Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 11/3/2017 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All around awesome. Does not smell flowery as the name suggests. It is not so overpowering, that it gives you a headache, but it is very long lasting. You don't smell it after a while, but the people around you do. It smells like powdery, fresh, not to sweet, and very luxurious elegang smell. This perfume is, a love or hate one, in that there is no middle ground. I am not a big perfume wearer, and much prefer body mists or splashes. The reason being, is that I have migraine and sinus issues, and this perfume does not aggravate neither issue. The bottle is very pretty too, the only bad thing os the price.

on 5/5/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Described as a floral gourmand, I had a very had time finding the floral. The amber and patchouli stole the show.
As a gourmand / spicy scent lover this appealed to me much more than expected. However, where gourmands seem to be a dime a dozen these days this offering did not stand out. I can't see myself reaching for this over some of the other gourmands in my collection. Silage was good, and longevity, it clearly lasted at least 5 hours that I noticed. Would not buy a full bottle but I can see why its popular.

" A heady mix of gourmand and florals, this sweet treat of a fragrance has notes of tea, bergamot, sambac jasmine, orange tree, catleya orchid, freesia, rose, and amber, musk, and patchouli"

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I really LOVE patchouli. I mean L-O-V-E patchouli. I understand and love strong fragrances. I wear Angel EdP, Youth Dew EdP, Aromatics Elixir, Obsession, etc, and I wear them well. But this... this Flowerbomb... NO. It is made up of all my favorite notes and yet, to me, it is not a matter of not liking it, I hate it. It is repulsive. Nauseating. This is on other people as well as on my skin -which by the way is impossible to scrub off. It lingered for 12 hours, turning my stomach -even after I showered. I have tested this one a few times, wanting to give it a chance, and each time regretted it. On the other hand, I LOVE Spicebomb on my husband and myself.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a really hard time with my Flowerbomb perfume. I never really loved it, I only kind of liked it. My kids were so done with me wearing Angel, that they urged my Mom to buy it for me, for Christmas, because they knew I had mentioned it, as a possible replacement. So, my confusion started there. What was this? Did I like it or hate it? Flowerbomb obviously is a unique fragrance with so many layers. Some people pick up a scent, so strongly & others don't pick that scent up at all! It's so strange & unique. I guess that would be because everyone's body chemistry is different, so that's why they're smelling different things. It just baffles me, how the range is so different...

Personally, I've always picked up Patchouli & a deep vanilla/amber mix, but a bit powdery after an hour or so. The patchouli scent is the one I personally hits you in the face & the others just linger. This is a scent, that doesn't go away. You know how when you're wearing a scent, after about 20 min or so, you stop smelling it, because you've gotten used to it? It isn't until someone mentions it, that you remember you're wearing it. Well, this is not the case, here! You smell it the entire time, you're wearing it! It NEVER goes away. When you walk, it follows you and leaves a path of scent. I can literally find my teenage daughter, when she's wearing this, by following the scent! It lingers, ooh does it linger! If you spray it on your clothing, it stays until you wash them in the washing machine! I've literally heard women at my gym, get asked to not ever wear it again, to the gym by the manager, because it gives so many people a headache. (True Story) When i heard that happen the first time, that's when I knew I probably needed to own it. lol! This perfume has properties that all those drug store, Pop Star, perfumes have. (Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, One Direction..) They all have that same weird scent. But, the main difference is that those drug store perfumes wear off quickly..

I'm now at the point, where I think my kids were with my Angel (Thierry Mugler) perfume... I CAN'T STAND IT! It won't go away, I can't finish the bottle, I don't want my daughter wearing it, because I have to smell it.. I've been spraying it in the weirdest places, where a scent was needed (Dog mishaps, son's super smelly room, shoes, bball gear, and the strangest place~ INSIDE THE GARBAGE CAN, before I put the bag in)😂😂😂

Flowerbomb: Oh how you remind me of the late 80's, early 90's.. You remind me of Stetson Cologne, that all the boys wore my senior year. You remind me of that party I went to with my cousin, when I first realized she was indeed a stoner. You remind me of the MANY MANY perfumes I had in high school, particularly one by Paloma Picasso, also as strong as the original Liz Claiborne, or part of one called Bijan (just one layer of Flowerbomb, though)..

There's a bunch of things it reminds me of. There's a bunch of things it smells like. There's just a whole lot of mystery and confusion with this long-lasting, will never go away, scent! Is it a hippy incense scent? A cheap mens cologne? A teenager trying to make a statement and find their "Signature Scent?" At the end of the day, Perfume is personal taste, it's scent is different on everyone & there's no way that one perfume is going to be perfect for everyone! This is an expensive perfume. I HIGHLY recommend buying a rollerball, a mini or getting some samples, before committing to the full size or you may end up spraying in garbage cans and bathrooms, like I'm doing, because I feel bad throwing it out!

