John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

3.0

on 5/7/2014 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this along with the John Frieda Radiant Red Shampoo and I really like it. Of course, I still have some fading which is to be expected, but I do feel like this helps some, and every little bit counts. This product also conditions really well and is very affordable. So, I don't have any complaints. Good product. I'll definately repurchase.

on 9/4/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Dyed my hair red and I'm doing everything possible to preserve the color, this conditioner is really creamy, the color is pink so hopefully it adds something to the dye, left my hair almost completely untangled, very soft and shiny, today my chignon was sliding off because my hair is so soft and frizz free, smells delicious too, only con is that I wish it was more moisturizing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I only have the Radiant Red Conditioner, not shampoo, since I'm not *extremely* concerned about my red color fading since I actually prefer it to fade a little bit right after dying to make it look less intense and less well, fake.
SO anyway, I really enjoy this conditioner. I've noticed my red is fading at a slower rate, and always looks fresh and vibrant. It also SMELLS amazing; I love salon-like scents, if that makes sense. I leave this in my hair for 5ish minutes while in the shower, and not only does the lovely smell linger in my hair for days, it moisturizes very well, which it an absolute must with color-treated hair.

Don't see myself using any other conditioner for now :)
Price is pretty decent too!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I dyed my hair red after dying it black for 2 years. It took about 6 months, and I heard that keeping red hair radiant was extremely difficult. After a lot of research online, I decided to buy this shampoo and the conditioner, and I absolutely hated it. It did nothing to my red hair but made it fade into a muddy red that looked awful.

After applying the shampoo and conditioner, it left my hair feeling very dry and extremely frizzy. The next day, my hair was extremely greasy for some peculiar reason. I don't have naturally oily hair, so I was very confused by its state.

It did not leave my hair shiny, only drab and lacking nourishment. It also did not maintain my red colour, but turned it a really washed-out colour after two washes. At first I thought that this may be because red hair is extremely hard to keep up, but I have tried other brands since and none has left my hair feeling as dull and lifeless.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm surprised people hate this stuff. I've been dying my hair for years now, without a break and this is the only conditioner that brought shine and body and bounce to my hair again. The smell is amazing, this does not deposit color but keeps what you have and enhances it. I've had my hair for about two weeks now and I've shampooed a bunch of times and my hair is still red! Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the shampoo, it dried up my hair and it made it look so frizzy! It turned my highlights a muddy orange color after a few washes and it didn't keep it's luster and shine. If you color processed hair, I wouldn't purchase this, no matter how cheap it may be.

on 1/6/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was desperate since they discontinued Biolage Earth Tones and got this. I am grossed out by the heavy perfumed smell- it also doesn't deposit any color into the hair that would make a difference. I have colored red/brown hair and am searching for a replacement for my beloved Biolage Earth Tones. This drug store brand is not it...will not be buying again!

on 8/26/2005 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bouth the shamppo, conditioner and serum to try and combat fading on my deep-red/plum colored locks. The conditioner seems OK - not bad and not outstanding. Lightweight and minimal build-up - which is a GOOD thing. There is no objective way to measure if there has been a decrease in fading - but the shampoo, conditioner and serum system together seems to help.

I do prefer Biolage's EARTHTONES red conditioner a bit better. It is creamier - the John Frieda is more of a gel. Ah, if only those pesky reds wouldn't fade so fast.