La Mer Lip Balm

La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the scent is really really good, and the balm itself is really sweet. Just like every other balm, the minty smell evaporates really fast (lasts for about 5-10 minutes). The consistency isn't too thick, and the balm itself isn't too oily. However, I think it is really really expensive for just a balm with the main ingredient as petroleum (same as vaseline). Personally, I think that Fresh sugar lip treatment is better, but La Mer's scent is better. I also think that the container might not be the cleanest because its not a direct application. Perhaps i might be hallucinating, but I have a feeling like this lip balm changes the colour of your lips after the application. It has made my lips brighter and redder in a way. If you are expecting a product that is going to instantly pump your lips and give you that WOW reaction, I wouldn't suggest this.

on 6/1/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is basically a light version of vaseline/aquaphor that's mixed with other appalling ingredients. It smells like a fruity bubble gum with a strong mint flavour. It doesn't seem like it's derived from natural mint leaves, just artificial candy and sugary ones.
More so, it hardly moisturises. Yuck.

To Read all 221 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/27/2016 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

45 £ for a lip balm...Sigh. I asked for this for Valentine's Day. I like CDLM a lot, had high hopes for this balm.
It's just ok, nothing special and not at all worth the price tag. It wasn't any better at treating my lips than my handful of other basic lip balms. It's a slightly waxy balm that leaves a natural matte finish and smells like peppermint patty. It has good slip and is easy to apply. Others have said it absorbed into their lips, but it certainly doesn't do that for me, it sits on top.
I didn't find it to be particularly moisturizing. It's no miracle.
It does create a nice canvas for lip color, and offers some barrier protection as well. But so do many other normally priced products. I gave it a 3 because as a balm, it's ok. I prefer it to Reve de Meil. But value for the money is ZERO. I'd choose Burt's Bees over this and Nuxe any day.
Seriously, save your money.

on 2/24/2016 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm definitely in the minority after reading all the rave reviews, and while I like many of La Mer's products and I'm happy to spend on those that work well for me, it turns out that this balm isn't one of them. It's currently $55 before tax, and I used it for a few weeks overnight and in the morning before leaving for work and I don't have much positive to report:
- I don't find this balm more moisturizing or any longer lasting than any drugstore balm
- I'm not a fan of the tin packaging, as I can only use it at home because it's not hygienic to use when on the go, I much prefer a stick
- I don't like the mint candy smell and taste at all, this balm really tastes sickly sweet to the point where it really bothered me. Overall, this is just a so so item for me, therefore I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love lip balms and I'll happily pay a good amount of money for a balm that's luxurious, effective, and sets itself apart. I can see why many people love this balm but for me, it was average. On my lips, it felt no different than a minty lip balm from a grocery store. Also, it dried my lips out after a few weeks. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

on 3/11/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the sort of product I would enjoy as a gift. I feel that any $50 lip product needs to perform amazingly; this balm is just good, not great. The minty scent and sweet taste are pleasant and soothing. The product is smooth and creamy to the touch and looks pretty matte on the lips, but not as matte as Burt's Bees. Easily the best thing about this balm is the texture. It sits on the lips in a way that makes them feel plump and protected. I have never gotten this satiny feeling from a lip product before. This product bridges the gap between slick Vaseline and dry waxy Burt's Bees. You only need a small dab for your pucker, but you'll want to apply a little more because it feels really good. The formula is emollient and suitable for a night treatment. That said, I don't think the jar would last long. Personally, I didn't get any results from the La Mer balm that I haven't gotten from Kiehl's, fresh, or Smith's Rose Salve, so I will stick with those cheaper options.

on 12/26/2014 10:06:00 PM

Absolutely the best. Fixed my chapped lips in a single day, returning them to soft, supple and plump. I ran out while on holiday and my lips immediately went dry and nothing else worked. So be mindful this is an addictive product once you start.

Pricey, but my pot lasted me 10 months with daily use (3-4 applications a day).

on 10/20/2014 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THis is the best lip balm I have tried in my life!!! It lasts on your lips for the longest amount of hours, its not as sticky as VASELINE , and it does not make you get WHITE stuff on your lips like Vaseline does. Its a miracle!! it moisterises your lips in an amazing way!

the ONLY problem, its so expensive! but it lasts for 6 months for sure. I buy two a year, which is not bad..

I recommend every girl to grab one of those!

on 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM

I'm going to get more of these!!! Smells amazing, like mint chocolate candy. I recently got really chapped flaky lips but once I put this on overnight, healed my lips right away. Price is pretty expensive but I believe Anything put on your face should be the best.

on 9/20/2014 12:23:00 PM

This is the best lip balm I've ever used. I got it because I wanted to try it out, and it helped me when I needed it the most. My underlip got a crack in it, and was bleeding and it hurt so much. I tried all the other lip balms I had; Burt's Bees, Kiehl's, Rosebud Salve, eos- even Aloe Vera and Vaseline- none of which worked. A bit of this balm on the lip and the crack vanished from view. It did take two whole days before it was completely gone, but from previous experiences it's taken much longer time.
I purchased mine i Oslo and the price tag there is abbout $75. I thought it was a bit expensive but since I've used the balm for more than 6 months now I'd say it's worth the money spent. :)

Popular Lip Treatments