Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 11/3/2017 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All around awesome. Does not smell flowery as the name suggests. It is not so overpowering, that it gives you a headache, but it is very long lasting. You don't smell it after a while, but the people around you do. It smells like powdery, fresh, not to sweet, and very luxurious elegang smell. This perfume is, a love or hate one, in that there is no middle ground. I am not a big perfume wearer, and much prefer body mists or splashes. The reason being, is that I have migraine and sinus issues, and this perfume does not aggravate neither issue. The bottle is very pretty too, the only bad thing os the price.

on 5/26/2017 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I don't smell flowers at all. I am not a fragrance expert by any means, so this is definitely a layperson's description, but to me this smells like a gourmand version of Obsession. I definitely pick up the patchouli and amber, with a sort of vanilla, sugary smell that I've never noticed in Obsession. This isn't really to my tastes, but it isn't terrible and it is *definitely* not what I expected given the name. While it isn't for me, I do suggest looking past the name if you're scared off by flowers (as I usually am).

on 5/5/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Described as a floral gourmand, I had a very had time finding the floral. The amber and patchouli stole the show.
As a gourmand / spicy scent lover this appealed to me much more than expected. However, where gourmands seem to be a dime a dozen these days this offering did not stand out. I can't see myself reaching for this over some of the other gourmands in my collection. Silage was good, and longevity, it clearly lasted at least 5 hours that I noticed. Would not buy a full bottle but I can see why its popular.

" A heady mix of gourmand and florals, this sweet treat of a fragrance has notes of tea, bergamot, sambac jasmine, orange tree, catleya orchid, freesia, rose, and amber, musk, and patchouli"

on 9/22/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this scent and I think the packaging is creative/cute. I agree with the other reviewers that mentioned its lack of staying power. It only lasts about 4 or 5 hours on me ... perfect for a night out, but not so great for a long work day. Even so, I would recommend the scent to lovers of sweet/sexy/sensual fragrances. Personally, I wouldn't choose this scent to wear to work anyway :) I will purchase this fragrance again as soon as I find a deal ... MSRP is a tad pricey.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This scent is rather intense, and a little goes a long way. I get vanilla, deep florals, and patchouli from this. Maybe even a slight bit of incense with a powdery touch. It is a little bit sweet, but not at all in a cheap body splash kind of way...probably because it is a "well-balanced" scent, in my opinion. I like it a lot, and this is coming from someone who dislikes scents that are really sweet. To me, this is a unique scent that is quite difficult to describe, which gives it a "mysterious" feel. There's something about it that grows on you even more each time you wear it, although I liked it since I first tried it.

on 11/4/2014 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Favourite perfume ever!! It smells so sweet and sensual and I absolutely love it!! What's great about it is that I can take my clothes off at the end of the day and when I pick them up to put them in the wash I can still smell the sweet fragrance of Flowerbomb lingering on my clothing and I think to myself "damn, I smell good!" No seriously though, it is amazing!

on 3/11/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is Syrupy smelling. It does smell like flowers but it is creamy and warm and delicious.. I cannot recognize what I am smelling but I know I have smelled it before. This fragrance is alluring and makes me want to keep sniffing myself and it. It is not fresh but not cloying and overpowering. It is beguiling. It is not as powdery as Lolita but is in that family. This is a winner and the staying power is there. One spray lasts about 5 hours.

on 2/19/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As the name implies, I expected a bold floral perfume. Not. Even. Close.
Flowebomb is a *very* SWEET fruitchouli; the Big Mac of perfumery these days. If there are florals in there they are candied and drowned in glucose. I can't say I find it unpleasant because I like sweetness in perfumes in general but this is SO boring, SO trendy/fashionable, common/unoriginal (in the vain of La vie est belle, Manifesto, Si by Armani, Jimmy Choo and so many others) that bores me in just a few minutes. Kudos for longevity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used to wear J'Adore regularly, before I started becoming a perfume madman and trying a new scent every day. I just got a small bottle of this from Ebay, and let me tell you, this is a very distinct scent. Years ago, a friend of mine put a drop on her wrist and let me smell it, and when I put some on, the moment came back to me with such clarity because it smells exactly the same. To me, it is like J'Adore, in that it is very well blended-I do not get any distinct tea, flower or patch notes-and creates a veil of scent that is both light and warm at the same time. The vibe is different-J'Adore is opulent, darling, and Flowerbomb is sweet-but they are both sensual confidence-boosters, and what else could you ask for in a scent? If you like J'Adore, give this a try.

ETA 12/30/13: Changed the "buy again" from yes to no. I still think Flowerbomb is sweet (both in the frag notes and the way it makes you feel) and massively wearable, but I swapped mine in favor of other perfumes that play better with my body chemistry.

on 5/13/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been dying to try this based on the internet hoopla so I finally broke down and bought a small bottle of the parfum from an Amazon seller. I do not recommend buying perfume from an Amazon seller because I've been duped (on a Vera Wang rollerball of all things) but I digress. I used a bit of the parfum over the past few weeks and, although I really couldn't smell it on myself, I got several compliments. I finally decided to buy a big bottle. Yes, the price is off putting and yes, if you want this you will spend at least $50 but who cares if you like it. I shopped around and found an online site that sells full sized testers at a pretty good discount price (again, beware of buying testers as they can be fakes too - do your research on online sellers!).

The bottle of EDP I got is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. The scent is nice and strong and it lasts and lasts. I don't really detect a bomb of flowers so where the name comes into play I have no idea. On me, Flowerbomb smells more like a nice baby soap. Clean and crisp but still warm and sexy. It's one of the few perfumes that meshes well with my chemistry. When I find a perfume like that, I snap it up.

I know a lot of people are now poo pooing Flowerbomb because it's over hyped, everyone is wearing it, it's not "complex" enough, yada, yada. Personally, I don't care about any of that. If you like something and it makes you feel good/sexy/whatever, wear it. In this case, I'm glad I listened to the hype because I adore this scent. I couldn't give a toss if it's not considered sophisticated or complex enough for the perfume snobs out there. At the end of the day, it's all smelly alcohol we douse ourselves in to boost our own moods so wear what you like.

Popular Fragrances