Flowerbomb is not for me. I think at this point, my kids would love to have Angel back! Try it for yourself. You, too might end up writing a huge review, that just goes in circles and tells you nothing, because it has now confused you! One thing I can you, for certain is, Spicebomb for men is fantastic!!!! I absolutely LOVE that cologne! It is so mysterious, sexy and sweet! I would take Spicebomb over Flowerbomb any day of the week! It's like cinnamon & red hots, having a party in your nose! It's amazing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Omg i love this perfume! I can't afford to buy it for myself right now, but i am literally drooling over it! It is pricey, but when you have the money, I'd say buy it for yourself seeing as it's so beautiful and placed in several top perfumes lists recently. Can't wait to have it for myself!

Edit: of my entire perfume collection, this is in my top five. I understand that a lot of people are buying it for the hype or because they think it's going to be nice. But honestly. Hype may make something but seriously... never buy unless you like it, or love it! Yes, this may not smell exactly like its name, but i like it because of the long lasting, original and beautiful smell. (And yes, the bottle is so adorable. i had to have it!)

on 1/30/2016 9:52:00 PM

This fragrance baffles me. It reminds of the awful Britney Spears fragrance I got for my 16th birthday yet people from their 20s-40s seem to be all over this. It smells so sickly sweet and basic. It doesn't feel like this fragrance is well thought out or worth the high price tag. An explosion of various flowers is so overwhelming. I like my fragrances to be a beautiful blend of various notes, so that people smell it and feel intrigued, not 'how many different flowers can I wear at once?'

I mean, I must be in the minority because so many people love it. But I was in a department store with my best friend, and I sprayed some on a card for her. She was equally appalled and couldn't understand the popularity of this overly sweet sugar liquid. Some of the spritz got on her sleeve and she complained the whole walk home how it lingered and she couldn't stand it.

It's not that I don't like sweet fragrances. My sister was wearing Juicy Couture and it smelled gorgeous on her-that's a very sweet fragrance. I just really cannot stand the lack of complexity here. I feel like it smells the same on everyone and it gives me a headache.

The packaging is totally cute though. I'm quite happy to let this sit on my mantle.

on 12/28/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time i heard the name of this perfume, i wasn't interested (I don't like florals). Then i smelled this amazing fragrance on a sales associate and when she told me it was Flowerbomb, i had to try it. So i got a sample and fell in love. It doesn't smell very floral to me, so calling it "Flowerbomb" is a misnomer in my opinion, and probably turns off other people who don't like florals (like me, hah).
The initial first spraying (top notes) is my least favorite stage, as i can smell the earthy patchouli, and it almost smells powdery on me, like the scent of an 80's hair spray lol. That's strange because patchouli is actually listed as one of the base notes but i smell it first. Luckily this doesn't last long, as the middle stage and dry down are my favorite, because then it becomes this rich gourmand fragrance, somewhat chocolate-y/vanilla and this is where i can smell the floral slightly and the citrus, as it just has the amazing blend of all three. I get more compliments on Flowerbomb than any other perfume i've owned. It also lasts a really long time on me; i can spray it in the evening and still smell it the next day. Which is good, as it's relatively rather pricey. Love!

on 12/13/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first advice with perfume is to try it on and walk away from the perfume counter rather than buy blind based on reviews.

I had a good spray of this done at the Boots store because Flowerbomb and Spicebomb both were on promotion. After the spray my family and I walked out of the store and onward to the car. Once in the close quarters of the car, the olfactory assault began.

Within 15 minutes of the drive back, my husband complained of the scent. After 20 minutes my youngest son asked me to roll down the window or 'make it go away'. About 40 minutes into the drive (and another 30 to go), I started to get a headache and had to roll down the window for a bit here and there despite the outside temperature being 34 degrees F.

Once home I tried to wash it off, but it lingered for a long while.

As I had an intimate drive home with this particular perfume, here is my review of the over all smell: Upon first spray, I was taken back to the mid-90's when this particular style of perfume dominated the scene at various Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret's stores. It would be something my 20-year old self would purchase not knowing any better, mostly because of the sickly sweet smell and overtly floral bouquet. However, my almost 40 year old self was just cringing at this smell. While I acknowledged that this perfume would mesh well in the world of the young 20-somethings, I compared it to the younger crowd going after cosmo martini's and vodka and red bulls and weird marshmallow flavored vodkas rather than enjoying the 18 year old Dalmore whiskey or a good Buffalo Trace bourbon.

This perfume belongs to the young with underdeveloped noses who like to smell like candy. If I didn't know better about the basenotes of perfumes and I had to pick just one to start with, Flowerbomb would fill that void.

on 2/28/2015 8:48:00 PM

Headache in a bottle. Too heavy and sickeningly sweet. Lasts a very long time, not a good thing when you hate the scent though.

Lovely night time scent. It smells amazing but it is a little heavy so a little goes a long way. It is pricey though. Overall, a nice scent and not many people wear it so I like that.

Popular Fragrances