Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.7

on 5/5/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Described as a floral gourmand, I had a very had time finding the floral. The amber and patchouli stole the show.
As a gourmand / spicy scent lover this appealed to me much more than expected. However, where gourmands seem to be a dime a dozen these days this offering did not stand out. I can't see myself reaching for this over some of the other gourmands in my collection. Silage was good, and longevity, it clearly lasted at least 5 hours that I noticed. Would not buy a full bottle but I can see why its popular.

" A heady mix of gourmand and florals, this sweet treat of a fragrance has notes of tea, bergamot, sambac jasmine, orange tree, catleya orchid, freesia, rose, and amber, musk, and patchouli"

The packaging is so cute, I love pink!! The smell is amazing if you enjoy sweet scents like me. The price is terrible and it doesn't last very long, I worked a half shift and it completely faded before my shift ends. (I work in retail)

on 4/27/2016 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Oh, I had no idea this had so many bad reviews because everyone I know loves it, and I have many friends or colleagues who wear it.

I have quite a sweet tooth when it comes to fragrances, so I love the sweetness in it, but I strongly disagree with the people that say it smells sweet like a kids perfume or a Victoria's Secret body spray, I think the sweetness in this is very detailed, thought through, stylish and sophisticated. Of course as everything and perfume especially, it's a matter of taste, I personally love this one and it's one of my favorites.

I don't understand the what all the hype is about this fragrance. To me, there is nothing individual about it. There are so many perfumes out on the market that smell exactly the same. (Both Taylor Swift perfumes, Britanny Spears, Sophia Vergara, Queen Latifah, Katy Perry Pink Sugar, so many Bath and Body Works fragrances, the list goes on). The only thing that that stands out is the hefty price.

on 12/28/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time i heard the name of this perfume, i wasn't interested (I don't like florals). Then i smelled this amazing fragrance on a sales associate and when she told me it was Flowerbomb, i had to try it. So i got a sample and fell in love. It doesn't smell very floral to me, so calling it "Flowerbomb" is a misnomer in my opinion, and probably turns off other people who don't like florals (like me, hah).
The initial first spraying (top notes) is my least favorite stage, as i can smell the earthy patchouli, and it almost smells powdery on me, like the scent of an 80's hair spray lol. That's strange because patchouli is actually listed as one of the base notes but i smell it first. Luckily this doesn't last long, as the middle stage and dry down are my favorite, because then it becomes this rich gourmand fragrance, somewhat chocolate-y/vanilla and this is where i can smell the floral slightly and the citrus, as it just has the amazing blend of all three. I get more compliments on Flowerbomb than any other perfume i've owned. It also lasts a really long time on me; i can spray it in the evening and still smell it the next day. Which is good, as it's relatively rather pricey. Love!

on 8/15/2015 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Flowerbomb "unsniffed" when it first came out in 2006 or 2007 on the advise of a sales associate. She had raved about the fragrance and said if was selling out faster than any other fragrance they had in the store so I ordered a bottle. It was "okay". It was very sweet and on me did not move past the "candy stage" and I did not get anything floral or smell any patchouli. I asked the opinion of a co-worker who has excellent taste in fragrances and he commented he would not recommend to his wife even if she only wore it for a play day. The unanimous decision was the fragrance was for the 20-something crowd so I gave it away. At the time I was wearing Michael Kors and had many people including strangers ask what I was wearing. I've been looking for a new fragrance to add to my collection and saw numerous positive reviews for Flowerbomb so I requested a sample to try again. Flowerbomb is something I have smelled on many young girls and reminds me of highly marketed celebrity perfumes. If you love Flowerbomb wear it. For me, when I walk by someone and they catch a faint whiff of my fragrance I want them to know "there goes a woman".

on 10/16/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is so complex and different from most fragrances. It has quickly become a favorite. This mixed with my personal chemistry is only rivaled by how well Fredricks Of Hollywood Signature and Aqualinas Gold Sugar play out. I have that type of chemistry that does better with heavier fragrances and not so well with clean ones.

Flowerbomb to me sounds like a huge bouquet of flowers, which I avoided for years because of the name unfortunately. This is by far nothing strictly floral. It a great mix of floral and heavier patchouli. I normally detest patchouli, but not in this.

Top notes are bergamot, tea, and osmanthus. The middle notes are African Orange Flower, Jasmine, rose, orchid, and freesia. The base of this fragrance is musk and patchouli. I mostly smell rose, orchids, musk, a little patchouli (almost like its just enhancing the musk), slight tea, and barely a note of bergamot. It just dries down to a very warm floral that is so intoxicating and sexy.

on 6/13/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not a "girly-girl" and I usually steer clear of floral or sweet perfumes.. but I can't get enough of flowerbomb!
I smelled this scent in a department store but when I saw the price tag, I was aprehensive (70 - 90 eek!!). Luckily, while going through duty free in the airport, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy it.
Fancy meets Lolita with this explosive fragrance that seems to be filled with all things delicious. When I smell this, I sense vanilla, pink sugar, green tea & sweet pipe tobacco. I can wear it day or night and when I do wear it, I always get complimented.
Even the packaging is perfect, the little pink grenade bottle trigger does the scent justice.

The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because I have to reapply at least 3x throughout the day.. I really wish it would last longer!!

on 4/30/2014 11:12:00 AM

I don't like Flowerbomb. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people love it, but I can't stand it. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. I hate it on myself and I hate it on my co-workers (who reek of burnt plastic). It gives me a headache. I gave the bottle to my niece.

It's mixed with strong (yet sweet) flowers (jasmine, rose, orchid), sweet & tart fruits, heavy patchouli, musk, freesia (for freshness), and there's even an underlying powdery scent. It's just a dreadful concoction of ingredients, in my opinion. I don't know, I seem to dislike every popular or "best-selling" perfume.
But I will say, Viktor and Rolf have done an excellent marketing job.

on 2/17/2014 1:09:00 PM

FLowerbomb is the equivalent of a Little Black Dress in your "Top 10 Must Have in Your Wardrobe Staple". Most folks will love it, you will wear it easily, it might become your signature scent if you're inclined to have just 1 scent. It's in the "Angel, Coco Mademoiselle, Flowerbomb" trio. In other words: Cotton candy and patchouli. Of the three, I find Flowerbomb to be the most wearable of the bunch but also the least interesting of the bunch. So there you have the trade-off. If I were to review the cream separately, it would get 5 lippies. I am taking 1 lippie off for originality and name confusion. Otherwise, thumbs up!

Popular Fragrances