Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.6

on 11/3/2017 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All around awesome. Does not smell flowery as the name suggests. It is not so overpowering, that it gives you a headache, but it is very long lasting. You don't smell it after a while, but the people around you do. It smells like powdery, fresh, not to sweet, and very luxurious elegang smell. This perfume is, a love or hate one, in that there is no middle ground. I am not a big perfume wearer, and much prefer body mists or splashes. The reason being, is that I have migraine and sinus issues, and this perfume does not aggravate neither issue. The bottle is very pretty too, the only bad thing os the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a very pretty fragrance - a sweet, lightly creamy white floral. There's an intriguing candied note, but it's not overly saccharine. Flowerbomb is quite strong, with all day lasting power and a sillage that calls for sparing application. For my part, I can't tell the difference between Flowerbomb and BBW Sensual Amber, which no longer exists in any concentrated fragrance form.

Every time Sephora gives me a sample of Flowerbomb, I'm gently seduced all over again, and I'm sure I'll eventually end up giving it a test run as an everyday fragrance. It seems like it would fit in all year round. I usually prefer more "niche" scents (see my review of Secretions Magnifiques), so I'm wary of investing in such a pricy scent only to get bored, but I'm tempted!

on 9/22/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this scent and I think the packaging is creative/cute. I agree with the other reviewers that mentioned its lack of staying power. It only lasts about 4 or 5 hours on me ... perfect for a night out, but not so great for a long work day. Even so, I would recommend the scent to lovers of sweet/sexy/sensual fragrances. Personally, I wouldn't choose this scent to wear to work anyway :) I will purchase this fragrance again as soon as I find a deal ... MSRP is a tad pricey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG perfume, here is why:

1. This scent smells different on everyone. When spraying it on the paper at Sephora, it was too patchouli, too strong, but on my skin it warms up to be more feminine, sweet, soft but still strong.

2. Lasts forever on the skin and has a great throw, so you'll be smelling amazing to all for hours!

3. This scent has enough warmth to be a perfect winter scent, but has a light sweetness for summer, a perfect year round fragrance!

4. Bonus! I bought this when I first met my husband, our first summer of love, so I'm a bit biased!

5. Packaging: No, you don't get a ton of fragrance for your buck, but come on, that packaging, that grenade, that beautiful pink fluid is to die for!

Overall I can't live without this fragrance! Highly recommend!

Their description-
FLOWERBOMB by Viktor & Rolf Eau de Parfum Spray for Women - A floral explosion, a profusion of flowers that makes everything more positive. Full-bodied and opulent, Viktor & Rolf's Eau de Parfum explodes in a bouquet of sensations with its addictive floral notes which leave their trail, like a whirlwind that is distinctly couture. A millefleurs around the freesia, Centifolia rose, osmanthus and Sambac jasmine, supported by a background of patchouli. When applying any fragrance please consider that there are several factors which can affect the natural smell of your skin and, in turn, the way a scent smells on you. For instance, your mood, stress level, age, body chemistry, diet, and current medications may all alter the scents you wear. Similarly, factors such as dry or oily skin can even affect the amount of time a fragrance will last after being applied.
My thoughts-
A perfectly composed semi-gourmand perfume. A gourmand perfume is a perfume that “has edible or dessert-like qualities. These often contain notes like vanilla, tonka bean and coumarin, as well as synthetic components designed to resemble food flavors. Another sweet example is Thierry Mugler’s Angel.
Top notes tingle with fresh and sweet accords of bergamot and green tea. Heart is floral and opulent with intensive, sweet and pure Sambac jasmine, seductive Centifolia rose, freesia and Cattleya orchid. Musk and patchouli in a base wrap us with an oriental scent, while its milky and powdery notes gently fondle the skin.
What makes the perfume worth its high price is the osmanthus essence.
Osmanthus blossoms, though not as popular in the West as some other flowers more commonly found, have the olfactory beauty of an intricate dentelle of fruity-leathery smells evoking plums, apricots and prunes hidden in the suede pouch upon a warrior-poet’s belt, as if taken out of a Chinese vignette. It's hard not to be enraptured by their at once complex and delicate scent once you experience it and they lend their delightful and refined aroma in many a perfume composition. It's apricot-smelling blossom, soft, pliable, sensuous, from an exotic plant cherished in the East. Pairs well with lactonic florals. Being over 4000 USD for a kilo of osmanthus, PLEASE DO tell anyone who thinks FB smells cheap to do some research!!
To me the tops notes instantly hit you with a layer of bergamot then subtle earthy teas, then all of a sudden I smell the Sambac jasmine which is rarer and not a strong as other jasmines from India or Egypt. Has a green, slightly fruity smell that drys into a sweet floral/ honey/tea. 8 oz of Sambac jasmine essence sells for over 1200 USD.This is nothing like the jasmine in Angel... it lingers for quite a bit then the orchids and roses comes out.
Centifolia rose, is clear and sweet with hints of honey, also Cattleya orchids are unmistakable usually a synthetic note in perfumes giving a powdery veneer to floral bouquets, sweetish and clean. But in FB it is not overly powerful, cloying, or generic like I find alot of perfumes with orchids.
There are orchids that smell exactly like coconut suntan lotion, butterscotch and cedar wood, cinnamon, sweet clover, roses, or baby powder. (If there is a “typical” orchid flower scent, it would probably be a generic cattleya, but more often the “orchid” note in perfume is a fantasy note of some sort. Vanilla is extracted from the seedpods of an orchid, so maybe it could be thought of as the quintessential orchid scent. To me, the most interesting thing about orchid fragrances is the huge variety that rivals the variety of manmade perfumes of all types.)
Somewhere sneaking throughout is something slightly peppery is it the type of freesia peeking out throughout the sweet African orange flowers?
The base note is to die for, I've only been in love with a rich Musk and patchouli base like this since I first smelled Shalimar. It's so resinous and deep. It's sexy and intoxicating. It a perfect home for all the gourmand and floral notes.

