The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Daily Cleansing Wipes

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Daily Cleansing Wipes

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sorbitan Laurate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sodium Benzoate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate, Citric Acid, Dilauryl Citrate, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Steareth-100, Steareth-2, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Tocopherol.

on 3/17/2005 3:22:00 AM

I love cleansing wipes -- they feel very cooling on my face, and are great for a quick wipe-down in the summer or when I'm too lazy/tired to wash my face at night. I have some Biore Pore Perfect Wipes, but I like TBS Tea Tree products as well, so when I saw the wipes in a store I bought them. They come 25 to a pack for $10 in a resealable package, and they work just like any other wipe. Wipes don't do a great job of taking off eye makeup though, so you'll need a separate remover for that...and if you use heavy foundation these may not take it off completely (I only use TM so wipes are a good alternative to cleansing for me.) I love tea tree, and so does my very normal skin, so these are fab for me. If your skin doesn't agree with tea tree though, or if it's dry, you might want to sample these before you buy! I only have two tiny complaints, the first being that the packaging is pretty lame. Although the pack is resealable, the wipes have the possibility to dry out if not used up soon enough. Also, the cloths aren't as soft as they probably could be. Other than that, I'll definitely buy them again.

So far, I am pretty satisfied, and I've tried these cleansing wipes 4-5 X. I have combo, acne-prone skin. For the last past months, due to a lot of changes in my life & skin care routine, my skin has been very sensitive and reactive. I have to deal with a lot of skin problems right now, so I try to find products that are gentle but efficient, which is kinda hard. Lately I've discovered that tea tree oil is helping me a lot. I've tried many brands of cleansing wipes but most were too harsh or not that much efficient. I bought a pack of these wipes, with no big expectations. I wanted something for my I-don't-want-to-clean-my-face-I'm-too-tired nights. ;-)

These wipes work pretty well, they clean almost every trace of makeup. Quick and easy! I would not recommend to use this if you wear a lot of makeup though. I like the refreshing sensation. They are not too harsh and do not irritate my face. The smell is a bit strong, but it's normal since it's tea tree oil! Haven't cause me any breakout issues. I would purchase them again! continued >>

on 10/7/2005 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Im another one who brought this with no high expectations. I have extremely sensitive and highly acne prone skin, and it doesnt help that I am constantly changing my products too in order to find my HG line. I cant comment on this too much yet, perhaps I will in a weeks time because Ive only just tried this today for the 1st time and they were so calming and soothing. Ive never liked tea tree to tell the truth but because all else has failed Ive decided to go back to the natural basics. Anyway, so far so good...and these wipes are far better than any other high end brand products Ive tried.

on 10/30/2005 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Refreshing, clean and with a "minty" feel. They clean well, and are a very generous size. I love the fresh and clean feeling you get when using it. Great Product!

on 9/27/2006 3:13:00 AM

These wipes are terrific (cleansing, cooling, remove make-up) with just two caveats. 1)the packaging is awful, doesn't really reseal and thus the wipes dry up way before they are supposed to! 2) The price is quite expensive for facial wipes!

on 11/28/2006 10:25:00 AM

I love these wipes, though they are a bit expensive. I think they are 10 bucks and you get 25 of them. For the value, the tea tree freshener applied with a cotton round is better, but this are worth picking up if you are traveling. I took them to Europe with me, and they were cooling, cleansing, and refreshing after a hot day of climbing Giant's Causeway. Also good to take on the plane, sine they arent a liquid you can carry them on and give yourself a freshening up, which is nice on those long transatlantic flights which leave you feeling gross and dirty.

on 6/23/2007 10:25:00 PM

I use these wipes after having my "hot yoga" classes. They don't irritate my skin and they work well on my acne. I highly recommend them and I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

There seems to be a lot of positive comments on this product but I cannot agree. First off, the package does not reseal properly which makes portability difficult. Second, they make my face feel somewhat waxy or sweaty after I use them. Clean, but.. filmy... hard to describe the exact feeling but it isn't pleasant IMO. The scent is okay and perhaps they are soothing and gentle but I have such oily skin that I need something that does a better job. Plus, I like a wipe that takes off eye makeup too and this is not intended for eye area use. Lame. I think I'd be better off using a wetnap.

on 7/23/2008 11:02:00 AM

I am currently using a number of the body shop's tea tree oil products after having a major breakout ( i thought i had left those days long behind me! ) and they really seem to be doing the trick. I use the cleansing wipes at night followed by the toner, the facial wash in the moring and i apply the gel stick directly to any blemishes.
I do not use this on the eye area, the tea tree oil stings your eyes, but it does a great job of removing make up with out making skin feel greasy or too dry. I think the packaging could be improved to keep the wipes moist for longer but on the plus side body shop are quite environmentaly conscious with their materials they use.

My husband and I both use these. When he goes to IRaq or Afghanistan these are so much more convienient than taking a liquid cleanser. And with him being a "dude" he doesn't really "wash" his face anyway. I like them for when I go to the field as well. They are quick, clean my face really well, and help keep breakouts at bay. Awesome product from an awesome company!

Popular Face Skincare Products