Viktor&Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 25-29
Viktor&Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.0

I don't get the hype. The bottle is beautiful, but it smells sickeningly sweet. I like sweet smelling perfumes, but Flowerbomb smells cheap. I've heard people say that Flowerbomb is "the sex."
Well, I'm here to tell you that NO, it's not. Not for me, at least. If you're a self-respecting woman in your mid 20's who wants to give off an air of class, elegance, grace, and understated sexiness, don't reach for this. This will make you smell like a high school girl who went overboard with Victoria's Secret strawberries and champagne body spray.
I only gave it 2 stars because of the packaging. It's absolutely gorgeous!

on 7/18/2011 12:41:00 PM

omg luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv this, best perfume of all time!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

After hearing all of the rave reviews about this fragrance I had to give it a try. Luckily, I couldn't bring myself to pay the full amount for a scent I had never smelled before so I got a sample from Sephora. I was really expecting more from this product. It's a decent scent in the sense that it's not terrible, but it's nothing to swoon over either. I even gave it the good old "wait and see", since there are some perfumes that I couldn't stand when I first applied it but turned out to smell heavenly. Not the case with this scent. When I first applied it, it reminded me somewhat of Pink Sugar but not as intense and sickeningly sweet. Good thing it was just a sample!

on 11/20/2010 2:01:00 PM

This is a nice, warm and sweet gourmand-like type perfume. It is similar to Estee Lauders pleasure delight (a floral-gourmand consisting of marshmellows, caramel and the like which I am almost positive was influenced by Flowerbomb). There is a musky drydown of patchouli here to add to the sophistication of the perfume. (Definitely not my cup of tea, but it does cut the sweetness factor just a bit) Overall, a good quality perfume with enough sillage to last you throughout the day.

on 5/1/2008 12:36:00 PM

As some MUA-ers have suggested, the name is something of a misnomer. Flowerbomb isn't a rich, white floral in the style of Fracas. Instead, it melds transparent floral accords--jasmine and rose--with a sugared chocolate and patchouli base. The whole effect, for me anyway, is like eating a fabulous dark chocolate truffle with a sweet iqueur filling, something like Chambord or Cointreau, while drinking a jasmine tea.
I don't really see this as an Angel-type fragrance, because it lacks that sharp juxtaposition of dark patchouli and sweet fruit that made Angel so famous. In my opinion, that makes Flowerbomb easier to wear, but I can easily see it being too sweet for many. For reference, I also love several other gourmands: L de Lolita Lempicka, Addict, Prada, Covet & the original Lolita Lempicka.

on 5/30/2006 10:33:00 PM

Hmmm. I like it at first, but then, all I can smell is stinky patchouli that keeps getting stronger and stronger through the drydown. Smelled like Coco Mlle with lots of patchouli. Not my cup o' tea. Lessen the patchouli, and I'd probably love it.

I agree with the reviewer below that this smells like Coco Mlle & Magnetism. When I 1st smelled this, it immediately reminded me of Pink Sugar & Chanel Chance mixed together. So...it's basically Coco Mlle/Chance & Magnetism/Pink Sugar all tossed together. Nice, but save your money if you have any of the above fragrances.

Well, The Boyfriend has a new favorite scent for me. He got a whiff of Flowerbomb when we hugged hello this evening and he immediately asked, “What is that? What are you wearing?” like a desperate man. The reason he loves it is because it smells like Coco Mademoiselle mixed with the dry down of Escada Magnetism. It's a patchouli base with a sparkling fruit on top.

on 1/12/2006 10:48:00 AM

I tried this at Holt Renfrew, and surprisingly really liked it. I'm not that great at describing scents and drydowns, but what I *can* tell you is that most edp turn powdery on me (I always joke that I'm going to turn into one of those Italian ladies with powdery perfume, since everything turns powdery on me - and makes sense since I'm Italian ;))

Anyways, it's expensive, but it would last you long. No, I wouldn't repurchase this since I don't actually ever finish a bottle of perfume.

I like it, it's fresh and young enough for a girl like me, but also sophisticated and subtle.

Thumbs up from me!

on 8/19/2005 5:30:00 PM

The first spritz is nice; rich and sweet and spicy. But then it dries to an extremely powdery scent which smells terrible on me. I see no similarity to Allure or Coco Mademoiselle, both of which I own. I have to say it, Flowerbomb is a bomb for me.

Popular Fragrances