Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser

Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser

4.6

water/aqua/eau- alcohol dent. sodium trideceth sulfate. disodium lauroamphodicetate-hydrolyzed wheat protein. hexylene glycol. cetrimonium chloride. triclosan. red 33. blue 1 (not sure if this is complete)**Complete, as of 05/01/2017:Makeup Brush Cleanseringredients: water\aqua\eau [] alcohol denat. [] sodium trideceth sulfate [] disodium lauroamphodiacetate [] hydrolyzed wheat protein [] hexylene glycol [] cetrimonium chloride [] red 33 (ci 17200) [] blue 1 (ci 42090)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush cleanser is fantastic!
I spray it on my brushes and swipe them over a kitchen towel - all makeup residue is gone!
Sometimes (if I haven't cleaned my foundation brush for more than a week) I spray this cleanser over it and wash everything away under the tap. No other products needed.
It's very efficient and it doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin.
Must have!

on 10/6/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is ok. It is not best for washing in between color applications. It is better suited for cleansing the brush when you are completely done. For cleaning the brush in between applications, I prefer the It Cosmetics brush cleanser. It leaves the brush much more dry but still removes the other color you are trying to get rid of. The Clinique is functional, but nothing to get too excited about. I might replace, I might not. I will always have the It Cosmetics one. If you like spray cleansers (as regular cleansers, not to clean in between color changes), then Clinique is perfectly adequate. And using this without water allows your brushes to dry a bit faster than if you soaked the brushes.

on 3/22/2015 9:56:00 AM

Omg I love this brush cleanser! I was giving up on my brushes. The two brush cleanser I bought from Sephora we're not working and my brushes were dirty, sticky, oily, and getting hard from the build up.i used this cleanser and they are like new! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lipsticks is because the liquid melted the pain off of one of my Sephora brushes 😱, crazy stuff, but it left the bristles like new lol. It smells good too, no weird smells. I will definitely continue buying it

on 12/22/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the first time I tried anything other than shampoo or dish-washing liquid to wash my make-up brushes. And I would not wash my brushes as often as needed due to having to wait for them to dry. This cleanser allows my to dry-wash my brushes quickly and effectively, so now I wash them at least weekly. It also works well for deep-cleaning my brushes with water. I'll definitely purchase it again.

on 7/17/2012 1:56:00 PM

Love it! I use it to clean my brushes religiously, I've got a mix of eco tools and E.L.F. brushes. Every Sunday I clean them all down by spraying and then washing under an open tap. I haven't tried it without the water.

The lady who sold it to me had used it once by accident (it was stock not demonstration piece) so knocked off a fiver, but it was in perfectly good condition anyway.

Best cleaner I have used. Can be used without water for a quick change - just spritz, massage and towel dry. But I love this best for deep cleaning my brushes. Before I purchased I would not clean my brushes as often as I should. Most cleaners are too sudsy and it seemed to take forever to rinse out so they were clean. Also they did not dry as soft or retain their shape as well as with this one. To clean I cup my palm and spritz into my hand rather than directly on the brush and then I dip the brush into my hand and gently massage, then rinse clean. I find my powder and foundation brush sometimes need a repeat. This stuff really gets the brushes clean though. My MAC 217 is just as white after this as when I purchased.

on 4/12/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the fact that this is a spray.
I dont see how you dont use water with this though...I always rinse with water.
It is a good cleanser but wont get out the more stubborn stains from light bristles. For that you could use an oil (DHC, Fancl, Mac, etc).
I wish it were more easily accessible for me to buy, but I tend to keep the bottle and filled Mac's brush cleanser into it and it is great.

on 9/1/2011 3:30:00 PM

Works okay, not amazing, but does the job...some people say they use w/o water...I find that I have to use water to get my brushes super clean (I use mac, bareminerals and ecotools brushes)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this so much I went about this today just on whim. When went to test it out for the 1st time It left my month open!!! I mean it got my brushes so clean I had to try it on all of my others too!! I'm so happy with this product it didn't take all that rubbing to get it clean either. I was so happy I can't wait to use it again.I also LOVE that it's a spray too!! you don't need alot either 3 at the most.

on 2/19/2011 6:41:00 AM

Good cleanser for my brushes. This, compared to MAC's similar brush cleanser, comes in a spraybottle so even though it's a little more expensive it makes cleansing a lot simpler. I find one saves a lot of product with this in a spraybottle.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools