NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.2

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 5/29/2013 6:36:00 PM

I really love cactus flower. I have been using this color about 5 years. The color looks shockingly bright in the pan, but once applied, the color is really beautiful with very slight shimmer. I do have one huge complaint. On the last two blushes I have purchased, the top of the case has separated from the hinges after about 20 uses. Very annoying as is big mess when the top comes off in my make up bag.

on 11/3/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a staple in all 3 of my makeup kits: home, work (tv show) and mobile kit. it my HG blush when someone needs an extra pop of color. works on all skintones, don't let the color scare you! its easy to use, very blendable and buildable color. i like to apply to the apples lightly with a stipple foundation brush. gorgeous!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I confess that this is a great color for me: It looks like I just came in from a brisk walk on a cold day.
I'm NW20.
I will say that the gold shimmer will go a bit crazy if you aren't careful. The first time I wore this I looked like I was all a-glitter.

I think wear time is shorter than a powder, but for me it leaves a bit of a glow even after 12 hours of wear.

I've worn it above and below foundation and love the "glow from within" effect.

The only reason I wouldn't buy it is that I don't enjoy the glitter so much, it's almost too big to be a shimmer.

on 8/25/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my dream blush!! I've been looking for a sheer red that would look like a real inner glow. Turkish Red seemed a little too brick for me, so I bought Cactus Flower. It is absolutely perfect with my fair skin. I apply it with a foundation brush, and you can start very light and add intensity as you please. The texture is perfect -- it really looks like a natural, healthy glow. It blends in perfectly with my skin so I can't see any tell-tale blush lines. As other reviewers said, it looks like you just came in from the cold. And it lasts all day on my skin -- I never needed a touch-up.

Where has this been all my life? I was on a NARS binge and decided that this looked pretty so I threw it in my cart and I'm glad I did. This lights up my entire face in a pretty, natural way. It also looks positively stunning as a lipstain on me I am soooo glad I got this one.

on 6/14/2007 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The color of this product is a knock-out. It is a beautiful shade of coral, which is so nice for spring or summer or anytime of the year when your complexion needs a pick me up. It is sheer but if you need more intensity, you can add more layers of color. Cream blushes feel so good on parched skin and I am very dry so this does nicely. I did not notice the glitter that other reviewers mentioned. But I do like my skin to glow since it is so dry. This shade works well with many of my Chanel lipsticks-Paparazzi, Rich Coral, Muse. Today I am wearing it with my Big Bang glossimer. I will have to investigate some of the other NARS cream blush colors.

on 11/23/2005 10:48:00 PM

To start with, I am a huge fan of 'Orgasm' blush, but I have to layer it on 5 or 6 times for it to even show up on me. I love the coral,peach,shimmer of it, though. At Sephora's the other day, I was perusing the NARS booth. There were testers of Cactus Flowers and Gold Member right next to each other and people had mixed the 2 up a little. I looked at the Cactus Flowers with the gold in it and thought, "That's 'Orgasm', only better!!" This is true. Forget what the Cactus Flowers looks like in the pot. It goes on just how you always wished Orgasm did--actually visible on you!! It is a very light cream and absorbs right into your skin. It lasts longer than Orgasm, too. And I do mix up the Cactus Flowers and Gold Member.

Try it, you'll love the results.

If you are interested, I posted on the 'Orgasm' lip gloss review of my successful attempt to combine 'Orgasm' LG with 'Niagara' lippie to get a lipcolor exactly like 'Orgasm' blush. Same thing--the 'Orgasm' lip gloss hardly shows up at all but is that lovely coral,peach,gold shimmer shade. What to do, what to do.

on 6/26/2005 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Only cream blush I've ever liked. Goes on best with a taklon blush brush.

on 6/8/2005 12:14:00 PM

When I bought this, the absolute last thing I needed in my life was more blush. But the color... oh, the color! What can I say? It's so scary fluorescent in the pan, it could be used to paint road signs. But if you believe there's a "rule of blush", it is that your blush should give you the natural pinky-reddish glow you get from a light cardio workoutwhich is exactly what cactus flower does. For me it's the closest I've gotten to blush perfection. My one criticismand it's a tiny oneis that, like the Multiples, it wears away rather quickly. But perhaps that's not being truly fair since Baltimore's steamy heat is enough to melt anything away. I've put aside Sue Devitt Vanuatu and East Hampton, Nars Lokoum, Penny Lane, Orgasm, et al, this is *it*.

on 6/3/2005 8:16:00 PM

This stuff is really good and the color is simply gorgeous, but I prefer Smashbox Skin Tint in Infrared better. ST's has better staying power, prefer the gel like texture and packaging. This just doesn't last as long on me and all but disappears by noon. I would still purchase this in other colors that I don't already have and SB doesn't offer.