Viktor&Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor&Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 4/5/2017 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This scent is the perfect example as to why you always try on a perfume to decide if you like it - don't just smell it on a scent card or straight from the bottle.

When I first smelled this in store, I just smelled it on a piece of paper and I thought it was awful. It smelled like a sharp, chemical flower. I then got a deluxe sample of this to try on and it smelled soooo much different. I find it very similar to Prada Candy. It smells very sweet but with floral undertones. The rose and jasmine in this are very subtle - to me it smells more sweet than anything, but not sickly so. It's very wearable, feminine, and pretty.

I'll probably buy a bigger size of this when I run out.

Their description-
FLOWERBOMB by Viktor & Rolf Eau de Parfum Spray for Women - A floral explosion, a profusion of flowers that makes everything more positive. Full-bodied and opulent, Viktor & Rolf's Eau de Parfum explodes in a bouquet of sensations with its addictive floral notes which leave their trail, like a whirlwind that is distinctly couture. A millefleurs around the freesia, Centifolia rose, osmanthus and Sambac jasmine, supported by a background of patchouli. When applying any fragrance please consider that there are several factors which can affect the natural smell of your skin and, in turn, the way a scent smells on you. For instance, your mood, stress level, age, body chemistry, diet, and current medications may all alter the scents you wear. Similarly, factors such as dry or oily skin can even affect the amount of time a fragrance will last after being applied.
My thoughts-
A perfectly composed semi-gourmand perfume. A gourmand perfume is a perfume that “has edible or dessert-like qualities. These often contain notes like vanilla, tonka bean and coumarin, as well as synthetic components designed to resemble food flavors. Another sweet example is Thierry Mugler’s Angel.
Top notes tingle with fresh and sweet accords of bergamot and green tea. Heart is floral and opulent with intensive, sweet and pure Sambac jasmine, seductive Centifolia rose, freesia and Cattleya orchid. Musk and patchouli in a base wrap us with an oriental scent, while its milky and powdery notes gently fondle the skin.
What makes the perfume worth its high price is the osmanthus essence.
Osmanthus blossoms, though not as popular in the West as some other flowers more commonly found, have the olfactory beauty of an intricate dentelle of fruity-leathery smells evoking plums, apricots and prunes hidden in the suede pouch upon a warrior-poet’s belt, as if taken out of a Chinese vignette. It's hard not to be enraptured by their at once complex and delicate scent once you experience it and they lend their delightful and refined aroma in many a perfume composition. It's apricot-smelling blossom, soft, pliable, sensuous, from an exotic plant cherished in the East. Pairs well with lactonic florals. Being over 4000 USD for a kilo of osmanthus, PLEASE DO tell anyone who thinks FB smells cheap to do some research!!
To me the tops notes instantly hit you with a layer of bergamot then subtle earthy teas, then all of a sudden I smell the Sambac jasmine which is rarer and not a strong as other jasmines from India or Egypt. Has a green, slightly fruity smell that drys into a sweet floral/ honey/tea. 8 oz of Sambac jasmine essence sells for over 1200 USD.This is nothing like the jasmine in Angel... it lingers for quite a bit then the orchids and roses comes out.
Centifolia rose, is clear and sweet with hints of honey, also Cattleya orchids are unmistakable usually a synthetic note in perfumes giving a powdery veneer to floral bouquets, sweetish and clean. But in FB it is not overly powerful, cloying, or generic like I find alot of perfumes with orchids.
There are orchids that smell exactly like coconut suntan lotion, butterscotch and cedar wood, cinnamon, sweet clover, roses, or baby powder. (If there is a “typical” orchid flower scent, it would probably be a generic cattleya, but more often the “orchid” note in perfume is a fantasy note of some sort. Vanilla is extracted from the seedpods of an orchid, so maybe it could be thought of as the quintessential orchid scent. To me, the most interesting thing about orchid fragrances is the huge variety that rivals the variety of manmade perfumes of all types.)
Somewhere sneaking throughout is something slightly peppery is it the type of freesia peeking out throughout the sweet African orange flowers?
The base note is to die for, I've only been in love with a rich Musk and patchouli base like this since I first smelled Shalimar. It's so resinous and deep. It's sexy and intoxicating. It a perfect home for all the gourmand and floral notes.

