NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.6

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my blush for work! I work for an airline that's why I need a blush that's long-lasting and would still look intact even after hours of not retouching. Nars Cactus Flower never fails me!! I got this at a discounted price (about 70% off) at a local forum, it's about 10% used when I received it (not bad!) Because my face is an oil mine, I tend to shy away from creme formulas but this beauty changed it all! It stays on my face even without setting it with powder blush, it sets into a powdery finish, reddish coral with gold glitters which is so pretty! Others may not like it's glittery stuff but at least try it first before judging it lol! The glitters doesn't bother me and looks quite "natural with a glow" on my NC20 skintone! Even my coworkers love it when I put it on. The glitters makes my face look smooth! (I have acne scars on my cheeks!) Overall, I really love this blush and I already hit the pan!! I would repurchase despite it's steep price and would gladly try other nars creme blushes too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my very first NARS item. I haven't purchased any NARS product since forever because it's really pricey (I live in Asia)! Got this from a swap. Anyways, lets go to the product review...

This blush looks really scary and red-orangey on the pan with a lot of shimmers in it. It comes in a small rectangualr case with suede-like packaging and has a mirror in it. Being a fan of all things matte, I was afraid to try this because of its shimmers! and being oily makes me wanna hate cream blushes! But I was wrong about my feeling towards Cactus Flower. It's creamy but when applied, it feels like a powder and blends like a dream! The shimmers aren't big, it's subtle and very gorgeous! My misconception ended when I applied it on my cheeks. I used a stippling brush to apply and stippled it lightly. Voila! A very nice glow!!! A little amount is enough for that healthy flush! I set it with my Ben Nye Luxury Visage Powder. It looks really natural on my skin! I would repurchase this product when it runs out and I MUST and SHOULD buy more NARS blushes! For reference, I am MAC C3.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I have really oily skin and had never tried a cream blush before. i thought it would make it worse but it was actually the complete opposite. I use all the NARS powder blushes but wanted to try a cream blush and i chose this one. and i m so glad i did. It actually stayed on better and longer than my other blushes. And to test it out i put it on and went to the gym and worked out for an 1 1/2 and continuously wiped my face with a towel, ran errands and came home, took a shower without washing my face and yet 12 hours later its still on!! that has never happened to me. And the color is gorgeous, if you're olive skin toned you have to try this blush. its a bright pinky coral color with a gold sheen to it. Its like a blush and highlighter in one because it gave me the most beautiful glow, it is the perfect color for summer

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently received this in a swap and the first time I applied it, I did so with the amount that I normally use when applying Penny Lane. Well this one is much more pigmented than Penny Lane so I looked like a complete clown. I washed it off and tried again, using my fingers, and pressing a tiny amount onto the apples of my cheeks. This was much better. My next time, I tried with a stippling bursh and I believe that this was the best application. I will probably use this one more often in colder months because it gives that "out from the cold" look and isn't too overpowering on my PPP complexion.

on 12/11/2008 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Wow, this blush is PIGMENTED. Beautiful coral pink that must be applied lightly. I was shocked when I tried to apply this sparingly with my MAC 109 brush, and it looked kind of scary on my NC45-50 skin. I had to tone it down with some powder. Next time I'll use a stippling brush and see if get better results. Other than that, it isn't greasy or oily like MAC ccbs and it lasted all day on my super oily skin. Although I think the color is pretty, Im not crazy about it that I'd use this up and buy a new one. Pretty, but I doubt this will become a staple for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got Cactus Flower about 2 weeks ago, and I just tried it on for the first time today. It's so gorgeous on my medium olive warm skin. It's a bright pink/coral (more coral in the pan than pink, but shows up more pink than coral on my skin) with golden shimmers that highlight your skin so amazingly well.

i take my 187, and tap tap tap and then swirl it onto my cheeks. you seriously can't go wrong with this blush if applied with a skunk brush and applied correctly. it totally brightens and warms your skin up, the golden shimmers add a very nice depth to the blush, making it more than just a pink cream blush.

also, if im not mistaken, but i could swear that there is the teeny tiniest hint of pale green shimmer in this. it's not weird or gnarly looking, it's so subtle and no one would ever expect there to be green in a blush, but i swear to you i think i see it there lol. maybe its the mix of the gold and the pink, i dont know.

so, for $23 i get a blush that is amazing and very nice to work with. this blends very easily and doesnt make you look like rainbow bright. i am definitely not shy of bright colored anything, and this is no exception. the packaging is the same rubbery black square nars blush compact and it comes with a mirror inside. i hate this stupid packaging. it gets so dirty. im anal and i need my stuff clean at all times. *sigh*

this by no means will prevent me from buying nars blushes though. i love them too much. this one gets an A+ from me. =D

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because of the reviews-the NARS SA told me it would be too bright for me but I didn't listen to her because from experience, I've come to find NARS SA's know nothing-and I was right. At first, this didn't look like anything special, but I've worn it twice (under Orgasm) and both times have received compliments. The first time, I was on a date and getting over the flu. The guy said I was glowing. The next time, people said my skin looked great and fresh like I had just had a facial. So I'm keeping it, and not returning as I had thought about before.