John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

2.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I only have the Radiant Red Conditioner, not shampoo, since I'm not *extremely* concerned about my red color fading since I actually prefer it to fade a little bit right after dying to make it look less intense and less well, fake.
SO anyway, I really enjoy this conditioner. I've noticed my red is fading at a slower rate, and always looks fresh and vibrant. It also SMELLS amazing; I love salon-like scents, if that makes sense. I leave this in my hair for 5ish minutes while in the shower, and not only does the lovely smell linger in my hair for days, it moisturizes very well, which it an absolute must with color-treated hair.

Don't see myself using any other conditioner for now :)
Price is pretty decent too!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm surprised people hate this stuff. I've been dying my hair for years now, without a break and this is the only conditioner that brought shine and body and bounce to my hair again. The smell is amazing, this does not deposit color but keeps what you have and enhances it. I've had my hair for about two weeks now and I've shampooed a bunch of times and my hair is still red! Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the shampoo, it dried up my hair and it made it look so frizzy! It turned my highlights a muddy orange color after a few washes and it didn't keep it's luster and shine. If you color processed hair, I wouldn't purchase this, no matter how cheap it may be.

on 1/6/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was desperate since they discontinued Biolage Earth Tones and got this. I am grossed out by the heavy perfumed smell- it also doesn't deposit any color into the hair that would make a difference. I have colored red/brown hair and am searching for a replacement for my beloved Biolage Earth Tones. This drug store brand is not it...will not be buying again!

on 11/8/2005 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dye my hair various shades of red (right now I'm rocking "double intensity auburn red"), and John Freida's Radiant Red is the best line EVER for keeping my red color bright and looking true. The smell of this conditioner is absolutely heavenly, very fresh and just nice. It makes my hair super-soft and since my hair is pretty short, this conditioner detangles it nicely as well. I put a big dollop all over my hair and then let it absorb while I scrub my face, and then rinse with cool water - perfection! I picked this up at Target with the shampoo and am very impressed with the Radiant Red combination! EDIT 2/9/07: I don't use this anymore because I've dyed my hair back brown and don't need it. continued >>

on 8/30/2005 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this thinking, it's dark pink, it will help my color last. it doesn't. and it really doesn't condition so well either. if i didn't know better, i would think this is drying out my hair and making the color fade. if you dye your hair, this just isn't going to help it at all. i gave it a two because i like how it looks and the squeezy tube. i would not repurchase this.*update*i am actually throwing this away...my hair feels coarse and unless i use some other product, i can't even comb my hair wet. this sucks real bad, i took away my good packaging lippy because i hate this stuff. (and i am thrifty, so if i am throwing it away, it has to be really bad.)