NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 10/27/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this is my first creme blush by NARS after reading so many positive comments from so many bloggers. it lives up to my expectation! it's a cream to powder blush and don't feel sticky on the skin at all..unlike my Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick.
this is a very gorgeous color for ladies with NC40/42 skin color. the color is 'delicate shimmering poppy' as described in the official website. it is a coral color with gold flecks. don't be intimidated by the color in the pan. it transfers beautifully on the skin and diffuses a very healthy glow. the shimmers are very subtle and you won't be looking like a disco ball. i pair this with MAC Lady at Play and the result is stunning.

on 5/29/2013 6:36:00 PM

I really love cactus flower. I have been using this color about 5 years. The color looks shockingly bright in the pan, but once applied, the color is really beautiful with very slight shimmer. I do have one huge complaint. On the last two blushes I have purchased, the top of the case has separated from the hinges after about 20 uses. Very annoying as is big mess when the top comes off in my make up bag.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Amazing colour! Pigmentation is not too extreme, therefore I love it, it keeps the flush looking natural. Blendable and definitely buildable.

on 4/10/2011 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have read a lot about Cactus Flower as a go to blush, but never paid it any mind. My Sephora consultant reached for it and I thought, "What the heck". This blush is totally gorgeous. I wore it on a night out and it gave me such a bright and fresh look without being to overbearing. This is from a girl who NEVER did the blush thing and is now in absolute LOVE OVER LUST with NARS Blush. I am an NC42/44 mix in MAC Studio tech and MUFE 170 (freckle face lady :-) )

I doubt I'd ever need to buy this product again unless it dried up. You really need to use sooo little of it, that it fricken lasts forever. Its a gorgeous blush with a slight sheerness like most NARS blush. It's fairly easy to blend if you don't powder your face first. I love the colour. Really looks quite natural on if you blend it right. Looks like you just came in fromt the cold! And really looks amazing on the very fair.

on 12/4/2010 8:28:00 PM

I had been using Nars powder blush, and loved it, but wanted to try the creme blush. I was afraid to try it because I didn't think I could apply it well with my fingers. Then I read some reviews that said you could use a regular blush brush. Well, voila! It worked wonderfully! I LIGHTLY swirl the blush brush on the blush, and then apply to my cheeks in circular motions, out and up to my temples. Then I apply a little more to the apples of my cheeks, as needed. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use!I don't know how the brush picks up the creme and evenly distributes it, but it does. I love the flushed color it gives. IMO it is a more natural look than the powder I had used. I am very fairskinned, and Cactus Flower, lightly applied, looks very good on my skin. Thank you Nars! Thank you fellow reviewers!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Nars Cactus Flower is one of my favorite cream blushes/shades. I have Olive/NC42 skin and when I put this on my cheeks, it gives me a pretty flush that looks healthy and natural. At first the golden shimmers are a little overbearing, but it doesnt take away from the great color that the shade gives your cheeks. To apply this, I apply the color onto my cheeks with my ring finger and then blend it out with a stippling brush. As with all Nars blushes, this is much pigmented and lasts all day. I worked a nine hour shift and when I went to look at my makeup at the end of the day, Cactus Flower had barely even begun to fade. Great blush that is well worth the steep price!

on 3/22/2010 10:13:00 AM

I honestly never would have tried this color if it weren't for Lollipop26 talking about it on YouTube and her blog. I'm a sucker for her recommendations, haha. I was definitely scared of it in the pan, which is probably why I never paid any attention to it but once I heard her mention in, I sought it out and swatched it. It is simply gorgeous on. Gorgeous! It's such a lovely spring and summer color. I've heard some complain about the glitter, but I haven't found it to be a problem. I use such a tiny dab and get enough color and not too much glitter. I dab it on lightly with my fingers and then blend with a brush. It's such a nice flush and it just makes me happy! Haha. I would repurchase if I ever run out (which would take forever since I use such a teeny tiny amount each time) or if it starts to turn since it's a cream.

on 2/18/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

From experience, the brightest scariest looking colours in the pan looks the most beautiful on the skin. Normally, I'm not a fan of cream blushers but NARS has the best formula IMO. The cream blushers turns into a powder finish which I love unlike MAC cream blush formula tends to stay a oily hot mess on the cheeks (that's applying it using a 109). This is described as a shimmering poppy, cute description and somewhat accurate. the shimmer is just right not to chunky like super orgasm blush, finely milled if that makes sense. When I apply this, I get a gorgeous natural glow, and I get many complements even from MAC MA's. This is definately a winter staple for me. I would repurchase this again!

I was a little scared that this would be too bright for my skintone NC20. But its not! It a very beautiful berry color. I apply with a small skunk brush. Be careful a little goes a long way. I love to wear alone for a natural look over my powder foundation. Some cream blushes tend to roll off or gunk up on powder but this glides on beautifully!! The staying power is amazing. I also wear as a base for powder blushes and they stay all day!! I think the color makes me look awake and fresh! Love it will buy it again but I doubt I will ever run out one pan will probably last a long time.