NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.3

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 2/4/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This blush is just so gorgeous! The colour in the pan looks fairly scary, but on me it is a pretty pink glow, very girly! I am NC30/C4 if that helps. The texture is a dream, it blends so easily and isnt greasy at all! I normally steer well clear of cream blushes as I have had a bad time with them (Mac, Bobbi Brown, Stila) but this one is superb quality. The lasting power is great, it lasted until I washed it off. I have noticed a lot of people complaining about the glitter. The gold glitter isnt overly noticeable I dont think, it just makes the colour look slightly shimmery on me. Maybe it shows up different depending on your skin type? Overall this is a fantastic and very unique colour, worth owning for sure!

on 12/11/2012 7:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was excited to try this out, at first I thought the product would be quite firm and difficult to work with, but I was wrong! Its smooth and ewasy to work with. Biggest down side to me is the glitter, in the pan it doesn't look too bad, but once I apply it, you could just see a whole lot of glitter and not much of the actual colour (or maybe I was distracted with all the glitter). Tried using with my fingers and a stippling brush, still the same effect *sigh*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I confess that this is a great color for me: It looks like I just came in from a brisk walk on a cold day.
I'm NW20.
I will say that the gold shimmer will go a bit crazy if you aren't careful. The first time I wore this I looked like I was all a-glitter.

I think wear time is shorter than a powder, but for me it leaves a bit of a glow even after 12 hours of wear.

I've worn it above and below foundation and love the "glow from within" effect.

The only reason I wouldn't buy it is that I don't enjoy the glitter so much, it's almost too big to be a shimmer.

on 1/7/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's very pretty...But not my favorite blush in the world. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but I would purchase other NARS cream blushes because I adore the formula itself (buttery soft texture, not sticky or greasy looking, long-wearing, easily blendable etc).

I do adore the base shade of this blush, (deep reddish/coral), but I find that the shimmer is a bit much. I know that NARS products in general are shimmery, but I find the glitter in this blush to be far too obvious and unnatural looking for everyday wear. But like I said, the base shade is lovely (probably best suited to darker, warm complexions). It makes my face look so healthy and alive, almost like I just finished a workout.

I usually apply this blush with a stippling brush because I find that it sheers out the rich, intense pigments very well. A little of this goes a long way.

I like this blush, but the glitter (not shimmer, not sheen, but GLITTER) is a bit too much for me...I'm still giving it four stars though because the product itself is high quality and it IS a pretty shade. Just wish that it had more of a demure shimmer to it like most NARS blushes, instead of child-like glitter.

on 12/4/2011 4:07:00 PM

I have a few NARS blushes, and I love them. And I really do love the color of this blush and I can stand the sparkles that it has as well. I bought it probably in September and tested it in stores and loved the creamy texture the Sephora sample had and the color is just gorgeous!! But, it dried up completely on me by mid November. I've had my NYX cream blushes for upwards of a year now and they are still just as creamy as they were when I bought them. For some reason this blush just died on me!! I tried warming it up in my hands to see if that would liquify it anymore, but it did nothing. I found myself essentially stabbing my blush brush in a NARS blush, and that NEVER happens. I'm not sure if the packaging was flawed and allowed air to get into the product, or what, but this shouldn't have happened. It's such a gorgeous color though!!

on 8/25/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my dream blush!! I've been looking for a sheer red that would look like a real inner glow. Turkish Red seemed a little too brick for me, so I bought Cactus Flower. It is absolutely perfect with my fair skin. I apply it with a foundation brush, and you can start very light and add intensity as you please. The texture is perfect -- it really looks like a natural, healthy glow. It blends in perfectly with my skin so I can't see any tell-tale blush lines. As other reviewers said, it looks like you just came in from the cold. And it lasts all day on my skin -- I never needed a touch-up.

on 4/22/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This blush is beautiful, it is the perfect flushed color.. the only thing unnatural about this product is the huge gold sparkles on my cheeks. I love the NARS blushes because they are a cream to powder consistency. This would be a HG product for me if it weren't for the huge gold sparkles that appear all over my face after application. If you can handle that then check out this blush, I will probably be returning and looking into macs ccb in virgin isle

on 10/24/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the shade, love the texture, don't love the sparkles. With something like this I want to apply it with a light hand so it looks as natural as possible. Huge chunks of gold glitter don't really help that happen. *sigh*

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's a lovely colour, it's just not my kind of colour. Also not a fan of the sparkles.

on 5/18/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a creme-to-powder blush, and I'm afraid of cremes drying out quickly, but this one still hasn't! The quality is excellent, it's creamy like a dream, smooth and stays smooth, and blends so well it melts into your skin and looks natural. On top of that, I love the color! It's fresh and floral (which sounds like I'm describing a fragrance, but if scents could be seen, this is how a fresh and floral scent would look like) and when I apply it to my cheeks it gives me a look of spring. It makes me look happy and awake and bubbling! I've heard people say they hate the gold shimmer, but the shimmer is pretty subtle on me. I suspect this is a difference due to cool or warm undertones. If you've got warm undertones, I don't think you'll mind the gold shimmer because it may look much more natural.