Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Filtered by age: 44-55
Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I really LOVE patchouli. I mean L-O-V-E patchouli. I understand and love strong fragrances. I wear Angel EdP, Youth Dew EdP, Aromatics Elixir, Obsession, etc, and I wear them well. But this... this Flowerbomb... NO. It is made up of all my favorite notes and yet, to me, it is not a matter of not liking it, I hate it. It is repulsive. Nauseating. This is on other people as well as on my skin -which by the way is impossible to scrub off. It lingered for 12 hours, turning my stomach -even after I showered. I have tested this one a few times, wanting to give it a chance, and each time regretted it. On the other hand, I LOVE Spicebomb on my husband and myself.

on 3/11/2016 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know it is a huge seller but it's just not for me. Too powdery, too flowery, too sweet, too generic. Nothing special except a cute name and bottle.

I don't understand the what all the hype is about this fragrance. To me, there is nothing individual about it. There are so many perfumes out on the market that smell exactly the same. (Both Taylor Swift perfumes, Britanny Spears, Sophia Vergara, Queen Latifah, Katy Perry Pink Sugar, so many Bath and Body Works fragrances, the list goes on). The only thing that that stands out is the hefty price.

on 12/29/2015 6:05:00 PM

I thought I truly LOVED this after buying a mini a few years ago and only smelling it in the bottle. Today I actually wore a small amount on the sternum and neck to work. No compliments, which doesn't really mean anything. Still I felt like it was a bit over the top, and I would probably not wear to work again. It's a conservative environment. I enjoyed it throughout the day but not as much as I had thought.
I will try again, perhaps applying in a different place and on a day off. I would have to say it smells rather artificial. 3.5 stars if I could.
Despite its' popularity, I wonder if this will still be in production in another 10 years.

on 12/28/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first time i heard the name of this perfume, i wasn't interested (I don't like florals). Then i smelled this amazing fragrance on a sales associate and when she told me it was Flowerbomb, i had to try it. So i got a sample and fell in love. It doesn't smell very floral to me, so calling it "Flowerbomb" is a misnomer in my opinion, and probably turns off other people who don't like florals (like me, hah).
The initial first spraying (top notes) is my least favorite stage, as i can smell the earthy patchouli, and it almost smells powdery on me, like the scent of an 80's hair spray lol. That's strange because patchouli is actually listed as one of the base notes but i smell it first. Luckily this doesn't last long, as the middle stage and dry down are my favorite, because then it becomes this rich gourmand fragrance, somewhat chocolate-y/vanilla and this is where i can smell the floral slightly and the citrus, as it just has the amazing blend of all three. I get more compliments on Flowerbomb than any other perfume i've owned. It also lasts a really long time on me; i can spray it in the evening and still smell it the next day. Which is good, as it's relatively rather pricey. Love!

Liquid fairy floss mixed with a bit of patchouli. This is super sweet on me and not particularly floral. Nothing like the notes listed. Very very gourmand. However, I do think it's a well made fragrance. The longer it's on, the warmer and richer it becomes.

In some ways it smells like M by Mariah Carey which I already own. However, while M doesn't smell super cheap, Flowerbomb smells expensive. Quality shows. As super sweet fragrances are not my thing, I'll stick to M for my occasional sweet tooth fix. I don't know if this varies considerably from person to person as I don't know anyone else who wears it.

If it's right for you, great. Not really right for me.

on 2/2/2015 11:19:00 PM

I wanted to hate it. Seemed that every vacuous celebrity says this is the perfume they wear. Well, I don't want to smell like Cheryl Fernandez Versini or some 20 year old in a soap opera so I avoided it but one day I thought....."I wonder" And that, dear readers began my obsession with Flowerbomb. It's sweeter than I would normally wear (my signature scent is Molecule01) but it's wonderfully addictive. I love trawling the beauty department at Harvey Nichols looking for unusual (i.e not everyone you meet will be wearing the same thing) perfumes but this......I just don't care that it's become so popular. I love it, I wear it and at the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about?

on 10/24/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The first time I smelled it on a lady she was the nurse at my allergist. I asked," are you wearing Obsession?" I smelled the oriental instead of the Flower Bomb first. I liked it enough to invest in a 3.4 oz bottle. I got it from Saks they had a nice bonus with it. I should say more about the scent! I live where I don't have many options except online. Ulta doesn't carry it. The reason I was willing to buy such a big bottle is I don't want to feel skimpy about using it. The biggest bottle of fragrance I've ever gotten was Chanel no5 eau premiere it's 5 full oz! I would try it if you never have it is what the kids are wearing!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I heard about Flowerbomb and decided I must give it a go! I ran out to Sephora and purchased the rollerball. My first thought was, ok great this is not offensive and it was comforting but my second thought was, I have smelled this before. While the scent is smooth and gentle and sweet it was familiar to me. And in my opinion not worth the high price tag that is attached to this perfume. Don't get me wrong it's a neat scent but it's nothing unusual. In fact it reminds me of something perhaps that I might find in say Victoria's Secret or even at BBW. I had higher hopes for this well rated popular scent. If you enjoy sweet and don't mind the price tag I would recommend it. However I feel it's not a one of a kind or unusual in any way.

on 12/29/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A floral assault and battery of my olfactory gland. Opens with a burst of flowers, closes with a sour charred scent that I don't care for. Would have been great in the 1980's along with Giorgio and big hair. Pass.

Popular Fragrances