Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.7

on 4/5/2017 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This scent is the perfect example as to why you always try on a perfume to decide if you like it - don't just smell it on a scent card or straight from the bottle.

When I first smelled this in store, I just smelled it on a piece of paper and I thought it was awful. It smelled like a sharp, chemical flower. I then got a deluxe sample of this to try on and it smelled soooo much different. I find it very similar to Prada Candy. It smells very sweet but with floral undertones. The rose and jasmine in this are very subtle - to me it smells more sweet than anything, but not sickly so. It's very wearable, feminine, and pretty.

I'll probably buy a bigger size of this when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a very pretty fragrance - a sweet, lightly creamy white floral. There's an intriguing candied note, but it's not overly saccharine. Flowerbomb is quite strong, with all day lasting power and a sillage that calls for sparing application. For my part, I can't tell the difference between Flowerbomb and BBW Sensual Amber, which no longer exists in any concentrated fragrance form.

Every time Sephora gives me a sample of Flowerbomb, I'm gently seduced all over again, and I'm sure I'll eventually end up giving it a test run as an everyday fragrance. It seems like it would fit in all year round. I usually prefer more "niche" scents (see my review of Secretions Magnifiques), so I'm wary of investing in such a pricy scent only to get bored, but I'm tempted!

on 3/11/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know it is a huge seller but it's just not for me. Too powdery, too flowery, too sweet, too generic. Nothing special except a cute name and bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a really hard time with my Flowerbomb perfume. I never really loved it, I only kind of liked it. My kids were so done with me wearing Angel, that they urged my Mom to buy it for me, for Christmas, because they knew I had mentioned it, as a possible replacement. So, my confusion started there. What was this? Did I like it or hate it? Flowerbomb obviously is a unique fragrance with so many layers. Some people pick up a scent, so strongly & others don't pick that scent up at all! It's so strange & unique. I guess that would be because everyone's body chemistry is different, so that's why they're smelling different things. It just baffles me, how the range is so different...

Personally, I've always picked up Patchouli & a deep vanilla/amber mix, but a bit powdery after an hour or so. The patchouli scent is the one I personally hits you in the face & the others just linger. This is a scent, that doesn't go away. You know how when you're wearing a scent, after about 20 min or so, you stop smelling it, because you've gotten used to it? It isn't until someone mentions it, that you remember you're wearing it. Well, this is not the case, here! You smell it the entire time, you're wearing it! It NEVER goes away. When you walk, it follows you and leaves a path of scent. I can literally find my teenage daughter, when she's wearing this, by following the scent! It lingers, ooh does it linger! If you spray it on your clothing, it stays until you wash them in the washing machine! I've literally heard women at my gym, get asked to not ever wear it again, to the gym by the manager, because it gives so many people a headache. (True Story) When i heard that happen the first time, that's when I knew I probably needed to own it. lol! This perfume has properties that all those drug store, Pop Star, perfumes have. (Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, One Direction..) They all have that same weird scent. But, the main difference is that those drug store perfumes wear off quickly..

I'm now at the point, where I think my kids were with my Angel (Thierry Mugler) perfume... I CAN'T STAND IT! It won't go away, I can't finish the bottle, I don't want my daughter wearing it, because I have to smell it.. I've been spraying it in the weirdest places, where a scent was needed (Dog mishaps, son's super smelly room, shoes, bball gear, and the strangest place~ INSIDE THE GARBAGE CAN, before I put the bag in)😂😂😂

Flowerbomb: Oh how you remind me of the late 80's, early 90's.. You remind me of Stetson Cologne, that all the boys wore my senior year. You remind me of that party I went to with my cousin, when I first realized she was indeed a stoner. You remind me of the MANY MANY perfumes I had in high school, particularly one by Paloma Picasso, also as strong as the original Liz Claiborne, or part of one called Bijan (just one layer of Flowerbomb, though)..

There's a bunch of things it reminds me of. There's a bunch of things it smells like. There's just a whole lot of mystery and confusion with this long-lasting, will never go away, scent! Is it a hippy incense scent? A cheap mens cologne? A teenager trying to make a statement and find their "Signature Scent?" At the end of the day, Perfume is personal taste, it's scent is different on everyone & there's no way that one perfume is going to be perfect for everyone! This is an expensive perfume. I HIGHLY recommend buying a rollerball, a mini or getting some samples, before committing to the full size or you may end up spraying in garbage cans and bathrooms, like I'm doing, because I feel bad throwing it out!

