Fresh Honey Refining Face Scrub

No Image

3.7

It's expensive, but it's the best face exfoliator I've found thanks to the bamboo. Much finer than sugar, apricot kernels, scrubbing beads, etc. It usually lasts me a while. One lippie off because I'm certain there must be some knockoff out there that's as good without the exorbitant cost. Until I find it, I'll buy this.

on 3/1/2008 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

pleaseeee. I can make BETTER home made version of this myself. Don't need to spend 60 bucks on this.

on 11/29/2006 4:47:00 PM

This honey scrub is probably the best exfoliator I've found for my sensitive skin. The first time I used it I was having an issue with flaking dry skin and it really did the trick to get things nice and smooth again. The SA I talked to said the bamboo particles dont break down like in other products so they really get everything. I was sceptical at first as I usually find most scrubs will still leave some flakies behind, however this product delivers. When you wash it off you are left with clean glowing skin. Also its okay to use a couple times a week without irritation.

on 2/18/2007 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is definitely a high-quality scrub. The bamboo particles do the job without harming skin and the honey base is soothing and has anti-bacterial properties to help the jar from becoming contaminated. I believe this has been discontinued which is a shame.

on 11/5/2006 10:21:00 PM

I bought a travel size of this as a replacement for Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a Jar. The bamboo particles are fine and not gritty, but the texture is so weird -- it slides off my fingers as I dip them into the jar. It smells great though and I use it to scrub my lips as well (yum).
$50 for the 100g full-size jar. continued >>

on 1/6/2007 9:46:00 PM

Used this exfoliant for a year. Pricey but great exfoliant. After each use my skin feels very soft and radiant - actually feels like baby's face. Also, it erases my wrinkles on forehead. Will definetely repurchase.

on 11/25/2005 1:31:00 PM

Like all Fresh products the ingredients are delicious and luxurious. Very fine quality. BUT I didn't see any better results than I do w/ a drugstore brand like St. Ives or Nutrogena. I like Dermalogica much better for the price. Since I use my face scrubs in the shower I prefer a tube or pump. This comes in a heavy jar. The lid will break into pieces should you drop it on, let's say, a hardwood floor ;-)

on 8/27/2006 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Runny, odd-smelling, poorly packaged, expensive. Try this instead, ladies... you won't be disappointed: Mix one teaspoon fine sugar, one teaspoon honey, five drops fresh lemon juice. Apply to face, leave for one minute, rinse. Follow with a gentle cleanser. Your face will be soft and glowing the next morning. (It's better to try this in the evening, since lemon will make your skin temporarily sensitive to sunlight.)

on 12/3/2005 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is just OK. While it does last a long time, I find it to be really ridiculously expensive for what it is. Yes the ingredients are high quality and it does smell very nice, but I can't see that it is doing a much better job than other scrubs I have used from Kiehl's or other less expensive brands. That being said, it does do a nice job. I use it about twice a week and I my skin feels a little softer and not scratched up or raw - this is pretty gentle but effective. I am not a big fan of having to mix it with a toothpick prior to each use just to reincorporate the bamboo particles that have settled at the bottom of the jar. It is a fine scrub and it does it's job - but it doesn't do a 48 dollar a jar job. I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

You have to mix it, which is a pain. It's pretty expensive, and I didn't notice much of a difference in my skin.