NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.4

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love love love this color. It's a bright coral with golden shimmers, which looks beautiful on my NC 25 skin tone. It's highly pigmented but if you're careful with the amount you use you can achieve a beautiful healthy glow. It's fairly expensive and the packaging is not the best, but I'll still pay for this because it's such great quality.

on 5/19/2013 11:50:00 PM

Very pretty light red cream blush with glitter. I thought it would be too much for my nw15 skin but applied lightly it looks very natural and gives me a healthy glow with some shimmer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my blush for work! I work for an airline that's why I need a blush that's long-lasting and would still look intact even after hours of not retouching. Nars Cactus Flower never fails me!! I got this at a discounted price (about 70% off) at a local forum, it's about 10% used when I received it (not bad!) Because my face is an oil mine, I tend to shy away from creme formulas but this beauty changed it all! It stays on my face even without setting it with powder blush, it sets into a powdery finish, reddish coral with gold glitters which is so pretty! Others may not like it's glittery stuff but at least try it first before judging it lol! The glitters doesn't bother me and looks quite "natural with a glow" on my NC20 skintone! Even my coworkers love it when I put it on. The glitters makes my face look smooth! (I have acne scars on my cheeks!) Overall, I really love this blush and I already hit the pan!! I would repurchase despite it's steep price and would gladly try other nars creme blushes too!

on 6/9/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color would be a very pretty coral red and it is very pigmented except for the gold glitter! This stuff is loaded with it and it just looks so unnatural when applied. I don't want disco ball cheeks!

This is sooooooooooooooo pretty! I've been on a "red" blush kick lately, and this is one that's high in the ranks.

I apply with a small foundation brush and finish buffing it in with a small duo fiber. It is very sparkly but do some good buffing and it's very subtle. I'm sure you could build this up, but it comes out very sheer on my pale skin. I usually set it with the TINIEST bit of Illamasqua's Panic and it wears all day.

On a side note, it looks AMAZING on the lips!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Amazing colour! Pigmentation is not too extreme, therefore I love it, it keeps the flush looking natural. Blendable and definitely buildable.

on 3/10/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

tried this on yesterday at bloomie's. went straight to the nars counter intent on testing deep throat and cactus flower. the only nars blush i wear and adore is "gina". cactus flower is a bright pop of fuschia, both blushes were beautiful in color. the turn off? the SPARKLES. what the deuce! how can you even wear this during the day without feeling like you are 5 years old? this is night time wear and even then, i already have enough shimmer on my eyes or with my highlighter, i dont need it all over my cheeks! it turned me off SO bad that i ended up going to the bobbi brown counter and bought my blush there. i dont mind shimmer but when its ALL that you can see, no thank you. i looked at my face and i saw glitter first, not the blush. i want to GLOW, not be a kindergarten art project. also, with a heavy hand, you can look clown like (and im pretty tan!), so be careful since its a creme blush. it was very hard to pass on the cactus flower though...its SUCH a beautiful color. luckily the SA found a simliar color in powder form AND matte over at BB. so pass on this...

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When a NARS artist reached for this blush to use on me, I must have looked at her as if she were crazy. I have super fair, pink porcelain skin (NW05-10, NARS Siberia, etc.), and this blush is orange-RED. Lucky for me, she knew better. I *love* Cactus Flower -- it adds such a pretty pop of color to my cheeks. The best part is that it can actually look quite subtle, too -- by adding a tiny dot of product and blending well, I end up with a barely-there flush of color, rather than looking clownish. As an added bonus, since I use so little, it will last for ages! I use Penny Lane considerably more liberally (which is one of my go-to daily blushes), and I have barely made a dent in that, either. My bottom line: Don't be intimidated by this shade -- while it's gorgeous on deeper skin tones, the very pale can wear it, too! I love it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my very first NARS item. I haven't purchased any NARS product since forever because it's really pricey (I live in Asia)! Got this from a swap. Anyways, lets go to the product review...

This blush looks really scary and red-orangey on the pan with a lot of shimmers in it. It comes in a small rectangualr case with suede-like packaging and has a mirror in it. Being a fan of all things matte, I was afraid to try this because of its shimmers! and being oily makes me wanna hate cream blushes! But I was wrong about my feeling towards Cactus Flower. It's creamy but when applied, it feels like a powder and blends like a dream! The shimmers aren't big, it's subtle and very gorgeous! My misconception ended when I applied it on my cheeks. I used a stippling brush to apply and stippled it lightly. Voila! A very nice glow!!! A little amount is enough for that healthy flush! I set it with my Ben Nye Luxury Visage Powder. It looks really natural on my skin! I would repurchase this product when it runs out and I MUST and SHOULD buy more NARS blushes! For reference, I am MAC C3.

on 7/9/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

This is a great cream blush for us darker gals (I'm NC45). It gives a great pop of orange to the cheeks. The product is creamy but 'dry' to the touch and blend easily. The colour is a vibrant orange with gold sparkles. Makes cheeks look naturally flushed and glowy. I don't find that it stays on as well as powder blushes h/e so I set it with MAC Fix+ to maintain the dewy look. Very pricey in Aus though..$78! :(