Dior Backstage Bronzer Brush

No Image

2.8

on 11/25/2009 6:50:00 AM

This review is for the Holiday 2009 brush set. What a piece of garbage! As soon as I opened it the D fell off the key ring. The tiny metal rings that hold the zip pull are too soft to ever stay secure. So you put the D back on and squeeze the rings back together which may hold for 2 zipper pulls. The zipper gets stuck. The case is junk and looks like cheap , plastic, shiney junk. As for the brushes, they are tiny little brushes. I did not get the chance to use them since this is going back as well as the holiday makeup palette I bought for a friend. The packaging is the same and I do not want to be embarrassed by giving someone a trashy gift.
We all know the whole selling point of these items are the packaging. God how we love all things in their cute little place. The only place for this is right back to the store.

on 9/24/2009 12:09:00 PM

This is a great, super soft, fluffy brush. I was on the hunt for a full, rounded, natural hair blush brush and I found this. While I like it's quality and application....it's just a bit too big. Most blush brushes are too small for my wide face, but this one is the opposite. I find that if I turn it sideways (the brush head is a bit oval - wider in one direction than the other) and use the thinner side, it works better. I think it makes a great bronzer brush and could probably even be used for powder. It has a pretty silver handle and is on the shorter side, which I prefer for my travel makeup brush bag.

on 3/19/2005 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was such a disapointment. I saw it online and thought it looked GORGEOUS and the description sounded divine. I added it to my birthday list as a brush I really wanted - sight unseen. Fortunately, I got to see it before my Mum purchased it.

I saw the display box in Sephora and it still looked good. The bristles were all black as opposed to the brown shown online and it was a bit smaller than expected.

THEN (dun dun dun) I touched it...and that's when the disapointment came. This did not feel like a $50 brush. The bristles felt synthetic (though it says they are goat) and weren't tightly packed. It didn't feel particularly soft and I could see it getting scratchy.

For comparison I went and felt the Smashbox Powder brush I wanted to check out - it was way softer and felt much better than the Dior brush. I then went and touched Benefit's powder and blush brushes - which felt more like the Dior brush, but cost close to $30 less.

I know I didn't buy it and who knows - the display one might be different from those sold, but I wanted to give everyone an idea of what it was like. HTH!

P.S. I gave it 2 lippies b/c it does look pretty. :)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This new brush replaced the older Face Brush from Dior. The ferrel is more dense and there isn't really a handle. Therefore, this is good for bronzer because of how it distributes the product. I really love this brush! It works great with loose powders and with pressed. Great for blush too! It's expensive but it will last you a long time if you take care of it!

Popular Makeup Brushes