NARS South Pacific Duo

NARS South Pacific Duo

4.5

on 10/9/2010 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a gorgeous duo. The light blue color is extremely wearable. It can be used for day or night looks. It really makes my brown eyes pop! The brighter blue color isn't as wearable for day looks, but it is SO gorgeous. There are so many looks you can do with this duo. I probably won't repurchase, only because NARS duo's are so expensive, and I probably won't hit pan on these shadows for a while. I would definitely recommend this, though :)

on 5/29/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love these colors! Both shades of this have the wonderfully velvety texture I fell in love with in the green shade of Misfit. They're both also unique shades of medium blue. I often have trouble finding blues that are highly pigmented and aren't too light and frosty and aren't too dark.

I do, however, find it pretty much impossible to wear these two shades together. They're absolutely lovely worn separately as a wash, but IMHO a green-blue and a gray-blue pair horribly together.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Love the colours! Especially the aqua blue. As with all Nars' eyeshadows, it is higly pigmented and has very good colour pay-off (one swipe often does the job!). I look forward to building to a collection of Nars' duo shadows =)

I bought this blue eyeshadow duo for prom because the blue colour really caught my eye among the counter of mostly neutral shades at NARS. I found this to be a pretty combination if you layer the colour like stairs seperately and blend with a bigger brush. I am a NC40 (asian-skin tone) and south pacific is too draumatic for an everyday look because its really shimmery and the colour draws TOO much attention to my eyes.

This colour would look dazzling if I wore accessories that had a hint of blue or something on my body that was blue to compliment the colour.
Good for formal occasions or dates ;)

on 11/12/2007 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a blue look that works well on ethnic skin. It's very pigmented. I layed in some orange,pink and a touch of green the other day and got the Hawaiian sky at sunset. Looked better than it sounds. This is a bright turquoise blue and a dustier blue. Very well pigmented,especially over a frosted base. (I like to use a contrasting color-Pearl Beach cream shadow from NARS -irridescant pink-for a slight show through)

Ah, these colors are beautiful! One side is a light, shimmery blue (so pretty), and the other is a medium-toned true blue. I like to just look at these colors because they're so pretty. This is one of the few "non-neutral" NARS duos I have held onto just because the colors are pretty.

They do look good on - I find that when I wear my blue contacts, this really brings out the color and makes my eyes pop. (I naturally have dark brown eyes.) However, I do have to note that I need to add in a darker color (like MAC Satin Taupe or Shu's ME945) in the creases or outer corners to really define my eyes because the two colors in this duo, once on the skin, are sort of similar.

For reference, I am NC25/Stila 30 Watts with dark eyes and hair. continued >>

on 5/20/2007 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's generally hard for me to wear blue e/s (I'm Chinese NC25). Too purple and my eyes look bruised, too red and it looks like I didn't get enough sleep. South Pacific is a great combination - the turquoise is a tad bright, but if I wear both togehter, blended like crazy, the result is a vibrant but not "mad disco" look. Makes my eyes pop. I take away one lippie cos the turquoise can't be worn alone, it's just too bright (and this is coming from someone who likes bright!) I can only use a little for it to work and have to pair it with a really neutral lip. So it's nice, but just a tad too much work.

I was so disappointed that this did not work for me. I have light sea green eyes and I thought the periwinkle blue shade of this duo could look fantastic. Alas, both shades were extremely garish-looking and I looked like a punk rocker from 1987. I don't recommend it for green eyed girls, as the colors are so bright that they actually competed with my already unique and pretty green eye color and looked stupid. Also, I am not a particularly oily-skinned person, and my eyelids are not particularly shiny/oily, so there was no reason for this to fade so quickly other than that it has poor staying power. The colors LOOK beautiful in the pan/container, but can have a clown-like effect on an actual face. Also, they did not apply very evenly. I am light skinned, so this color was a bit severe on me. These colors are beautiful-looking, but they are so strong in hue that they will compete with your eye color, and be the focus of your makeup/face. So, if you have a beautiful or unique eye color, this may not be the best shadow duo for you, as it will distract from your eye color. I only gave it a 2 b/c the colors are so pretty.

One other thing: NARS charges $31 for this duo, but they are too chintzy to include an eyeshadow applicator or brush. I know many brands do not include brushes either, but NARS should include a sponge-tipped applicator or SOMETHING to justify the price.

HEAVEN! Oh I love this duo soooo sooo much! Id anticipated the arrival of this for 5 whole days, and it was worth it! The colors were perfect. I have bright blue eyes, dyed black hair, and pale [nw20] skin, and these colors just made my eyes pop, and it brightened my skin up! I like the left side better, but they were both amazing. Very cute colors, would definitely purchase again!

These are beautiful blues but they are definately not for me. They did nothing for my brown eyes but give me that bruised look.