Overall
I love this one on me...my chemistry can really pick up all the different levels and notes. I really appreciate it.... But I probably won't repurchase because of price and there are some many perfumes out there. I usually don't rebuy the same ones over and over. I love the bottle it's gorgeous but the atomizer sprays wayyy to much. So I took a lipstick off packaging. No wonder some people absolutely hate it, especially when you already don't like gourmands or florals. OR they totally smelled the fake ones on Amazon or eBay. Those smell hideously cheap and disgusting.
As for people saying everywhere they smell this I disagree...I don't know many who pay this kind of money for legit perfume. I've smelled this a couple times and I live in a fashion- geared, very large city with over 8 million people. Anytime I've smelled this it's been in upscale department stores like Louis, Gucci, and Hermes. I ALWAYS TURNED AND LOOKED AROUND AND ADMIRED THIS SMELL...
***To the woman who sprays this around her house and in the trash bin because she hates it wtf. If you hate it give it away why waste such a expensive perfume when someone will swap you... why buy something and not even see if you like it first especially perfume?! ***
Overall I recommend only to make sure your not getting edt, which sucks terribly and make sure it's not off the Internet where it could be fake or sitting in the sun, improperly stored etc....

on 11/6/2014 5:06:00 PM

I just a got a sample of Flowerbomb from Sephora & couldn't wait to try it because everyone raves about it. WELL I was instantly annoyed because it brings a flashback of a girl at the gym who apparently doused herself in this "fragrance" (I was thinking it was every single spray they have in walmart..) just the most sickening OVERPOWERING sweet powder yuck smell ... & It does NOT get AT ALL better when ur sweating like a pig either. I'm not exaggerating, one night it brought on the worst migraine of my life, not headache.. Migraine; curled up on edge of the bed holding my head, crying, vomiting & praying for death or sleep .. Whatever decided to come first. Thank god she seems to have found another gym & is victimizing other people w/this horrible vanilla syrup sickly odor that stinks up the room. Needless to say I will not be buying.... Yuck

on 11/4/2014 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Favourite perfume ever!! It smells so sweet and sensual and I absolutely love it!! What's great about it is that I can take my clothes off at the end of the day and when I pick them up to put them in the wash I can still smell the sweet fragrance of Flowerbomb lingering on my clothing and I think to myself "damn, I smell good!" No seriously though, it is amazing!

on 6/13/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love the flowerbomb!!! it's a very seductive fragrance that will keep his mind on you. people say that having a fragrance that many own is not smart, because it's not unique. well ladies the best thing when it comes to fragrances and men I think is being classy but also making sure that he will smell you and think of you wherever he goes:) my boyfriend told me how much he loved the vanilla and how he smelled it on someone else and thought of me instantly, and with all the girls wearing it I'll be on his mind all day !yay !!! don't get me wrong I love signature fragrances for the night out but as a daily I love flowerbomb

on 2/19/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

As the name implies, I expected a bold floral perfume. Not. Even. Close.
Flowebomb is a *very* SWEET fruitchouli; the Big Mac of perfumery these days. If there are florals in there they are candied and drowned in glucose. I can't say I find it unpleasant because I like sweetness in perfumes in general but this is SO boring, SO trendy/fashionable, common/unoriginal (in the vain of La vie est belle, Manifesto, Si by Armani, Jimmy Choo and so many others) that bores me in just a few minutes. Kudos for longevity.

on 10/22/2013 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this in the Sephora's Superstars Favorites kit (which frankly everyone needs!) and whoever included this perfume in it, I love you because it is my new favorite fragrance. For the past couple years I've been an avid Ralph Lauren wearer in the original (blue packaging) perfume and have, and still love it so much. Thennn I met Flowerbomb. It's such a sophisticated, warm, feminine smell. I've had numerous people asking WHAT in the world I'm wearing and where can they buy it, it's that wonderful. It's pretty potent at first, but that subsides a bit after a few minutes or so, but I would use a light hand when spraying. All in all, when I run out I'm high-tailing my butt over to Sephora and repurchasing this bad boy.

Popular Fragrances