sagemoss." Both are beautiful on their own or layered together. But if you want any of these scents, be sure to get them soon, because some Gap stores are starting not to stock them anymore.

on 5/24/2006 2:37:00 PM

I purchased the sandalwood oil and wow, was I impressed! Not only does it smell wonderful, but it's beyond convenient! You can carry it in your purse, which I love. I like that the scent isn't too overpowering, it's just a nice, subtle frangrance.

these are gems!!! these are some of the best perfume oils i have ever tried-i mix the sheer tuberose and silk yuzu for a beautiful clean scent! my favorite is the sueded musk,which i adore!!! i can carry all of them in my purse because they are lightweight and totally portable in their little linen pouches!!! excellent idea...

on 3/22/2006 9:21:00 PM

I've bought the Spun Orange Blossom in the oil and the EDT. I like the EDT better. I think this smells like Jo Malone's Orange Blossom and lasts longer -- for less money.

on 3/15/2006 3:02:00 PM

These are nice little bottles of roll on perfume oils. I liked quite a few of the scents I tried, but not enough to buy any of them. I liked the EDTs better because they lasted better and had better sillage.

Tuberose: The smell is a light floral, and although it doesn't really smell like tuberose to me, it does smell good. It smells like the Monique's Natural Esscents Hawaiian Tuberose Body Cream. The scent didn't last very long on my skin, maybe an hour? I liked the smell, but not enough to buy it, especially at full price. I'd go back to try the edt spray if they had that in stock and they were still on sale for 50% off.

Orange Blossom: I bought the EDT of this, and love it love it. I went back and bought a second when I heard these were being discontinued. It's very similar to Jo Malone's, but lasted longer on my skin and I think smelled better too.

The gardenia, jasmine, and yuzu smelled nice too, very tru to their name sakes. Delicate sagemoss was really nice too.

I love the Sheer Tuberose. It is light and clean and not overpowering. I do think it wears off quickly but it was very affordable and portable so I dont mind.

on 12/31/2005 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got the Vintage Vanilla perfume and I LOVE IT! So does my boyfriend. Yummm! And I got it for half off too which was great. I'm gonna go back and stock up on it while it's still available at such a great price! I may go ahead and get the Sandalwood too. I am really digging this line.

on 12/27/2005 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't explored these extensively yet so my review is limited to Woven Cassis. I love blackcurrant anything and was on a mission to find a fragrance with a strong blackcurrant note. So I jumped on this one and pretty much ignored the other Editions.
Woven Cassis has a distinct fruity, currant note to start and musk that intensifies as it dries down. I think it has a bit of floral in the middle but I don't know enough about floral notes to describe it well. I do wish the currant note lasted longer and the musk was a bit lighter but it certainly satisfies.
Incidentaly, I also have the edt and lotion in Woven Cassis. The edt is softer and has more musk than fruit to my nose. The lotion has an interesting aspect that I can only describe as "linen". It smells like cloth that has been dabbed with the oil. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else gets this from it. The lotion has a very light scent that stays close to the skin.

Popular Fragrances