Flowerbomb is not for me. I think at this point, my kids would love to have Angel back! Try it for yourself. You, too might end up writing a huge review, that just goes in circles and tells you nothing, because it has now confused you! One thing I can you, for certain is, Spicebomb for men is fantastic!!!! I absolutely LOVE that cologne! It is so mysterious, sexy and sweet! I would take Spicebomb over Flowerbomb any day of the week! It's like cinnamon & red hots, having a party in your nose! It's amazing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially heard about Flowerbomb after I heard an Owl City song (If My Heart Was A House). I decided to go out and give it a sniff. I was so intrigued by it because I usually hate floral scents, but there is something about this one. It is so fresh and luxurious, definitely not a grandma floral. It is almost a sophisticated candy/gourmand scent with a hint of floral, depth and freshness all at once. It gives you this 'aura' of scent around you. I always get compliments and I get asked what I'm wearing! After about two years of testing and contemplation I finally picked this up! I love this perfume. It's one of the few perfumes that I didn't get sick of after years of smelling it over and over. I purchased the small refillable (22ml) size for $35 CAD at Sephora, so it wasn't too much of a splurge.

TLDR; Hands-down best perfume for me. I never get sick of it.

on 12/13/2015 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

My first advice with perfume is to try it on and walk away from the perfume counter rather than buy blind based on reviews.

I had a good spray of this done at the Boots store because Flowerbomb and Spicebomb both were on promotion. After the spray my family and I walked out of the store and onward to the car. Once in the close quarters of the car, the olfactory assault began.

Within 15 minutes of the drive back, my husband complained of the scent. After 20 minutes my youngest son asked me to roll down the window or 'make it go away'. About 40 minutes into the drive (and another 30 to go), I started to get a headache and had to roll down the window for a bit here and there despite the outside temperature being 34 degrees F.

Once home I tried to wash it off, but it lingered for a long while.

As I had an intimate drive home with this particular perfume, here is my review of the over all smell: Upon first spray, I was taken back to the mid-90's when this particular style of perfume dominated the scene at various Bath and Body Works and Victoria Secret's stores. It would be something my 20-year old self would purchase not knowing any better, mostly because of the sickly sweet smell and overtly floral bouquet. However, my almost 40 year old self was just cringing at this smell. While I acknowledged that this perfume would mesh well in the world of the young 20-somethings, I compared it to the younger crowd going after cosmo martini's and vodka and red bulls and weird marshmallow flavored vodkas rather than enjoying the 18 year old Dalmore whiskey or a good Buffalo Trace bourbon.

This perfume belongs to the young with underdeveloped noses who like to smell like candy. If I didn't know better about the basenotes of perfumes and I had to pick just one to start with, Flowerbomb would fill that void.

on 6/3/2015 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Way too sweet. There are some florals in this but it mostly smells like sugar. Might be ok for a teenager but then again they can probably find something much cheaper. A mixture of sickly sweetness and the way a magazine smells when it has multiple perfume samples in it. Overpowering.

on 5/30/2015 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This perfume is fantastic, i always get compliments when I wear this! This is definitely my favorite perfume and I don't even bother buying other perfumes anymore because I know that I will always reach for this one!

on 12/18/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I was bought this perfume as an 18th birthday present by my daughter-less uncle, and the best that I can say is that it's alright. It's by no means a bad scent, just incredibly sugary and sweet - not necessarily my type. However, most of my friends and coworkers really do love the smell of it, and the packaging is understated and pretty.

on 10/24/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The first time I smelled it on a lady she was the nurse at my allergist. I asked," are you wearing Obsession?" I smelled the oriental instead of the Flower Bomb first. I liked it enough to invest in a 3.4 oz bottle. I got it from Saks they had a nice bonus with it. I should say more about the scent! I live where I don't have many options except online. Ulta doesn't carry it. The reason I was willing to buy such a big bottle is I don't want to feel skimpy about using it. The biggest bottle of fragrance I've ever gotten was Chanel no5 eau premiere it's 5 full oz! I would try it if you never have it is what the kids are wearing!

Popular Fragrances