Neutrogena Lip nutrition - passionfruit boosting balm [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.1

on 10/15/2010 2:20:00 AM

Most lip balms I've tried are very sticky/thick. This product is light and gives a little tint. Works great..

My lips were falling apart, so I bought this at Walgreens. It's fantastic. The texture is rich and thick without being goopy or sticky. The color (a sheer, vibrant red) does not overwhelm my PPP coloring and makes my lips very plush looking. It immediately soothed any discomfort from dryness. It gives both a natural and polished look. My only complaint is that it comes in a little pot, which makes for glossed-up fingertips (pretty! lol) , but I end up rubbing the excess into my cuticles and the problem is solved. I generally find Neutrogena products to be a bit touch and go, but this one is a definite keeper.

on 2/26/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I bought this product at RiteAid on clearance for only $2! I absolutly LOVE it!!! I have really dry flaky lips, so lipstick wasn't an option. It would look horrible around the lines on my lips. After using this product for a day, I already felt a difference. My lips were mositurized and felt nice. Lipstick now glides on smoothly and looks great! I would totally buy this product again...

on 1/29/2009 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My love for matte lipsticks and not wearing balm regularly is wreaking havoc on my lips. Constantly licking them doesn't help either. I wear this overnight and I wake up to seriously baby soft, renewed lips. I can even wear my matte lip colors over this, I just blot down the shine beforehand. Awesome stuff!

blah...total waste of money...

Packaging: Lightweight plastic pot, with a screw on lid that has a clear window. Not too cute, seems kind of fragile, and the pot thing annoys many, but I was ok with it.

Application: Product has a bright juicy red color, with a tinge of pink. Very "fruit punch" colored. Gloss has a smooth, non-sticky jelly consistency and is surprising shiny for a pot balm. It's very glossy! However, the color payoff is disappointing. I was hoping for more of the punch color, but it applies very sheer. There is definitely more gloss than color. Also, I was hoping this product would smell heavenly, since it boasts Passionfruit, but it has a subtle sweet smell. The taste is even more disappointing. It does have a sweet-ish taste, but no passionfruit flavor. In fact, what I detect is mostly...petroleum. I can taste the petroleum. I can smell it. And, because it's the #1 ingredient, that makes sense. Essentially, what this is is snazzed up Vaseline. Didn't seem to "hydrate" all that well either, it just put a coating on the lips and didn't really penetrate.

Longevity: Didn't last long. Were you surprised? With very little color payoff to leave behind, this smooth petroleum-based gloss vanishes in no time. Even the back of the package says, "For best results, apply frequently." They're not joking.

Overall: A nice little glossy balm that is more fun than chapstick, but not much more effective. A let down, overall; turned out to be a very average product. And a little spendy for a little pot of balm (seven bucks for petroleum?? hmm.)

on 8/13/2008 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Smells good, and can act as a lip gloss as well! Great to carry around in your purse, too.

on 6/25/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this product.

Likes are I really like how it makes my lips look - glossy and smooth with a touch of pink color. It also works well over lipstick. For a lip gloss, it feels good too - not too sticky. I also like the smell/taste - slightly sweet, but subtle.

Dislikes are that I don't find it all that moisturizing - if my lips are chapped, I'll go straight to the Carmex and skip this. I also don't think it is that special for the price. I've found lip gloss I like just as much for half the price.

EDIT! I have returned to add another lippie. I've tried going back to my Beauty Rush (Victoria's Secret) gloss and found it so so sticky in comparison. I tried a couple others and hate the way they feel on my lips - like a thick, sticky gel - I guess I got spoiled by this one. As far as glosses, this is the best I've found!

on 6/1/2008 1:48:00 AM

got this at half price at cvs. yayy. i like the sheer red tint, although its super sheer and doesn't show up that well...doesn't moisturize as much as I would like it to...this little chapstick I got at the mini mart at a gas station actually moisturizes better...it works okay tho. I like the little pot. Its cute. :]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Glassy finish and a nice smell, stay longer than many lip gloss I have (actually it's sort like a juicy tube in a jar, since I haven;t tried the juicy gelee yet). I apply it with a lip brush so it's not that nasty. Since I got it 50% so the price is pretty neat, I probably won't buy it full price though.