John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Normal
John Frieda Radiant Red Color Last Conditioner

2.6

This product contains different kinds of parabens which are chemicals that can cause cáncer. After knowing that I will never buy this product again. Nor any other John frieda product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I dyed my hair red after dying it black for 2 years. It took about 6 months, and I heard that keeping red hair radiant was extremely difficult. After a lot of research online, I decided to buy this shampoo and the conditioner, and I absolutely hated it. It did nothing to my red hair but made it fade into a muddy red that looked awful.

After applying the shampoo and conditioner, it left my hair feeling very dry and extremely frizzy. The next day, my hair was extremely greasy for some peculiar reason. I don't have naturally oily hair, so I was very confused by its state.

It did not leave my hair shiny, only drab and lacking nourishment. It also did not maintain my red colour, but turned it a really washed-out colour after two washes. At first I thought that this may be because red hair is extremely hard to keep up, but I have tried other brands since and none has left my hair feeling as dull and lifeless.

on 3/22/2006 10:02:00 PM

I am not as sold on the conditioner as the shampoo and color sealant. It is an okay conditioner but I have definately had products that cost less and seemed to leave my hair softer. I do like the scent. The tube can be a pain to get all the product out and it is identical to the shampoo so if you are blind like me it is very easy to grab the wrong bottle! Also as I said with the shampoo-it does leave (washable)stains on your towels. they come out in the washing machine but if you like to use towels a few times before washing you will not want them displayed in the meantime with the red streaks. since i use all three products i can not tell you how much the conditioner contributes to the color lasting in my hair.

on 11/8/2005 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dye my hair various shades of red (right now I'm rocking "double intensity auburn red"), and John Freida's Radiant Red is the best line EVER for keeping my red color bright and looking true. The smell of this conditioner is absolutely heavenly, very fresh and just nice. It makes my hair super-soft and since my hair is pretty short, this conditioner detangles it nicely as well. I put a big dollop all over my hair and then let it absorb while I scrub my face, and then rinse with cool water - perfection! I picked this up at Target with the shampoo and am very impressed with the Radiant Red combination! EDIT 2/9/07: I don't use this anymore because I've dyed my hair back brown and don't need it. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this product so much. It keeps my red/brown/auburn color from fading so quickly. I have colored my hair a red/brown/auburn color for 4 years and it always fades so quickly. Since I have used this product, I have gotten so many compliments on the color of my hair. The smell is good, not too strong or unbearable, there is a faint "hair dye" smell in it though. This product is red and I was afraid it might stain my hands or the tub, but it did not. Great product for the price, I highly recommend for any redhead looking to elongate the red in their color.