NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.6

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 1/20/2013 10:47:00 PM

I just love this blush!!! It really gives you a natural warm glow.
But you have to apply it with a very light hand. i apply it with my fingers and spread it with circular motions. i am very fair the brightest fd in cle de pau and HD117. i don't see why people mention the sparkles though i used to stick to benefit dandelion for the natural look but now i know this is it for me. Compared to this even dandelion looks chalky.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BLUSH!!!!! For skin tone reference, I am a MAC NW40, and in NARS Tahoe. This blush absolutely melted into my skin. Even though it is a cream blush, during the application it feels like a powder. I am one of those women who is NOT afraid of colour, so the payoff is excellent. It is a blush that you can build. By the way, this is my first NARS blush purchase, so now I have only 10 more to go!!

on 5/21/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this blush. It gives a glow like I've gotten just a little bit of sun on my cheeks. It is definitely my go to (in a hurry) blush.

on 4/27/2008 9:07:00 PM

I waited to buy this blush because I couldn't convince myself that I *needed* it. I have so many blushes that could work just as well, right? Wrong.

I finally walked into a Sephora specifically to try this and constantinople. I tried constantinople first and found that, while pretty, it disappeared on my cheeks after a little while. I put cactus flower on and it brightened my complexion. I knew that I wanted to pick this one up.

When I got home I tried it on again to make sure that I didn't have buyer's remorse. Nope...still love it. I intend to use it daily. It brightens and makes my face look healthier but it's not so obvious that it screams, "I'm wearing blush."

note: I typically have a light olive to neutral complexion that tans to medium during the summer time. Right now, Spring's just started so I'm still light olive to neutral.

on 4/9/2008 12:29:00 AM

First of all, I am new to the site and absolutely LOVE the reviews and advice given here. Thanks to all of you!

I bought this blush after reading the excellent reviews of it on MUA. Like others, I was shocked at the brightness of the blush in the compact: it is VERY bright, but don't let that deter you. Its application is easy and the result is a dewy, clear, natural finish to the face. I have dark hair, dark blue eyes and fair skin, and I was surprised that this shade worked so well on me (I typically go for rose/pink colors) but now I am a convert. I don't apply it with my fingers. Instead, I lightly tap a firm kabuki brush right onto the top of the blush, then swirl the brush on my cheeks. Perfect every time! Yes, I would buy this amazing product again, but I have a feeling this is going to last for a long time.

on 1/27/2008 12:46:00 PM

ME: Pale olive, 41. Tend towards light/natural makeup. Worn blush on and off for about six months.

PROS: Long lasting, interesting coral red. Reads more coral applied heavily, reddish flush applied in very tiny amount. Gold shimmer, but not over the top. Enhances the cheeks without being suitable only for night (I'm really cautious about shimmer).

PACKAGING: NARS minimalist black. No wasted space in the makeup bag!

CONS: Not a subtle blush, even applied with a subtle hand. May not suit all skin tones at all times of the year-- in scanning previous reviews, I see many mention an olive skin tone or a tan as being flattering for this blush.

BUY AGAIN? Yes, but I can't imagine needing to. Although these product are pricey, NARS blushes are some of the most superior I've tried. (Chanel/Dior are about as expensive as I can sample here- no Chantecaille, GA or other lines in my area.)

on 9/23/2007 12:57:00 PM

Product - WTH is "shimmering poppy"? I looked it up and found: "also called poppy red"; "an orangish red resembling scarlet"; "a vivid red to reddish orange." IMHO this creme blush is a deep vivid red-toned coral or watermelon reddish-pink, with subtle golden shimmer. Color goes on true to the pan and is quite pigmented. Great not-so-innocent flushed color for my AAB/NC25 skin. Smooth texture, not greasy - but it's not the creamiest creme blush either, so it takes a little effort to blend it well. I apply sparingly and build up if needed; fingers work best (warms up the product and makes it easier to blend) but a foundation brush or creme blush brush works fine too. Long wearing, stays put. I like to dab this on my lips also.

Comparisons - The shade is a dead ringer for Smashbox Skin Tint in Heat, but Heat has faint silver shimmer to it and Cactus Flower has golden shimmer. The texture of this NARS creme blush is smoother, softer, creamier than NARS Multiples, which are much harder and drier.

Packaging - Comes in the same size and black rubberized and mirrored compact as NARS powder blush.

Overall - For my coloring, Cactus Flower is a gem among NARS creme blushes. Definitely would repurchase. continued >>

on 8/21/2007 7:08:00 PM

I have a wheatish NC40 complexion, and love the dewy pinched cheek look from this blush. Only con that would stop me from buying this again is the packaging quality. While it lasted me 6 months of infrequent use, the glitter in it has started to gum and separate the blush. So I can no longer easily pick up the blush with a brush. I hesitate to use fingers as it does not give an even application. I hope NARS can improve the packaging of this lovely blush.

on 7/18/2007 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really LOVE this product! I was a bit afraid of how bright it looked but soon the SA at Nordy's put my fears to rest and boy am I glad he did. The color is so sheer and it is bright but not in the way you might think. It goes on silky and has a bit of shimmer which really brightens up your complexion. The only thing with me (I don't know if this happens to anyone else?) is that the color fades after a short while. I have found myself applying more throughout the day which I don't mind because I love the color but for me that's the only down fall. I fall into the neutral skin tone catorgory and I really do love the way this looks on me. I say go for it. Also, if this isn't the color for your skin tone there are quite a few other beautiful colors that just might work for you.

on 10/18/2006 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

At first I thought this blush was too cool toned for my NC30 Asian skin tone but I decided to give it a good try and I was very surprised. It works well with my complexion and it looks brighter in the pan than it does in real life. Plus the shimmer is subtle.
Another winner from NARS!