NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.6

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 10/27/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first creme blush by NARS after reading so many positive comments from so many bloggers. it lives up to my expectation! it's a cream to powder blush and don't feel sticky on the skin at all..unlike my Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick.
this is a very gorgeous color for ladies with NC40/42 skin color. the color is 'delicate shimmering poppy' as described in the official website. it is a coral color with gold flecks. don't be intimidated by the color in the pan. it transfers beautifully on the skin and diffuses a very healthy glow. the shimmers are very subtle and you won't be looking like a disco ball. i pair this with MAC Lady at Play and the result is stunning.

on 5/29/2013 6:36:00 PM

I really love cactus flower. I have been using this color about 5 years. The color looks shockingly bright in the pan, but once applied, the color is really beautiful with very slight shimmer. I do have one huge complaint. On the last two blushes I have purchased, the top of the case has separated from the hinges after about 20 uses. Very annoying as is big mess when the top comes off in my make up bag.

on 11/3/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a staple in all 3 of my makeup kits: home, work (tv show) and mobile kit. it my HG blush when someone needs an extra pop of color. works on all skintones, don't let the color scare you! its easy to use, very blendable and buildable color. i like to apply to the apples lightly with a stipple foundation brush. gorgeous!

on 8/19/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Cactus flower is very intimidating in the pan- BRIGHT watermelon pink complimented by a plethora of gold GLITTER. However, if applied with a light hand, this produces a gorgeous, fierce flush of color with a beautiful gold highlighting sheen. The beauty of this product is that since it is so pigmented, you can apply a very light hand for gorgeous and natural looking results, or a heavier hand for the more true to color, watermelon pink in the pan. I think even lighter skin tones can get away with this if they just use a light hand. On my NC30-35 skin, lightly swiping my stippling brush (MAC 188) on the pan gives me a natural flush, which is buildable if I want something heavier. This does not look as glittery on the face-I promise. It ends up just leaving a subtle gold sheen that produces a very beautiful highlighting effect. The texture is perfect- not too dry, not too creamy. A little of this goes a very long way, but I would repurchase if ever needed in the future!

Originally, I was hesitant when I first started considering and swatching this blush. I had heard a few raves about Cactus Flower and was looking for a summer time blush, so I thought I would check it out. The intense color is VERY SCARY in the packaging and the golden flecks are also VERY SCARY to someone who abhors a glittery, sparkly face. When, I swatched the blush on my hand, I still wasn't totally sold because I felt that it still looked quite sparkley on my hand.

Against reason, I still bought the blush. And I am just tickled, pickled and absolutely satisfied. The color melts into a rosey glow on your cheeks. The sparkle totally blends out - like a lot of other NARS products. In fact the product itself blends out so well, which is crucial for a color with this much impact. It's definite color, but it definitely blends into a lovely flush. For me, this is the perfect summer blush. It seems to last about 4-6 hours on me and leaves me with a luminescent cheek.

on 12/2/2011 1:00:00 PM

Amazing color payoff, buttery quality and it settles like a powder on the cheeks. Wears for hours and adds a beautiful natural glow to the skin. I am NC 42 for reference. Love love it and will definitely recommend and buy it again.

I've been wanting this for a long time, but haven't bought it because of the price. I saw it on allcosmeticswholesale last week and bought it though, because they had a depotted version for $18.99. It was well worth the wait and instantly brightens up my complexion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I give up with Nars blushes, I really do. I absolutely loved the colour of this - and I could even handle the obvious gold sparkles - but the formulation broke me out. This is the first cream blush that has done this with me - I've used cream blushes by Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder with no problem. The colour itself showed up as a medium bright red (with very slight pink undertones) on my NC40 olive neutral skintone. It was bright, but used with a light hand it was flattering, and a change from the natural/pink based blushes that I normally used. The only problem with such a bright, uncompromising colour was finding a matching lip colour, as nude and the mauve/brown-based natural colours I usually wear didn't look quite right with it, and I don't wear bright lip colours. So these two factors meant that I never used this much anyway. I've had my blush for almost three years now as I can't bear to throw it away, but now it's developed a rancid smell, so I guess that I should...

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE the color. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! tried it on, and just fell in love.... problemo: can't wear glitter at work. DUH! this would have been HG, but just like the reviewer a few below, found a matter version of this by BE. (See my photo for swatches)

on 12/11/2010 6:38:00 PM

Love this colour! I'm NC45 and this gives me a perfect glow! I've used NARS Torrid in the past, which I still and always will love. However, this gives me a more natural flushed look. You can apply using your fingers or a blush brush. Either way, keep the hand light as the pigment is quite strong.