Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 12/29/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The name flowerbomb made me think I'd get an explosion of flowers. I expected it to be floral, different & interesting. Instead I get the usual opening of fruit & sugar. The sweet fruity blast is joined by a touch of non specific floral note that does nothing to reduce the sweetness of this concoction. Then there is a tiny hint of green notes that "freshen" the sweet, fruity sugar, a shampoo-ey note that further adds to the overrall clean feeling. The drydown is your usual vanillic amber drydown with the super clean non dirty non earthy neutered patchouli. This smells like your usual fruity floral. Light on the fruity, high on the sugar with a shampoo "clean "fresh" drydown. Viktor & Rolf should have called this "sugar bomb" I think that name is more apt

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My dh got me this after he got tired of hearing me rave about this fragrance. It is my absolute favorite scent in the whole wide world. I love gourmand scents and this is the best there is.

on 4/29/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed. I love floral scents and was expecting a magnificent, flowery blend because of the hype surrounding this fragrance. However, I hardly smell any floral scent and it's rather sweet, which I'm not crazy about. I compared it to juicy couture and danielle (two other ultra-sweet scents that were considerably cheaper and now collect dust in my perfume cabinet), and those scents even smell better than the flowerbomb to me (well, the danielle does, the juicy couture is tied with the flowerbomb). I will add the flowerbomb to the drawer of undesirables until I can give them away to one of my teenage relatives that don't mind smelling like candy.

on 11/11/2011 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

sweet sexy warm sugary. love iit !!!!!!!

on 8/14/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a fragrance you love or hate. I love it because it's different than all the celebrity floral fruity fragrances out there on the market. It's strong and musky. On my skin I smell the patchouli and the tea the floral notes rarely show up. I only own the roller ball and the scent lasts all day. I can only imagine what the full sized would be like. I think the roller ball is a great choice because you can really control how much is being applied, something that is a must with this sort of fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

The short: Not as potent as I would like, but a refreshing, mildly sensual fragrance.

the long:
When I first received this product as a gift in the winter time a few years ago, I was excited to say goodbye to reoccurring trips to Macy's to try this on. That winter and for a year and a half of wearing it later, it was my secret weapon...like wearing cheetah print or super fun undies, an instant dose of courage and excitement in my life. At least half a dozen times, if not more, I would put on a little flowerbomb in the morn, go about my day, and midday I would wonder "WHO is that person smelling absolutely heavenly?" I would sniff sniff, look around, sometimes look around to find the bearer.....only to sniff down and realize IT WAS ME. I was I was kidding and not making myself sound like an idiot, but really this happened more than once. That's part of what a love about this fragrance...not overbearing and pushy, where the moment you enter a room people smell you before you're coming and demanding you to smell them even when they're gone. But the notes kind of flirt a little, then draw a person in for more intensity. I LOVE that, but mostly I love how beautiful I feel wearing this (and I love it so much I don't save it for special occasions).
1 and a half caveats... THE PRICE. But for the amount and how long it lasts, I'm sure I would've wasted that amount on dining at a few bad restaurants anyway.
The other: I promise the flowerbomb I've been smelling in stores lately (and the one I am about to "repurchase") are NOT the same. The saleslady can try to convince me if she wants that they have not changed the ingredients at all and it's simply the difference in my body chemistry or the seasons (plausible, but I still don't believe her), but the fragrance smells so much lighter, as if they have diluted it some, and it's less musky. Nevertheless, I'm sure I will not feel the slightest bit less beautiful when I wear it, but I will update when I get my new one.

And in case it helps someone, I do tend to like sweeter fragrances (but so glad I grew out of my "pour some sugar on me"-like fragrances days), and I can not figure out for the life of me why anyone would wear No. 5, unless they are much older or have some sort of attachment to Chanel. I think if like woodsier or muskier scents (err don't take my judgment on notes lol) then I don't think this would be for you.

on 12/18/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I got the roll on size from sephora, and I had previously tried it many many times in the store, and wore it on me everyday I passed sephora on the way to work, oops...I love this scent and get nothing but compliments on how well it works with my body chemistry!. It is a beautiful scent! Guys love it too by the way on a lady!

on 7/15/2010 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I got this really cheap from a lady who sells tester-bottle perfumes so the perfume is the real deal in the real bottle, but often has a sticker at the bottom- "tester- not for resale".. oopsie:). I really like this, but have a major problem with the drydown. When I spray it on in the morning, it smells absolutely delicious- sweet, full and creamy but not in a teeny bopper Britney Spears Fantasy kind of way, its more expensive sexier smelling. I could see people turning their heads in awe as I walked past them. And what woman wouldn't love that? However a few hours later, it gets a lot less sweet and creamy and alot more powdery. I have no idea which note in the perfume is responsible for this. As the hours progress its gets even more powdery and even a bit sour/off. So much so that I hate having to be around other people. So while I still love this, its a must that I reapply it every few hours, not because I can't smell it anymore but just to avoid that awful powdery mess that develops. (this is kind of a good thing because I have too many bottles of perfume, I need to use them up)

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I spritzed this on my arm and smelled it through the rest of the day. On first sniff I was totally bored by the sweet, sweet, and more sweet opening. The dry down was more interesting but it never got really complex enough for me. I'm not sure why this is such a favorite among so many. To me it just smells "nice" but totally forgettable and 2-dimensional. I would call it a preppy fragrance, for someone who just wants to smell nice and wear a white oxford shirt and black pencil skirt to the office. It could also be good for college aged women who are still figuring themselves out.

on 12/22/2009 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

MY HG FRAGRANCE. Men come to me like Flies when I wear this great for fall...I dont know how anyone cannot love this scent my bff hates it but I also Love Angel which alot of people hate as well. I will buy this scent for ever

Popular Fragrances