NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 5/26/2005 12:41:00 PM

I tried to love this product and I must be the only person to not love this blush. It is a beautiful shade of reddish/pink, but I found it hard to blend in on my face without looking like a clown. I will not repurchase.

on 1/27/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Possibly one of the very few NARS products I dislike. Pulls far too red on me, and it's loaded with chunky gold glitter. Hello mirrorball! Quite hard to blend on my cheeks and not worth the effort of trying.

on 6/9/2012 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color would be a very pretty coral red and it is very pigmented except for the gold glitter! This stuff is loaded with it and it just looks so unnatural when applied. I don't want disco ball cheeks!

on 12/4/2011 4:07:00 PM

I have a few NARS blushes, and I love them. And I really do love the color of this blush and I can stand the sparkles that it has as well. I bought it probably in September and tested it in stores and loved the creamy texture the Sephora sample had and the color is just gorgeous!! But, it dried up completely on me by mid November. I've had my NYX cream blushes for upwards of a year now and they are still just as creamy as they were when I bought them. For some reason this blush just died on me!! I tried warming it up in my hands to see if that would liquify it anymore, but it did nothing. I found myself essentially stabbing my blush brush in a NARS blush, and that NEVER happens. I'm not sure if the packaging was flawed and allowed air to get into the product, or what, but this shouldn't have happened. It's such a gorgeous color though!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I give up with Nars blushes, I really do. I absolutely loved the colour of this - and I could even handle the obvious gold sparkles - but the formulation broke me out. This is the first cream blush that has done this with me - I've used cream blushes by Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Clinique and Estee Lauder with no problem. The colour itself showed up as a medium bright red (with very slight pink undertones) on my NC40 olive neutral skintone. It was bright, but used with a light hand it was flattering, and a change from the natural/pink based blushes that I normally used. The only problem with such a bright, uncompromising colour was finding a matching lip colour, as nude and the mauve/brown-based natural colours I usually wear didn't look quite right with it, and I don't wear bright lip colours. So these two factors meant that I never used this much anyway. I've had my blush for almost three years now as I can't bear to throw it away, but now it's developed a rancid smell, so I guess that I should...

on 3/10/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

tried this on yesterday at bloomie's. went straight to the nars counter intent on testing deep throat and cactus flower. the only nars blush i wear and adore is "gina". cactus flower is a bright pop of fuschia, both blushes were beautiful in color. the turn off? the SPARKLES. what the deuce! how can you even wear this during the day without feeling like you are 5 years old? this is night time wear and even then, i already have enough shimmer on my eyes or with my highlighter, i dont need it all over my cheeks! it turned me off SO bad that i ended up going to the bobbi brown counter and bought my blush there. i dont mind shimmer but when its ALL that you can see, no thank you. i looked at my face and i saw glitter first, not the blush. i want to GLOW, not be a kindergarten art project. also, with a heavy hand, you can look clown like (and im pretty tan!), so be careful since its a creme blush. it was very hard to pass on the cactus flower though...its SUCH a beautiful color. luckily the SA found a simliar color in powder form AND matte over at BB. so pass on this...

on 10/27/2006 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really liked the color and wanted so bad for this to work on my golden NC42 skin but should have gone with my gut instinct and stayed away. A bright cool pink with tons of gold shimmer, this simply washed me out.

on 7/22/2006 8:10:00 AM

Guys, you let me down! What on earth?!?!? I love cream blushes but this has just about the worst consistency I have seen. Er, greasy cheeks anyone? Sliding off as quickly as it goes on? Unsophisticated glittery particles left on cheeks?? And don't get me started on using it on eyes and lips - blurgh! What a dissapointment. Guys, if you are looking for that sweet tropical flush can I recommend MAC Gel Stain in Subtropical - discontinued but pops up on Ebay now and again. Looks miles more natural, lasts for ever and generally beats this rubbish hands down!

on 4/27/2006 2:04:00 PM

Okay I am in the way small minority here, but I am not really down with this blush. Cactus Flower is extremely daunting and frightening in the pan as its loud-mouth neon coral with gold sparkles self, but can be smoothed onto the face with easily and blended out without any extreme effort. However, I strongly dislike the gold flecks that kind of migrate all over the place. Its just not cute on me! And I dont know what the deal is I LOVE bright blushes, but this blush seems to clash with my very yellow Asian skin tone. Whats up with that?! I really do look borderline clownish, despite my hardcore blending. I think this would look so much prettier on someone paler and cooler-toned. I do like the texture not sticky at all and all it takes is one little dot per cheek to get sufficient coverage. Lasting power is nowhere near that of the NARS powder blushes. It rubbed off completely after thirty minutes of making out/snuggling. Nice blush, but I dont think its for me.

on 5/29/2013 6:36:00 PM

I really love cactus flower. I have been using this color about 5 years. The color looks shockingly bright in the pan, but once applied, the color is really beautiful with very slight shimmer. I do have one huge complaint. On the last two blushes I have purchased, the top of the case has separated from the hinges after about 20 uses. Very annoying as is big mess when the top comes off in my make up bag.