NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.4

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love love love this color. It's a bright coral with golden shimmers, which looks beautiful on my NC 25 skin tone. It's highly pigmented but if you're careful with the amount you use you can achieve a beautiful healthy glow. It's fairly expensive and the packaging is not the best, but I'll still pay for this because it's such great quality.

on 8/19/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Cactus flower is very intimidating in the pan- BRIGHT watermelon pink complimented by a plethora of gold GLITTER. However, if applied with a light hand, this produces a gorgeous, fierce flush of color with a beautiful gold highlighting sheen. The beauty of this product is that since it is so pigmented, you can apply a very light hand for gorgeous and natural looking results, or a heavier hand for the more true to color, watermelon pink in the pan. I think even lighter skin tones can get away with this if they just use a light hand. On my NC30-35 skin, lightly swiping my stippling brush (MAC 188) on the pan gives me a natural flush, which is buildable if I want something heavier. This does not look as glittery on the face-I promise. It ends up just leaving a subtle gold sheen that produces a very beautiful highlighting effect. The texture is perfect- not too dry, not too creamy. A little of this goes a very long way, but I would repurchase if ever needed in the future!

on 11/28/2011 12:32:00 PM

I have had a compact of this stuff for years. I don't know what it is about NARS products - but they last and last and last. This blush will seriously brighten up your face. The color in the compact is, admittedly, slightly daunting - but it goes on your skin silky-smooth (this is not an icky-sticky creme blush) with a beautiful, bright reddish-coral color. I use this blush primarily in the summer (I also use NARS Orgasm powder blush, but who needs a review on that??), but it's suitable for all seasons, depending on the look you're going for. This blush gives you a sort of "just-worked-out" flush (or whatever sort of flush is comparable to having just worked out ;) that actually seems to brighten up my eyes, as well. Slap on a little Benetint to brighten the lips, a few spots of concealer, and a bit of mascara and, my dear, you have fresh-faced perfection!

I've been wanting this for a long time, but haven't bought it because of the price. I saw it on allcosmeticswholesale last week and bought it though, because they had a depotted version for $18.99. It was well worth the wait and instantly brightens up my complexion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I give up with Nars blushes, I really do. I absolutely loved the colour of this - and I could even handle the obvious gold sparkles - but the formulation broke me out. This is the first cream blush that has done this with me - I've used cream blushes by Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder with no problem. The colour itself showed up as a medium bright red (with very slight pink undertones) on my NC40 olive neutral skintone. It was bright, but used with a light hand it was flattering, and a change from the natural/pink based blushes that I normally used. The only problem with such a bright, uncompromising colour was finding a matching lip colour, as nude and the mauve/brown-based natural colours I usually wear didn't look quite right with it, and I don't wear bright lip colours. So these two factors meant that I never used this much anyway. I've had my blush for almost three years now as I can't bear to throw it away, but now it's developed a rancid smell, so I guess that I should...

on 2/16/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This looks STUNNING when applied with a light hand on my bare skin. NC30.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will start by saying I usually stay away from cream blushes because of my oily combo skin. But this blush is amazing. I switch between this and NARS in Lovejoy as my daily wear blush depending on my mood.

Its not oily and doesn't make you shiny. It also does not rub off. I wake up at 5:30 am and have my makeup on by 6am so I can get out of the house by 6:45am. I work till 5pm and dont get home till 7pm and my blush is STILL in place then.

This give the most natural flush of any of the blushes I own (I use NARS blushes in Lovejoy, Torrid and Seratao) on my NC45- skin. The color is freakishly frightening in the pan; a very bright poppy red with warm golden under tones. But on the skin if used lightly, its gives a very fresh, natural looking flush.

I use this with natural eyes and lips (for me that means soft golds and bronze) and for lip color I use NARS lipgloss in "Sandpiper" for a neutral soft lip.

This color is very close to the shade of the NARS powder blush in TORRID, so if you have that one probably dont need this one. I have both but I love that this one goes on easier; I just literally tap my pointer and index finger into it and then run them along my cheekbones and blend. Instant natural flush!

Will buy again if it ever runs out, but I don't forsee that happening for a LONG time because of how little you use. Its worth the price. the compat is the same sturdy one as usual.

UPDATE: Still using this but not as in love; texture gets weird after awhile. have to really work it aroudn in the compact to make it creamy again. I have been using BeneFit's Posietint more and more for my bright cheek look-cheaper and works better.

As far as the "glitter" goes, I honestly dont see what people are complainign about. On my the glimmer barely shows but I think this is one of those blushes where skin tones really comes into play; naturally golden toned and brown ladies tend to look great in warm colors and the shimmer isnt very noticeable where it might be on fair skin. I get complimented ALL the time on how "natural" and "gorgeous" my skin is, even by the peopel in Sephora. one associate refused to sell me another blush because she said this was perfect for me hehe.

If the glitter is too much you might want to try Stila Poppy which is a very similarcolor but no glitter. I didn't like the texture of that one though; it was much sticker/tackeir than the smooth NARS formula.

This is one of my favorite summer blushes. It's cute water melon red with golden shimmer. Sweet, fresh, sunny and youthful. It looks good on me no matter I'm tanned or not. I can see the shade flatters lots of skin tones, warm or cool, light or dark. The consistency it great too, as all Nars cream blushes. The only thing I do not like about it is that it seems to make my pores a bit more visible, probably because of the shimmer. I probably won't rebuy because it will last forever.

on 1/17/2009 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this blush so much, it's such a feminine shade and has great staying power. I do wish it was matte but I can live with the minimal glitter because the colour and texture are so beautiful. It's a dream to wear. As always with NARS blushes Cactus Flower is a cut above the rest. I can see it as a universal shade as well, it'll even suit dark skins IMO, which makes it perfect for my make up bag as i can use it when I'm winter pale and summer tan!!

on 5/2/2008 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I initally went to Sephora to try their powder blushes in a coral shade because MAC's blushed didn't wow me (I looove MAC btw). I tried torrid and taj mahal on my face, whipping out the brushes and trying them on each cheek in order to find the best shade. While taj mahal looked great, i feel it would look better when I tan in the summer. I asked the Sephora MA which colors looked great and as I expected she said they both looked good (hey she was trying to make that sale)

To make a long story short lol she showed me the cactus flower and while it looked scary in the pan, it looks WONDERFUL on my face. It gives a wonderful pinky peach color with a hint of golden shimmer. Im not to sure about the shimmer but the effect it gives makes me look great. It really brightens up my face. I will purchase this forever! Brown skinned girls, this is the perfect spring/summer blush!

P.S- I understand what everyone means by the easy to dirty packaging!

EDIT- I took off one lippie since its soo glittery and I dont reach for it as much because of that. great color though