NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I confess that this is a great color for me: It looks like I just came in from a brisk walk on a cold day.
I'm NW20.
I will say that the gold shimmer will go a bit crazy if you aren't careful. The first time I wore this I looked like I was all a-glitter.

I think wear time is shorter than a powder, but for me it leaves a bit of a glow even after 12 hours of wear.

I've worn it above and below foundation and love the "glow from within" effect.

The only reason I wouldn't buy it is that I don't enjoy the glitter so much, it's almost too big to be a shimmer.

on 7/9/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

This is a great cream blush for us darker gals (I'm NC45). It gives a great pop of orange to the cheeks. The product is creamy but 'dry' to the touch and blend easily. The colour is a vibrant orange with gold sparkles. Makes cheeks look naturally flushed and glowy. I don't find that it stays on as well as powder blushes h/e so I set it with MAC Fix+ to maintain the dewy look. Very pricey in Aus though..$78! :(

on 5/21/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this blush. It gives a glow like I've gotten just a little bit of sun on my cheeks. It is definitely my go to (in a hurry) blush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

wow. this was one scary blush in the pan... watermelon red with lots of gold... not something i would have imagined in a million years would work on my slightly cool/fair complexion (MAC NC15ish) - it looked way too scary, bright and warm in the pan. i'm not against red blush or anything - i just never thought i could pull it off!

expecting to look clownish, i cringed as the NARS MA tapped it on (he did tell me to "trust him...") - but when i looked in the mirror, although the rest of my face was pretty bare (clean skin, just concealer on a few key parts, a wash of MAC bare study paint pot on eyes, a coat of mascara & some lip balm - standard "i-rushed-out-of-my-house" look) and i had not slept more than 4 hours, my face looked lively, rosy & awake.

i was totally sold - it was that nice, healthy, just got inside from the cold kind of flush i'd been looking for - like some here, i used benetint to get that kind of a flush, but i think that cactus flower may replace it! on my skin it shows up a transluscent, reddish flush with minimal gold (it really is very subtle, almost like soft focus for your cheekbones).

i gently dab a SMALL, MINUSCULE amount on with my fingers (kind of melts the product so it spreads better) and blend gently, focusing on the apples of my cheeks - and voila, instant snow-bunny cheeks! you could go for a more retro look by layering on more, if you were a bit darker than i (probably looks clownish on me).

i do love all NARS blushes now (i now own orgasm, mata hari, angelika and cactus flower) - both the cream and the powder formulas. i love the compact with a mirror, it saves room in my makeup bag (i don't like to wear powder so i carry just blotting papers) - it also doubles as a lip stain under my favorite lip balm (kiehl's #1 in the pear or mango flavors), which saves a lot of steps. truly great for a low-maintenance/school look! i just hate the rubberized texture, it attracts dirt... but i keep it in my makeup bag so it stays pretty clean! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This color is absolutely frightening in the pan, but once you've sheered it out on your cheek, it's gorgeous. I would call it my HG red blush. I also have Exhibit A which is very similar to CF in that they both look freakishly bright in the pan. They both give that 'just came in from the cold' look. I also find that CF is a very wearable everyday color. I'm still trying to figure out the best lip color combo with CF, probably a sheer raspberry color would work best. Overall a fantastic color.

on 1/17/2009 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this blush! It's such a beautiful color and stays on forever. It does have some glitter in it, so if you want a truly matte blush, this is not it. But the glitter is really very minimal once applied. It's super pigmented, so I'll probably be leaving it to someone in my will since I can only wear it on the weekends (job doesn't allow glitter, no matter how little =P).

In short: great color, I love it, you need it. =)

on 6/9/2008 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Man oh man do I love this blush. Just gives me the best glow like I'm in love glow. Really gorgeous warm hot pink that would look good on anyone, warm, cool, neutral skintones.

on 5/18/2008 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This cream blush is fresh and beautiful when apply thinly on the cheeks. The shade is very unusual...something like light Fuji apple color on NC25 skin tone...

Compare to MAC cream blushes, Nars cream blush is much easier to blend with fingers and the finishing is not sticky at all (Stickiness is something i don't like about MAC cream blush)
Great blush think i'll purchase again.

on 10/18/2006 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

At first I thought this blush was too cool toned for my NC30 Asian skin tone but I decided to give it a good try and I was very surprised. It works well with my complexion and it looks brighter in the pan than it does in real life. Plus the shimmer is subtle.
Another winner from NARS!

on 3/30/2006 4:33:00 PM

I was so afraid when I opened the compact that it would be too bright. I mean, come on, it looks fire orange when you open it and I'm one of the palest people EVER! It actually is awesome. It goes on smoothly and leaves you with a natural flush. I'd recommend this to anyone!