NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 10/27/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first creme blush by NARS after reading so many positive comments from so many bloggers. it lives up to my expectation! it's a cream to powder blush and don't feel sticky on the skin at all..unlike my Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick.
this is a very gorgeous color for ladies with NC40/42 skin color. the color is 'delicate shimmering poppy' as described in the official website. it is a coral color with gold flecks. don't be intimidated by the color in the pan. it transfers beautifully on the skin and diffuses a very healthy glow. the shimmers are very subtle and you won't be looking like a disco ball. i pair this with MAC Lady at Play and the result is stunning.

on 1/7/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's very pretty...But not my favorite blush in the world. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but I would purchase other NARS cream blushes because I adore the formula itself (buttery soft texture, not sticky or greasy looking, long-wearing, easily blendable etc).

I do adore the base shade of this blush, (deep reddish/coral), but I find that the shimmer is a bit much. I know that NARS products in general are shimmery, but I find the glitter in this blush to be far too obvious and unnatural looking for everyday wear. But like I said, the base shade is lovely (probably best suited to darker, warm complexions). It makes my face look so healthy and alive, almost like I just finished a workout.

I usually apply this blush with a stippling brush because I find that it sheers out the rich, intense pigments very well. A little of this goes a long way.

I like this blush, but the glitter (not shimmer, not sheen, but GLITTER) is a bit too much for me...I'm still giving it four stars though because the product itself is high quality and it IS a pretty shade. Just wish that it had more of a demure shimmer to it like most NARS blushes, instead of child-like glitter.

on 12/2/2011 1:00:00 PM

Amazing color payoff, buttery quality and it settles like a powder on the cheeks. Wears for hours and adds a beautiful natural glow to the skin. I am NC 42 for reference. Love love it and will definitely recommend and buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I give up with Nars blushes, I really do. I absolutely loved the colour of this - and I could even handle the obvious gold sparkles - but the formulation broke me out. This is the first cream blush that has done this with me - I've used cream blushes by Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder with no problem. The colour itself showed up as a medium bright red (with very slight pink undertones) on my NC40 olive neutral skintone. It was bright, but used with a light hand it was flattering, and a change from the natural/pink based blushes that I normally used. The only problem with such a bright, uncompromising colour was finding a matching lip colour, as nude and the mauve/brown-based natural colours I usually wear didn't look quite right with it, and I don't wear bright lip colours. So these two factors meant that I never used this much anyway. I've had my blush for almost three years now as I can't bear to throw it away, but now it's developed a rancid smell, so I guess that I should...

on 12/11/2010 6:38:00 PM

Love this colour! I'm NC45 and this gives me a perfect glow! I've used NARS Torrid in the past, which I still and always will love. However, this gives me a more natural flushed look. You can apply using your fingers or a blush brush. Either way, keep the hand light as the pigment is quite strong.

on 1/28/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I am really on the fence about this product. It has good points and bad points but I haven't used it enough to determine whether the good outweighs the bad. I am an NC44, with extremely oily skin and large pores on my cheek area. Here's my assessment so far:

PROs:
1. Colour lasts a long long time and colour payoff is extremely good for the amount of product needed. I have to be very careful not to swipe too much in order not to look like a clown. In fact on a few occasions I've arrived at work and looked in the mirror to see a crazy clown person staring back. So you need to be very very careful to apply very lightly. I dab my finger onto the product once and use this for each cheek. Also because I have oily skin I blot my face quite often during the day, but I do not have to reapply this blush as the colour lasts.

2. Colour is gorgeous. Gives me a lovely flushed look that looks like a glow from within.

3. Also can be used as a lip product if you apply a layer of moisturising product over as it can be quite drying on the lip.

4. Only an extremely tiny amount is needed for each application, therefore I don't envisage ever running out of this and needing to buy it again. Yes it is expensive but will last ages even if you use it everyday. If I lost the one I have I would definately repurchase I think.

CONs
1. If I'm not careful with application, the product can settle/sink into my pores. Ive learned through trial and error how to apply this properly, it takes time and patience.

2. If the colour is underestimated you could end up looking like a clown. You need good lighting and a good application technique to get it right.

Overall I think this product will grow on me.

UPDATE: Still loving this blush. I have now starting applying it to my cheeks with a foundation brush (MACs 190) and that seems to do the trick. With this brush I can control the application without streaks. It also helps control the blush so that it doesn't settle into my pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This color is absolutely frightening in the pan, but once you've sheered it out on your cheek, it's gorgeous. I would call it my HG red blush. I also have Exhibit A which is very similar to CF in that they both look freakishly bright in the pan. They both give that 'just came in from the cold' look. I also find that CF is a very wearable everyday color. I'm still trying to figure out the best lip color combo with CF, probably a sheer raspberry color would work best. Overall a fantastic color.

on 5/16/2008 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Took me a while before reviewing this product.

I never used it because i always had problems applying cream blush. i always thought the way was to use my fingers and it was too difficult to blend so i barely touched it.

poppy would be a proper word to describe it. on closer inspection in the pan you can see the goldness in it, not like glitter though.

i picked up my MAC 169 brush one day and used that to apply the blush. i am sold. this blush is beautiful. it's not a common colour, not exactly rose, not exactly coral, not exactly pink, not exactly peach and not exactly red. i would think it's like a mixture of coral and red. it's easy to apply and blend and looks so great on for the day. you don't see hint of any goldness to it. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone out there.

on 12/21/2007 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG, I love this stuff. It put me good look. The colour is light and bright red with a little of gold shimmer.
Put me a flush into the face very georgous.
For reference, I'm NW20.

on 12/8/2007 1:36:00 AM

Gorgeous! It's easy to blend, lasts all day, and looks wonderfully natural on my relatively pale Asian skin.