Overall
I love this one on me...my chemistry can really pick up all the different levels and notes. I really appreciate it.... But I probably won't repurchase because of price and there are some many perfumes out there. I usually don't rebuy the same ones over and over. I love the bottle it's gorgeous but the atomizer sprays wayyy to much. So I took a lipstick off packaging. No wonder some people absolutely hate it, especially when you already don't like gourmands or florals. OR they totally smelled the fake ones on Amazon or eBay. Those smell hideously cheap and disgusting.
As for people saying everywhere they smell this I disagree...I don't know many who pay this kind of money for legit perfume. I've smelled this a couple times and I live in a fashion- geared, very large city with over 8 million people. Anytime I've smelled this it's been in upscale department stores like Louis, Gucci, and Hermes. I ALWAYS TURNED AND LOOKED AROUND AND ADMIRED THIS SMELL...
***To the woman who sprays this around her house and in the trash bin because she hates it wtf. If you hate it give it away why waste such a expensive perfume when someone will swap you... why buy something and not even see if you like it first especially perfume?! ***
Overall I recommend only to make sure your not getting edt, which sucks terribly and make sure it's not off the Internet where it could be fake or sitting in the sun, improperly stored etc....

on 4/24/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

too heavy perfume for my taste..patsouli is so strong.............

on 5/30/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This perfume is fantastic, i always get compliments when I wear this! This is definitely my favorite perfume and I don't even bother buying other perfumes anymore because I know that I will always reach for this one!

on 11/6/2014 5:06:00 PM

I just a got a sample of Flowerbomb from Sephora & couldn't wait to try it because everyone raves about it. WELL I was instantly annoyed because it brings a flashback of a girl at the gym who apparently doused herself in this "fragrance" (I was thinking it was every single spray they have in walmart..) just the most sickening OVERPOWERING sweet powder yuck smell ... & It does NOT get AT ALL better when ur sweating like a pig either. I'm not exaggerating, one night it brought on the worst migraine of my life, not headache.. Migraine; curled up on edge of the bed holding my head, crying, vomiting & praying for death or sleep .. Whatever decided to come first. Thank god she seems to have found another gym & is victimizing other people w/this horrible vanilla syrup sickly odor that stinks up the room. Needless to say I will not be buying.... Yuck

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't like or dislike this fragrance. I think it's one of those trendy things, mostly thanks to V & R's marketing. Don't get me wrong, I use up each and every sample I get of this, which is a lot. But I would never actually buy a full sized bottle of this. Partially because it's highly overpriced for reasons unbeknownst to me. But even if it was average priced, I still don't think I'd buy it. Firstly, it's played out. I hate going somewhere and everyone is wearing the same thing. You might as well be wearing the same outfit. Second, it's genuinely nothing special. I usually save my samples for a work day, because I rarely get compliments on it if any at all. It's a strong, powdery scent, which is perfect since I'm a nurse and strong scents come in handy when working a long shift.

Overall, an OK fragrance at a silly price. But all the cool kids are wearing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have a couple of sample vials of this one. I do think it smells lovely, but it doesn't give me the same (positive) visceral reaction that, say, Coco Mademoiselle does. The staying power is good, sillage is moderate. It seems to say pretty true to its original impression as it dries down, which I like.
I agree with others who say it is fruity rather than floral. Maybe I haven't sniffed enough flowers in my time, though, and I'm confusing floral and fruity. The patchouli is definitely there, but not choking.
Overall, very nice. Like it, but don't love it. I won't be purchasing it unless they bring the price down to a third of what it is now! Yikes!

on 2/19/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As the name implies, I expected a bold floral perfume. Not. Even. Close.
Flowebomb is a *very* SWEET fruitchouli; the Big Mac of perfumery these days. If there are florals in there they are candied and drowned in glucose. I can't say I find it unpleasant because I like sweetness in perfumes in general but this is SO boring, SO trendy/fashionable, common/unoriginal (in the vain of La vie est belle, Manifesto, Si by Armani, Jimmy Choo and so many others) that bores me in just a few minutes. Kudos for longevity.

on 12/1/2013 10:48:00 PM

Love this scent. It is gorgeous and feminine. I get compliments every time I wear it.
Well worth the price tag.

on 11/9/2013 11:54:00 AM

I got the rollerball version of this from Sephora. It reminds me of a less flowery version of the Narciso Rodriguez perfume. Actually, it is like a combination of Hanae Mori and Narciso Rodriguez. This scent is very feminine but not overpowering. My impression is that the scent does not radiate like some other perfumes. After the first hour, you have to get close to the wearer to really smell the perfume. I do not mind this so much, but I thought it would be stronger. I would rate this four out of five stars.