Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 12/29/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The name flowerbomb made me think I'd get an explosion of flowers. I expected it to be floral, different & interesting. Instead I get the usual opening of fruit & sugar. The sweet fruity blast is joined by a touch of non specific floral note that does nothing to reduce the sweetness of this concoction. Then there is a tiny hint of green notes that "freshen" the sweet, fruity sugar, a shampoo-ey note that further adds to the overrall clean feeling. The drydown is your usual vanillic amber drydown with the super clean non dirty non earthy neutered patchouli. This smells like your usual fruity floral. Light on the fruity, high on the sugar with a shampoo "clean "fresh" drydown. Viktor & Rolf should have called this "sugar bomb" I think that name is more apt

on 3/1/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I love this, I bought on a whim whilst Christmas shopping and it took a while before before I felt comfortable wearing it as it is not me or like any other fragrance that I own but I had to have it there is just something about it that warms me, I get more compliments when I wear this than any other fragrance, from both men and women.

on 12/18/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I got the roll on size from sephora, and I had previously tried it many many times in the store, and wore it on me everyday I passed sephora on the way to work, oops...I love this scent and get nothing but compliments on how well it works with my body chemistry!. It is a beautiful scent! Guys love it too by the way on a lady!

on 11/6/2010 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Flowerbomb was one of those scents for me that come along once in a while that is love at first smell. Annoyingly. So I have to buy it immediately. Since that day Ive lost count of how many EDPs Ive gone through.. well, around 5. After wearing it to death for quite a while, layered over the body cream, I feel qualified to say that the only thing that has the potential to become annoying to me is a slightly musty element that I think is probably down to the rose. Sometimes, though, that mustiness can be gorgeous and I find myself really craving it. I still love it as much as I did the first time but these days I find I reach more for Angel and Pink Sugar (both have been likened to Flowerbomb). Theyre like Flowerbombs younger, trashier cousins. Flowerbomb is a bit more snuggly and dependable. Its the kind of scent that makes me feel like Im being cuddled by a big, soft, life-sized teddy bear. That kind of scares me, actually, but you know what I mean. Flowerbomb was good to me but we both want different things right now. It's also quite expensive but then I guess it is an EDP and the high quality of the fragrance is very apparent. You know how some perfumes just smell cheap? Yeah, this doesn't. I love the bottle too - the dusky pink shade is perfect for the scent IMO. I also never feel particularly strongly about the atomizer but there's something special about this one. It will coat you in a fine mist of deliciousness. It seems to help make that initial blast just *explode*. Its candy-sweet, a definite gourmand and has a lovely comforting quality about it. Theres nothing sharp or sickly about the first impression, its smooth and creamy from the start (unlike Pink Sugar and Angel which both take a while to mellow). The tea (in the top notes) gives this scent a beautifully serene quality. Then the vanilla sexes it up a bit - not enough for me to call this acceptable club material but still suggestive enough for a casual date. It wont seem too try hard (it's not your fault, Hypnotic Poison and Dior Addict, but you can both give off that scary man-eater vibe sometimes). I love that its sort of a shy scent. It isn't loud, brash or screamy; it whispers. That doesnt make it any less inviting or sensual, just not in that Angel kind of way. It's more flirty than seductive. That's the defining difference for me. Both foody but Angel has that indulgent chocolate note whereas this is more cupcakes. It's like being wrapped in a soft cloud of delicate pink chiffon rather than heavy velvet. It's edible, cashmere-soft gorgeousness. I wouldn't call it heavy or strong but it is distinctive and noticeable. I usually like more complexity; Flowerbomb doesn't go on much of a journey but I don't mind because I love the sweet initial blast so much that I'm glad it stays true to the end. I have received so many compliments and it has prompted many of my girl-friends to go out and buy their own (I do hate it when that happens but imitation is the highest form of flattery and all that). PS Flowerbomb is one hell of a misleading name. There is no floral explosion... more of a Sprinkles bakery explosion.

on 1/8/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a straight copy of Escada Magnetism, no joke. I sprayed this at the mall and I was trying to figure out where had I smelled this fragrance before, and I realized its Escada Magnetism. Its way too obvious. I think the designers should have been a little more original than this. Two thumbs down!!!

on 10/3/2008 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is a new scent for me and i've gotta say WOW...ordered this on wed night off ebay @ decent price, 33 for 30ml which usually retails between 40-50+ and it arrived today. I LOVE it, it smells sooo delicious&feminine and i especially like how the faint remnant smell on me when its been worn all day is like toffee or chocolate , yummy. i'm one of those women who is a sucker for sweet scents, i guess i'll never really grow up lol! but theres something so warm and understatedly sexy about this & i've read here that men love it, I can certainly say its true for one guy I know who's been drawn to me for some time now lol....

I love its prominance - 1 pump is good w/out being overbearing on me, which is a breakthrough as most of my previous perfumes disappear after 30mins! Fans of Angel and Britney's Fantasy might like this but it being expensive and a little harder to get hold of will ensure that not every other woman in close proximity will be wearing it. Its alot more chic than Fantasy actually which i did like but got a bit sick of as its very common being cheap and i was a little ashamed to wear a scent endorsed by a troubled celeb! now i can wear a sweet scent by Viktor and Rolf- far more demure! i also recently bought 212 sexy which some ppl have said smells similar but if id've got this 1st i would'nt have botherd because the after smell of the 212 is a spicier and not as soft as FB which i prefer.

update Nov.09 This is officially my staple perfume,its all i ever wear i love it that much even when I try others i keep coming back to this (but i've learnt to cease use in summer as sadly the heat makes this headache inducing for me)

on 9/3/2006 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It's OK. I feel like this scent weighs the air down around me. It's toooo heavy, like Angel (well not as bad). It's good, but nothing spectacular, like a mix of Angel and Alien. Not impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Flowerbomb has won me over. Initially, when it came out I took a sniff and thought: uh-oh, another Angel clone - poop. However I was given a heap of samples by a nice SA and wore this to a magazine launch party where people couldn't get close enough to my Flowerbomb. I find anything too sweet screams 'I am a girlie girl' - in quite an invasive way - but somehow (like Coco Madamoiselle) this avoids that. It does remind me of Coco Mlle but without the near-aquatic accord - it's less cloying than Angel - has better staying power than Bonds So New York, is less weird than Lolita Lempicka... I wouldn't like to smell this on someone with a sundress and pink lipgloss on (saccharine overkill) but it's a good jeans-and-ballet-pumps fragrance. It shan't make it into my Top 5 (today: NR edt, Coco, Frapin, POTL, Farnesiana) but I have enjoyed my flirtation and may purchase eventually, when there's a gap in my collection for such a fragrance (Lolita Lempicka lives there for now).

Popular Fragrances