NARS Sea Sex and Sun Duo

3.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have a warm skintone and eye color, this duo just compliments that so well. Daily I always apply one of the shades wet as an eyeliner. My eye color sparkles and pops for sure. It's a beautiful duo, the shadows are smooth and last all day on me. I would describe the shades as a pure medium yellow sunny gold and a fresh summery light green. Both have a pretty sheen with no sparkles.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Nars e/s are the best!! I ris and love this duo. IMO I think this would flatter darker skintones better. I'm NC40 and the gold hues look really nice. Perfect for all year round wear, the colors are truly universal.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was a little disappointed in this duo as the mustard yellow shade was extremely unflattering on my NC20 skin. The other side, a dusty lime green with subtle shimmer, was pretty but nothing outstanding. I think medium and dark skintones would get the most mileage out of this since both shades are more wearable for them than for pale skin.

I LOVE this eye shadow. NARS is pretty expensive, but they make really cool shadow duo's. I think this color is great for brown eyes, it really makes them pop. Someone asked who looks good in mustard yellow - it's people with dark eyes and pale skin. The shadow is smooth and the colors aren't too pigmented. I wear this every other day.

I really like the green side of this. I have olive skin with brown eyes and the color makes my eyes look hazel. The green and mustard together are beautiful on my eyes for a night out. For everyday, I have been using the green shadow to set my eyeliner. It gives just the faintest shimmer of green but still looks natural- really pretty.

I am unsure if I would repurchase only because I like trying different eyeshadow colors, but this has been a daily staple for me for awhile. I love the formula as well as the color.

I absolutely love this duo. The combination of shimmering light green and lemon yellow with a hint of mustard speaks tropical and summer. They really make my dark brown eyes pop. I love the yellow in the inner half of the lid and green outter half. The colors go really well with dark olive eye liners. This is my staple in the summer and spring.

Nars duos are a bit pricy but the quality really outperforms MAC e/s, which I find very chalky and dry. Although sea, sex and sun is not the most buttery duo from NARS (for example, not as buttery as Kalahari), it is still creamy and very easy to blend with excellent lasing power. One more thing, they are very very pigmented. Don't worry about the color not showing up. They are true to the pan.

I bought this duo without seeing it before. Unlike another Nars duos, in this one the color you see is the same color on the lids. The golden shade stays on, but the avocado one dissapears in about one hour. I have light skin tone with cool subtones and olive green eyes and don't look very well with the mustard one alone. I will like to try the Earth Angel duo.

I never intended to buy anything from this pretensiously packaged overpriced line. But while trying to replace a mustard-colored Avon shadow (circa Nixon's first term, I think) I was steered to this duo at the Nars counter. The yellow was as close as I'd found so I took it, expecting to waste half the palette. Turns out, I love them both. The green, well-described above as avocado, is quite soft and flattering, and there's something about that mustard color on the browbone. Great with blue, green or purple contacts.
I'm intrigued with the sheerness and tonal qualities of these shadows. It's as if once applied they reveal additional tones not apparent in the pan. I've enjoyed this duo as much as anything I have and it's sent me on the hunt for more Nars.

I bought this one with South Pacific and they go great together. However, I do think that Sea Sex and Sun is very sheer, so, don't expect as much pigment as South Pacific. I absolutely love the mustard color because it goes on as a true yellow/gold on me. I'm yellow/olive undertoned, Asian, so, alot of yellows or golds turn green on me. MAC Gorgeous gold has a green tinge. The green side of this is pretty too, but, I wished it was a little more pigmented. I like using the yellow side to blend stuff together, like Surbaya. *EDIT 3/17/07: I have since replaced this with the gold and green in MAC Thunder Eyes quad. The colors are richer and last longer.*

The name is cool. The colors... meh. I didnt think they were well agenced together, and they are not my favorite NARS duo at all. The green is super bland and the mustard yellow is... yuck.
I swapped this one right away!